REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 12-02-2011, 09:51 AM   #1
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,380 Times in 3,906 Posts
This is why you have Prenups

Quote:
Hong Kong wife wins $154 million divorce settlement

Hong Kong (CNN) -- A Hong Kong judge ordered a wealthy real estate mogul to pay his former wife $154 million in one of the city's largest divorce settlements.

The divorce award translates to HK $1.2 billion and dwarfs famous settlements in other countries.

In comparison, Paul McCartney was ordered to pay Heather Mills almost $50 million three years ago.

Court documents released Thursday detailed a breakdown of the ruling.

It includes a home in the city worth HK $250 million, a London residence valued at HK $30.5 million and HK $2.5 million to buy two cars.

Samathur Li Kin-kan and his wife, Florence Tsang Chiu-wing, married in 2000 and separated in 2008, according to court documents.

They lived a lifestyle "best described as just below that of a US- dollar billionaire," court documents said.

The wife told local media she was "delighted" as she left the courtroom smiling.
Hong Kong wife wins $154 million divorce settlement - CNN.com

go to link for video of the wife

she's a lawyer btw and counter sued her father-in-law (for suing her for fraud) + her husband seems like lots of drama anyway she just hit a payday

edit: better article

Quote:
Florence Tsang Chiu-wing is now the city's newest billionaire, thanks to a court judgment that awarded her HK$1.2 billion.

Tsang, who was beaming outside the High Court after the judgment, had claimed HK$5.5 billion in a lawsuit seeking ancillary relief following her divorce in 2008 from Samathur Li Kin-kan, a son of billionaire property tycoon Samuel Lee Tak-yee.

The case attracted extensive media coverage and gave the public a rare glimpse into the extravagant lifestyles of the seriously rich.

The Court of First Instance heard that Li lavished more than HK$100 million a year on himself. At one point he owned a Boeing business jet, two yachts, 28 cars and millions of dollars worth of wine, among other items, the court was told.

Lee - also known as Samuel Tak Lee - is the boss of Prudential Enterprise, which owns the landmark Prudential Hotel in Jordan.

As part of the judgment, the court referred the case to the Director of Public Prosecution for criminal investigation after it was found that the father and son might have committed forgery and perjury during more than 20 days of hearings filled with sensational evidence and accusations among the three parties.

The root of the marriage's breakdown was the wife's pregnancy. The court heard that the couple's marriage turned sour after the wife turned down his ultimatum for an abortion. This was followed by the discovery of his affair with another woman, leading to the end of their eight-year marriage in 2008.

Li told the court he had been "tricked" by his wife because she did not tell him it was a "risky time" to have sex. Since the birth of his daughter three years ago, Li said he had only seen her twice and did not want to be involved in her life.

Li's father had earlier initiated a lawsuit against his former daughter-in-law, alleging fraud for cancelling a post-nuptial agreement. Lee lost the case in England and mounted another legal action in Hong Kong.

The three settled the case in February, with the father and son admitting liability for "conspiracy to injure".

The court heard that after Li graduated from university, the father gave him 3.5 billion yen to start a property business in Japan. Under an agreement between the two, the father had the right to acquire shares of the company. The right was exercised in 2009.

Li said in court that he had no choice but agreed to conspire with his father to stop his ex-wife getting her hands on the money

"My father is the only one looking after me," he said in court. "If I pick a fight with him, I would ... be on the street. I have no other choice, so to speak."

The father said all along the son's assets were a retrievable gift from him. "In a word, everything is mine. From top to bottom, through life's journey until death, and throughout all the family changes and internal strife," Lee told the court.

austin.chiu@scmp.com
http://www.scmp.com/portal/site/SCMP...%20kong&s=news

so it sounds like they did have a pre-nup but the son agreed to cancel it and still had the gall to cheat on her

guess the brains belongs to the dad
Advertisement

Last edited by StylinRed; 12-02-2011 at 10:06 AM.
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 09:59 AM   #2
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
how you marry a monkey face lookin bitch with a michael jackson nose who can't control her upper lip, all without a prenup....
just askin for it bro
Old 12-02-2011, 10:00 AM   #3
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,420 Times in 669 Posts
Old 12-02-2011, 10:19 AM   #4
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 2,485 Times in 1,007 Posts
Who knows which divorce is the recorder holder!!

no... NOT Tiger Woods.. his was only recorded at 750million

Rupert Murdoch's divorce from Anna Murdoch; "the most expensive divorce in history" at $1.7 billion
Old 12-02-2011, 10:41 AM   #5
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,382 Times in 3,464 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrariEnzo View Post

Rupert Murdoch's divorce from Anna Murdoch; "the most expensive divorce in history" at $1.7 billion

You got to pay when you trade in for a younger model.

Rupert Murdochs new wife is the biggest gold digger out there.
Old 12-02-2011, 10:53 AM   #6
I am grateful grapefruit

I know in the UK, even with a Pre-Nup - the judge could still say that it was unfair at the time when they signed it - and still award her 50%.
Old 12-02-2011, 11:01 AM   #7
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-spec View Post
how you marry a monkey face lookin bitch with a michael jackson nose who can't control her upper lip, all without a prenup....
just askin for it bro
"Money Over Bitches" - 2Pac
spideyv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-02-2011, 11:13 AM   #8
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Bank rolling
Posted via RS Mobile
6insomnia9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 11:29 AM   #9
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,580 Times in 4,297 Posts
That's why when your that rich you shouldnt be getting married.....
murd0c is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 12:28 PM   #10
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,060 Times in 1,180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
That's why when your that rich you shouldnt be getting married.....
That's what I was thinking too. When you're that rich, you could have a new girl every day. Why bother getting married?

Look at George Clooney. He dumped Elisabetta Canalis the moment she wanted him to commit. Now he's dating Stacy Keibler (18 years his junior).
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 01:02 PM   #11
Da Vinci's real masterpiece: The Mona Diesel

I understand there is gold diggers out there but the wife in this situation had to deal with this:

Quote:
The root of the marriage's breakdown was the wife's pregnancy. The court heard that the couple's marriage turned sour after the wife turned down his ultimatum for an abortion. This was followed by the discovery of his affair with another woman, leading to the end of their eight-year marriage in 2008.
that and the shady shit with the father-in-law.
Old 12-02-2011, 02:00 PM   #12
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,336 Times in 198 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsunu View Post
I understand there is gold diggers out there but the wife in this situation had to deal with this:

that and the shady shit with the father-in-law.
yea but the wife probably had her own share of guys as well. Like Italian ballroom dancers or just random club guys, etc.

There are so many rich upper upper class married women who play with so many guys its not even funny. Last time I went to China I had a daughter and wife combo sitting beside me at a club, like a buy one get one free wtf. The rich husband and the son play their own share of girls, while the mom and daughter play their own share of guys as well.

Zyzz is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-02-2011, 03:26 PM   #13
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,284 Times in 420 Posts
Quote:
It includes a home in the city worth HK $250 million, a London residence valued at HK $30.5 million and HK $2.5 million to buy two cars.
With such a lavish lifestyle.... $2.5 mil would not be enough to buy two cars.....
Sky_High is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 03:29 PM   #14
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,646 Times in 2,302 Posts
Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 06:07 PM   #15
My homepage has been set to RS

rich guy didn get a prenup and had a mistress and forced her to et an abortion...its like hes so rich that hes just seeing just how bad he can possibly get raped in court. so a super loaded douchebag is now only half as rich and this stupid bitch is also rich now. who cares?
Posted via RS Mobile
drunkrussian is offline   Reply With Quote