REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Relationship & Gender Discussion (https://www.revscene.net/forums/relationship-gender-discussion_17/)
-   -   Christmas Gifts 2011 (https://www.revscene.net/forums/658659-christmas-gifts-2011-a.html)

miss_crayon 12-13-2011 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 88SupraT (Post 7718593)
Actually I didn't find it at HMV.... At least not the set I bought for her, This set has every uncut episode and then some. I found it on amazon and I saw the price I was like :fulloffuck: at it. I bought anyways because I knew she would be happy to get it. If you want I can pm you the price I paid.

YES PLEASE!

I'm totes going to buy this after the Christmas rush dies down. SHE'S GONNA LOVE IT!!!!!!!

And really don't know what to get the hubnut this year. I have ideas but hard to discuss when he's on here.

freakshow 12-14-2011 03:10 PM

^ I'll help you with yours if you help me with mine! msg me on fb :)

edit: i don't think that could have came out in a worse way..

dinosaur 12-14-2011 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stewie (Post 7725360)
even though im taking her to whistler, i still think i should get her a gift..

and now i need serious help with thinking of something..

was thinking about a spa package to spa utopia...but i kinda feel as if thats like giving a gift to someone and saying "hey...i didnt know what to buy you...so i gave you this instead..enjoy!!"

any suggestions

I think that is a good idea! Or, when you are in Whistler, take her to a spa there.

Be careful though....if you guys agreed to no presents...it could make her feel awkward that she didn't get you anything.

dinosaur 12-14-2011 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k2_alpha (Post 7719231)
if you a guys are already active,
then sex coupons are a small but substantial gift.

Dude...what makes you think giving her "sex coupons" are a gift for HER?

Never ever buy a girl shit like that...

!Yaminashi 12-14-2011 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dinosaur (Post 7726449)

Its nice to be able to think that she'll have to use a coupon to get some.
Instead of the mindset that guys are the ones that always need to have it and women rule the world because they have a vagina

Just a thought
:drunk:

Edit: After reading this, I'm not sure if it delivers my point or not. There's a point I'm trying to get across after reading your response, but my words are failing me right now

k2_alpha 12-14-2011 04:39 PM

Spoiler!

Quote:

Originally Posted by dinosaur (Post 7726449)

:seriously:

I was actually referring to Saucy's question. (spoiler is for previous posts)

So I guess its a bad thing if a guy is willing to do most of the work during sex to make you happy?

Don't women always complain that men don't care for their needs/pleasure?
A sex coupon is a perfect way in saying that I am willing to make this night one that you are going to remember fondly for a long time?

Unless you think sex coupons are purely for a mindless non emotional fuck or you are a strict feminist that believes women have to be pleasured even if they pretend to be a dead fish during sex, then I guess you are right...

eh? :fulloffuck:

k2_alpha 12-14-2011 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stewie (Post 7725360)
even though im taking her to whistler, i still think i should get her a gift..

and now i need serious help with thinking of something..

was thinking about a spa package to spa utopia...but i kinda feel as if thats like giving a gift to someone and saying "hey...i didnt know what to buy you...so i gave you this instead..enjoy!!"

any suggestions

skip the gift cert and bring her to the Scandiave Spa in Whistler
Scandinave Spa Whistler. Your Day & Resort Spa

I presonally have not been there. The SO and I are planning to go in Jan. But the pictures look amazing and reviews are quite good.
This way you get the "Spa" but its not a gift as you both attend. It is an activity!

dinosaur 12-14-2011 04:52 PM

^ oh dude....trust me, I am quite the opposite of "those" girls. My bf is VERY lucky to have a girl like me. I am DTF 24/7. (wow, that is too much info).

my point was, that most of the chicks that guys bitch about on here are not the type to receive "sex coupons" all that well.

plus, if that is what you are looking for (for her to initiate, take control, etc...) and she doesn't now...she will not like the coupons. if she doesn't do it without coupons....she won't do it with.

i do NOT advocate the guy always taking charge, nor to i advocate the guy doing all the work.

and dude....read you response. you are literally giving yourself the gift...not her, lol!

give her the sex coupons all ya want....i just dont think it will go over that well...report back :)

fliptuner 12-14-2011 04:57 PM

Thule fairing, Eibach's and alignment (for spring) and a winter coat she wanted. She declined a Compustar alarm/auto start (maybe next year). Just sort of practical stuff. She really wants a ring on it.

J89 12-14-2011 05:06 PM

Got her some Dolce Vita's she's been eyeing these for a while.
http://67.215.227.235/images/p/n/z/DOLC-WZ236_V1.jpg

A Couple of Armani Tanks and knits.

A hello kity makeup purse + umbrella haha.

