REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   The Official Euro 2012 Thread (https://www.revscene.net/forums/658831-official-euro-2012-thread.html)

Tim Budong 12-02-2011 03:22 PM

The Official Euro 2012 Thread

Don't know how many footie fans are here
but going to start now with the groups being drawn today
I bolded my predictions

Group A
Poland
Greece
Czech Republic
Russia

Group B
Netherlands
Denmark
Germany
Portugal

Group C
Spain
Italy

Croatia
Ireland

Group D
Ukraine
France
England

Sweden

Group B is the Group of Death and my goodness, those matches will be EXCELLENT.

Im a big DUTCH FOOTIE FAN
but was truly disappointed when Germany crushed the dutch in a friendly a few weeks ago

LSF22 12-02-2011 03:31 PM

I grew up watching England, but their standard and play has dropped over the years... always don't know what to expect anymore...

I supported Spain and De Dutch during World cup... so would love to see them in the end.

*Agreed with most of your picks, although I think Czech will surprise and do better than Russia, and not feeling Denmark... prob gonna go with Germany

iwantaskyline 12-02-2011 03:32 PM

Spain and Germany are the favorites. France is very underrated, especially with a in form Benzema who was not on the 2010 World Cup squad. England still sucks, no Rooney for first 3 group stage matches lol.

Tim Budong 12-02-2011 03:38 PM

HUNTELAAR to lead the way for de dutch!

iwantaskyline 12-02-2011 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darthchilli (Post 7713053)
HUNTELAAR to lead the way for de dutch!

If anyone is going to lead the Oranj its Robin Van Persie, that guy has been scoring a goal per game pace this entire year.

StylinRed 12-02-2011 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darthchilli (Post 7713031)
I bolded my predictions

Group A
Poland
Greece
Czech Republic
Russia

Group B
Netherlands
Denmark
Germany
Portugal

Group C
Spain
Italy
Croatia
Ireland

Group D
Ukraine
France
England
Sweden

Group B is the Group of Death and my goodness, those matches will be EXCELLENT.

yeah group B is killer

Ireland is underrated imo think they'll have it this time to advance their group

Mercy 12-02-2011 03:48 PM

go poland go!!!!!
Posted via RS Mobile

Tim Budong 12-02-2011 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iwantaskyline (Post 7713057)
If anyone is going to lead the Oranj its Robin Van Persie, that guy has been scoring a goal per game pace this entire year.

goals will come from either one
we will see

Germany is quite scary again
Miroslav Klose leadin it

HonestTea 12-02-2011 03:51 PM

Group A
Poland
Greece
Czech Republic
Russia

Group B
Netherlands
Denmark
Germany
Portugal

Group C
Spain
Italy
Croatia
Ireland

Group D
Ukraine
France
England
Sweden

iwantaskyline 12-02-2011 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darthchilli (Post 7713063)
goals will come from either one
we will see

Germany is quite scary again
Miroslav Klose leadin it

We'll see, Huntelaar is usually a sub just like in the 2010 World Cup final against Spain.

Germany is the favorite with young stars like Ozil and Gotze. Klose should be good since its his last EURO, but I'm thinking its Gomez's year.

The Hype 12-02-2011 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iwantaskyline (Post 7713068)
We'll see, Huntelaar is usually a sub just like in the 2010 World Cup final against Spain.

Germany is the favorite with young stars like Ozil and Gotze. Klose should be good since its his last EURO, but I'm thinking its Gomez's year.

Germany's my team and I really do think this is their tournament. Ozil has been doing awesome for Madrid, and the rest of the midfield (Schweinsteiger, Mueller) are just as good, if not better. With all that talent, Gomez just has to be there for the pass, just like at Bayern. Not to mention the best 'keeper in the world plays for them too!

iwantaskyline 12-02-2011 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Hype (Post 7713113)
Germany's my team and I really do think this is their tournament. Ozil has been doing awesome for Madrid, and the rest of the midfield (Schweinsteiger, Mueller) are just as good, if not better. With all that talent, Gomez just has to be there for the pass, just like at Bayern. Not to mention the best 'keeper in the world plays for them too!

Neur is quite the keeper. I'm hoping for a Spain/Germany final. Only thing about Germany is their centre backs are a bit suspect.

donjalapeno 12-02-2011 05:40 PM

France is basically Africa :troll:

But go Deutschland go!!!!!!!!!!!

Bouncing Bettys 12-02-2011 05:48 PM

I've tended to prefer the Euro to the World Cup.

