REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 12-01-2011, 02:33 PM   #1
The RS Freebie guru

Thanked 2,491 Times in 860 Posts
Get Paid to Eat KFC, Taco Bell, or Pizza Hut

First off, this is solely for the benefit of any bored members, or those that like their fast food... I'm definitely not getting anything out of posting this.

Anyone want to get paid to eat KFC, Taco Bell, or Pizza Hut?

You can be a mystery shopper for these places by signing up with GAPbuster.

Mystery Shopping, Get paid to Shop, Mystery Shopping jobs, Secret Shopper - GAPbuster Worldwide

A couple years ago in 2009, they were doing mystery shops for McDonald's, and I did ten of them within a span of about two months and didn't have any problems with getting paid/reimbursed.

Back then, the standard payment for each job was $10 plus reimbursement for the food. Sometimes there are premium assignments available that pay more. I had one McDonald's assignment that was $15, and another one that was $35! I don't know why that one was worth so much, as the requirements were not any different from the others. It was either doing a dine-in or a drive-thru order, usually a Big Mac or a McChicken combo.

It's not all fun and games though - you are required to do some work such as record details of the cleanliness inside and outside of the restaurant, how the cashier greeted you, how the food looks, and how long it takes between certain timing points like getting in line, getting to the counter, and getting your food.

They have all the material for orientation and instructions online, but it does take maybe a half hour to digest.

The standard payment for these KFC, Taco Bell, and Pizza Hut jobs are $5 plus reimbursement for food, but it looks like you get more free food out of it than for McDonald's.

I've signed up for a few starting next week, and the assignments details aren't released until three days before, so I don't know exactly what needs to be ordered, but from the sounds of it, some of the KFC assignments call for ordering a bucket of chicken, and the Pizza Hut delivery assignments likely will be at least one large pizza. There are some Pizza Hut dine in assignments too that based on the orientation material calls for ordering an appetizer, a pizza, and a beverage.

So... yeah, go take a look if you're interested. There are jobs for locations all over the place, so you can just pick ones that are close to home.

Advertisement
InvisibleSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-01-2011, 03:47 PM   #2
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

$5???
achiam is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-01-2011, 04:01 PM   #3
Hyde's Understudy

just added it, i wanna do it for fun more than anything
Old 12-01-2011, 04:11 PM   #4
mc.
RS controls my life!

LOL, sign me up!
mc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 04:16 PM   #5
$_$
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
Originally Posted by InvisibleSoul View Post
First off, this is solely for the benefit of any bored members, or those that like their fast food... I'm definitely not getting anything out of posting this.

Anyone want to get paid to eat KFC, Taco Bell, or Pizza Hut?

You can be a mystery shopper for these places by signing up with GAPbuster.

Mystery Shopping, Get paid to Shop, Mystery Shopping jobs, Secret Shopper - GAPbuster Worldwide

A couple years ago in 2009, they were doing mystery shops for McDonald's, and I did ten of them within a span of about two months and didn't have any problems with getting paid/reimbursed.

Back then, the standard payment for each job was $10 plus reimbursement for the food. Sometimes there are premium assignments available that pay more. I had one McDonald's assignment that was $15, and another one that was $35! I don't know why that one was worth so much, as the requirements were not any different from the others. It was either doing a dine-in or a drive-thru order, usually a Big Mac or a McChicken combo.

It's not all fun and games though - you are required to do some work such as record details of the cleanliness inside and outside of the restaurant, how the cashier greeted you, how the food looks, and how long it takes between certain timing points like getting in line, getting to the counter, and getting your food.

They have all the material for orientation and instructions online, but it does take maybe a half hour to digest.

The standard payment for these KFC, Taco Bell, and Pizza Hut jobs are $5 plus reimbursement for food, but it looks like you get more free food out of it than for McDonald's.

I've signed up for a few starting next week, and the assignments details aren't released until three days before, so I don't know exactly what needs to be ordered, but from the sounds of it, some of the KFC assignments call for ordering a bucket of chicken, and the Pizza Hut delivery assignments likely will be at least one large pizza. There are some Pizza Hut dine in assignments too that based on the orientation material calls for ordering an appetizer, a pizza, and a beverage.

So... yeah, go take a look if you're interested. There are jobs for locations all over the place, so you can just pick ones that are close to home.

Put down your referral code i wanna refer you

EDIT: Just tried signing up, but damn its a lot of work. GL to the ones that will try it haha

Last edited by $_$; 12-01-2011 at 04:44 PM.
$_$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 04:25 PM   #6
Hyde's Understudy

FUCK I JUST FAILED, not worth the time to read everything and take the test.

I advise everyone not to do it, unless you absolutely have NOTHING to do
Old 12-01-2011, 04:32 PM   #7
mc.
RS controls my life!