So far..that's it..almost done she really loves shoes so I think I gotta remember which one she showed me lol

k2_alpha 12-14-2011 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dinosaur (Post 7726514)
^ oh dude....trust me, I am quite the opposite of "those" girls. My bf is VERY lucky to have a girl like me. I am DTF 24/7. (wow, that is too much info).

my point was, that most of the chicks that guys bitch about on here are not the type to receive "sex coupons" all that well.

plus, if that is what you are looking for (for her to initiate, take control, etc...) and she doesn't now...she will not like the coupons. if she doesn't do it without coupons....she won't do it with.

i do NOT advocate the guy always taking charge, nor to i advocate the guy doing all the work.

and dude....read you response. you are literally giving yourself the gift...not her, lol!

give her the sex coupons all ya want....i just dont think it will go over that well...report back :)

I am NOT trying to say you dont do your share. That is not what I meant. Based on your responses, you seem to have a level head on your shoulder.

cant say for sure as I dont know you lol
:badpokerface:

saucywoman 12-14-2011 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dinosaur (Post 7726514)

I think its a great gift. Yes it will be something I'd do anyhow but the present more is that he can pull out the coupon and ask for whatever it says whenever he wants; give him the feeling of in control. I have no problem with receiving them; I am the one giving him a coupon book afterall lol
Posted via RS Mobile

stewie 12-15-2011 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k2_alpha (Post 7726501)
skip the gift cert and bring her to the Scandiave Spa in Whistler
Scandinave Spa Whistler. Your Day & Resort Spa

I presonally have not been there. The SO and I are planning to go in Jan. But the pictures look amazing and reviews are quite good.
This way you get the "Spa" but its not a gift as you both attend. It is an activity!

damn...wish i had seen this yesterday, ive already gotten her the spa package at spa utopia, ended up getting her a 100minute sweedish/deep tissue massage followed by a 40min mud bath thing...im sure she'll enjoy it.

RacePace 12-16-2011 07:31 AM

http://i.imgur.com/4VQeRh.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/XYUTSh.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/mYztgh.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/D16bmh.jpg

Razor Ramon HG 12-18-2011 04:26 AM

Getting the woman a framed picture of us on her birthday and a handmade scarf. Anything else to add or do you guys think it's enough. This is actually the first Christmas where I'm not single :lol:
Posted via RS Mobile

XplicitLuder 12-18-2011 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Razor Ramon HG (Post 7730357)
This is actually the first Christmas where I'm not single :lol:
Posted via RS Mobile

:thumbs: ditto! feelsgoooood lol

Firmware 12-18-2011 12:37 PM

I still do not know what to get mine..

just started dating 3 months ago .

Teriyaki 12-19-2011 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firmware (Post 7730585)
I still do not know what to get mine..

just started dating 3 months ago .

try 3 days ago. :badpokerface:

dinosaur 12-19-2011 11:07 AM

Christmas presents for people who recently started dating:

-hockey/concert/theatre/event tickets. (i.e. something you can do together as a "date"...go out for dinner or dessert before/after)
-Massage/Spa gift certificate
-Mani/Pedi gift certificate
-Cologne/Perfum
-Wallet/Scarf
-Night out (nice dinner, walk, movie, etc...)
-Cool gadgets, books, music...

Stay away from:
-Jewellery
-Clothing
-Trips away (especially if you have only been dating for a few days/weeks)
-lingerie/underwear
-expensive electronics

Firmware 12-19-2011 08:42 PM

I was thinking of getting her a nose ring/ belly ring , nothing too fancy though..

By the way, do you guys know where they still got the charlie brown christmas tree?

Im forever alone.

avinayyar 12-19-2011 09:04 PM

Tickets to Bright Lights
Monkey plush toy
Godiva chocolates &
Tiffany's open heart necklace

Lomac 12-19-2011 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teriyaki (Post 7731576)
try 3 days ago. :badpokerface:

Better than starting to date someone a day before Valentine's Day. ...oops? :lol

Bought my "not-girlfriend" a 26 of Bailey's. Can't be bothered with anything else.

:joy:

buddy 12-20-2011 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firmware (Post 7732239)

By the way, do you guys know where they still got the charlie brown christmas tree?

Im forever alone.

e-bay ...

Firmware 12-20-2011 09:19 AM

I mean locally..
Posted via RS Mobile

Meowjin 12-20-2011 09:43 AM

Ended up getting her a bunch of inside jokes. she's a huge geek like me, so I painted her a custom card of a comic book character, and painted the foxhound logo on the front of the box. I got her some chanel nailpolish (her favourite brand) and a few hard cover comic book collections. Also bought her some candy that she had a hard time finding (some chinese guava) and put a bunch of nerd references in it. also brought her back some stuff from LA, that I'll give her on christmas eve. If anything I just want to see her again sooner, she makes me stupidly happy.

I hope she doesn't stalk revscene. <.<