No Switzerland? :okay:

f. 12-02-2011 05:57 PM

DEUTSCHLAND!

crazyazn 12-02-2011 06:32 PM

I don't follow football, so I came in thinking this was about the euro debt crisis:pokerface:

PavelGTR 12-02-2011 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercy (Post 7713062)
go poland go!!!!!
Posted via RS Mobile

:thumbsup: Too bad PZPN is corrupt as fuck.

StylinRed 12-02-2011 08:47 PM

was wearing my holland jacket today @ costco and some old german guy started heckling me and then we talked about Euro2012

seems whenever i wear this jacket some old guy will strike up a conversation not when i wear any others though ;)

Farfetched 12-02-2011 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iwantaskyline (Post 7713144)
Neur is quite the keeper. I'm hoping for a Spain/Germany final. Only thing about Germany is their centre backs are a bit suspect.

yeah i'm thinking spain and germany as well.

Okami 12-02-2011 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blaupunkt69 (Post 7713162)
I've tended to prefer the Euro to the World Cup.

No Switzerland? :okay:

alexander frei quit.. some noob fabian frei is on the team.. :heckno:

LOL Ukraine and Sweden Match is gonna be awesome if they make it all YELLOW and blue ahaha

but they wont :okay:

murmur 12-03-2011 12:44 AM

i hope wilshere, chamberlain, and adam johnson will feature for england.
despite the english team is dropping in recent year, there are foreseeable stars and i expect them to do well.

germany is tipped to be the big winner, with khedira, ozil, and podolski.

spain, although they were big hits during euro and world cup, it just seems the conflict between the madrid and barcelona team is causing the overall spanish morale to drop. spain could play well if they focus the attack mostly on barcelona player, and leave the defence to madrid. (kick xabi alonso out and put busquet in, leave ramos and casillas for defense, and get torres that scam out of the way too)

portugal will not most likely make it through the group stage.

poland will most likely go through to final 4, they have decent attack and a good goalkeeper (chesney), but they need to be extra careful of their leaking defence.

for france, although samir nasri and benzema would play a big role, i still can't see they go through, given their recent recession.

murmur 12-03-2011 12:46 AM

anyone find it ridiculous that ukraine's shevchenko still playing?
he past his prime already and refuse to give up his space for young promising player.

murmur 12-03-2011 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StylinRed (Post 7713061)
yeah group B is killer

Ireland is underrated imo think they'll have it this time to advance their group

have you even watched irish football lately?
ireland was lucky to draw with estonia for the euro playoff.

i think the irish team will fail to go through the group stage. i can't see how they would be better than spain. who can ireland rely on anyway? robbie keane and glenn whelan? keane is old and whelan is average at best.

iwantaskyline 12-03-2011 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murmur (Post 7713507)
have you even watched irish football lately?
ireland was lucky to draw with estonia for the euro playoff.

i think the irish team will fail to go through the group stage. i can't see how they would be better than spain. who can ireland rely on anyway? robbie keane and glenn whelan? keane is old and whelan is average at best.

Yup, you're absolutely crazy if you think Ireland will qualify in a group that has Spain and Italy. Even if Cassano and Rossi aren't ready to play in the EURO's, Italy will still finish second in that group.

iwantaskyline 12-03-2011 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murmur (Post 7713503)
i hope wilshere, chamberlain, and adam johnson will feature for england.
despite the english team is dropping in recent year, there are foreseeable stars and i expect them to do well.

germany is tipped to be the big winner, with khedira, ozil, and podolski.

spain, although they were big hits during euro and world cup, it just seems the conflict between the madrid and barcelona team is causing the overall spanish morale to drop. spain could play well if they focus the attack mostly on barcelona player, and leave the defence to madrid. (kick xabi alonso out and put busquet in, leave ramos and casillas for defense, and get torres that scam out of the way too)

portugal will not most likely make it through the group stage.

poland will most likely go through to final 4, they have decent attack and a good goalkeeper (chesney), but they need to be extra careful of their leaking defence.

for france, although samir nasri and benzema would play a big role, i still can't see they go through, given their recent recession.

Guaranteed Chamberlain is not going to be selected, Wilshere yes.

As for "leaving the attack to Barca players on Spain" and leave defending to Real players, you do understand the only players from Real Madrid on Spain are defenders, a goalie, and a defensive midfielder?

And the Polish goalie is Szczesny not Chesney!

France will do well, the old guard is gone and the new one is ready.