^LOL, i did the orientation and dont even know if i passed, it just stopped working after i finished
mc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 04:35 PM   #8
Hyde's Understudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc. View Post
^LOL, i did the orientation and dont even know if i passed, it just stopped working after i finished
you have to click on all the "Go's" and then the test will allow you to do it.
Old 12-01-2011, 05:56 PM   #9
SDU
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

1. Mystery shopping can be tough to get into.

If you're OK with starting out doing $8 gigs for ordering a fast food meal, then chances are great that you can begin right away. The higher paying shops, however, are usually reserved for those with experience. If you want to earn a reputation for being a dependable shopper, I suggest visiting the MSPA's website and getting at least a silver status certification. Yes, it costs money. (Think of it as a "move to the head of the line" pass for most mystery shopping jobs.) Many reputable companies will only schedule certified shoppers for their jobs.
2. You can't earn money if you don't spend it.

Guess what? Mystery shopping requires you to shop (in most cases). Since they don't mail you cash up front, it is your responsibility to be able to cover your purchases for the shop. It also takes between 30 and 90 days to get reimbursed. If you can't spare this money, this may not be the job for you.
3. A successful shop requires an eye for detail.

I loved doing the fine dining shops. The problem was, I had a difficult time remembering all the details I needed to complete the shop. I had to covertly keep tabs on the names of every person I came in contact with, what they were wearing, what they said, what my food tasted like, etc. Needless to say it was work! If you are looking for mystery shopping to be your free meal ticket, understand that there will not be much time for relaxing. While it is true that some shops require little work, others require much, much more.
4. Payment depends on your performance.

Unlike a typical 9-5 job, you are not guaranteed payment unless your shop has been performed satisfactorily. If you forget the names of your wait staff, don't leave the right amount of tip, or accidentally reveal your shopper status, you are putting your reimbursement in danger. I have never had a shopping company not pay me, but I have also been very diligent about doing everything perfectly. If you don't take it seriously, you may not be paid — and you'll be out whatever cash you put into your shopping experience.
5. There are other costs involved.

In addition to the cost of your shopping (which is usually reimbursed partially or in full), there are other costs. Gas to drive to the shop, the cost (if any) to put an item on your credit card until reimbursement, or the cost of a tip (which is often not covered) are just a few expenses that may come up during a typical shop. Obviously, the best strategy is to shop close, only take shops that reimburse in full (and with an extra shopper's fee, if possible), and turn in your reports on time.
ARTICLE CONTINUES BELOW
ADVERTISEMENT
6. You are responsible for your own taxes.

As a mystery shopper, you are considered an independent contractor. While it is unlikely that you will earn over $600 a year for any one company, you will still be responsible for reporting that income on your tax returns. You can count it as self-employment, deducting expenses as needed, so keep track of the cost of your new mystery shopping job.
7. Some mystery shopping isn't shopping or a mystery.

Many shopping companies have begun scheduling work for companies that aren't even related to mystery shopping. Audits, merchandising, and other tasks (including headstone cleaning) often come up on the mystery shopping job boards from time to time. If you don't have an interest in these types of jobs, don't feel obliged to take them. They can be a good source of income for you, however.
8. A reputable mystery shopping company will never ask you for any kind of fee.

I'll say this again: You should not have to ever pay for the "privilege" to shop. You are performing a service, and should get paid. Any fee that is guaranteed to get you a list of jobs is bogus. For a genuine listing of most every single shop service on the planet, see Volition.com or check out JobSlinger.com. It costs nothing. (And be sure to read up on the latest mystery shopping scams — I have never, ever, ever been asked to cash checks in my six years of shopping. Ever.)

After some time, I gave up on mystery shopping. The $8-10 an hour wasn't worth the work (especially as my family grew). For some, this could still be a really good deal. Just be aware of the facts, and decide what's right for you. I still enjoy a nice hotel shop from time to time. (Hubby and I enjoy getting away for a night at an eventual cost of free.)
SDU is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-01-2011, 06:23 PM   #10
NLY
Helps you change your flat, doesn't hit on your girlfriend while doing so

Thanked 1,756 Times in 278 Posts
Damn it looks like a lot of work

2016-2017 Revscene Fantasy Basketball Champion
NLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 07:14 PM   #11
I STILL don't get it

So if we take up these 8$ fast food joint jobs, is the amount of work just a survey on: customer service, cleanliness, etc.?

Or would they expect more details like the name of the cashier and having us ask them questions?
pawdregry4g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 12:24 AM   #12
I subscribe to Revscene

i aint gonna drive far for this shit unless its really close
DC5-S is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 12-02-2011, 09:19 AM   #13
The RS Freebie guru

Thanked 2,491 Times in 860 Posts
LoL... I was unemployed at the time I did the McDonald's ones.

Yeah, it's only $5... but you could get like $20+ free food out of it, depending on the job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawdregry4g View Post
So if we take up these 8$ fast food joint jobs, is the amount of work just a survey on: customer service, cleanliness, etc.?

Or would they expect more details like the name of the cashier and having us ask them questions?
For these jobs, you are supposed to remember the name of the cashier and ask them one random question. Other than that, just general details like cleanliness, level of service, how the food looks, etc.

I did another search for jobs yesterday, and it seems like a lot of them aren't there anymore... maybe enough people signed up for them? Dunno... but the selection definitely wasn't as good as a few days ago.
InvisibleSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-02-2011, 09:31 AM   #14
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
so basically you can just bs and get free food
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote