REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 12-11-2011, 04:51 PM   #76
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,628 Times in 718 Posts
if you know you can manage a knife then why not? If you don't well then.. good luck?

99% of people can't handle a knife properly
Advertisement
Excelsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 05:30 PM   #77
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 2,116 Times in 382 Posts
StaxBundlez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 08:41 PM   #78
I LIKE JDM!!

Thanked 2,175 Times in 715 Posts
damn thats messed up

YouTube
Instagram
flickr
Twitter
Portfolio
european is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 09:52 AM   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
perhaps you missed it in the previous page....you can't save anyone if you are dead.

two things can happen:

assess the situation first, yep using the brains that we developed through the years of evolutionary process and ask yourself "is my life worth risking over someone i don't know?"

or

jump in like an alpha caveman and act purely on primal instincts and get seriously hurt or killed...while not knowing how good the chances of the woman surviving at the time of intervention.

Its easy to rationalize this way when you are not in the perspective of the victim or in relation to the victim. Not directed to you twitchyzero but to the people who say they would do nothing at all, let's look at it this way, if you were the victim getting attacked, and you were undoubtedly overpowered, would you want people to just stand around and watch you get stabbed to death? I highly doubt you would be like, "Hey, don't anybody help me, I'm good, my attacker has already stabbed me 10 times, so I'm probably gonna die, so don't even bother trying to save me, wouldn't want you guys to trouble yourselves."

I think its safe to assume that you would be either thinking or screaming at the top of your lungs in desperation, "Help me, please somebody help me, for god's sakes save me from this psychotic asshole!!!"

Or, lets say in this particular situation, the woman getting stabbed was your mother, your sister, your daughter, your girlfriend, your wife. Would you want people to just stand by and watch? If it was your mother, after you found out about her brutal death, would you reason with the bystanders that didn't help. "Oh its ok, I feel for the bystanders, they just stood there and watched as my mother died in front of their eyes, but I understand, they didn't want to get hurt. She only gave me life, loved me, and raised me, its cool." No, you would be lying to yourself if you said you wouldn't be ranting and raving at how heartless and selfish the bystanders were; you would scream in a fit of rage with clenched fists asking, what is wrong with our society!! And you know what the answer to that is? You need only look at the reflection of yourself in the mirror for that answer.

Its not about being alpha or beta, its about being human.

Yes, we are smart enough to know that if you are trying to fight a man with a knife, especially if you have no combat training, the chances of you getting hurt are high. But, like others have said, and I agree with them, you can find an object as a weapon, outnumber him with people, scream at him, anything. The whole point is to distract him in any way possible, because the more you distract him, the less opportunity he will have to stab her even more. Who knows, maybe the time that you took away from him when you distracted him, could have saved her from death.

If you think I'm wrong, remind me not to save your loved ones when I see them being attacked.
Old 12-12-2011, 10:08 AM   #80
J89
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
perhaps you missed it in the previous page....you can't save anyone if you are dead.

two things can happen:

assess the situation first, yep using the brains that we developed through the years of evolutionary process and ask yourself "is my life worth risking over someone i don't know?"

or

jump in like an alpha caveman and act purely on primal instincts and get seriously hurt or killed...while not knowing how good the chances of the woman surviving at the time of intervention.
Cause you're a pussy ass nig.
I hope you get attacked tonight and people walk by you and laugh.
Bitch.
J89 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 12-12-2011, 10:12 AM   #81
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,454 Times in 1,227 Posts
I think some of you might be surprised on what you'd do when in a uncommon situation. I've never encounted someone with a knife but twice I've broken up fights with complete strangers, once it was a man attacking his wife/girlfriend. On the man vs woman I got in between them and grabbed him taking him to the ground and once other onlookers seen I was willing to get involved they helped me restrain him, it just takes one to get the ball rolling.

If the person had a knife, if there was a group of them or if say my kid was with me I don't know what I'd do. I'd like to think if I felt I could help I would but I honestly don't know it would have to be a situational decision.

Edit: I just thought about this but years ago one of my friends got in between a guy/girl fight once as well. The guy was hitting her my buddy intervenes and hits him a few times then the girl he was hitting starts attacking my friend. You never know what you're going to get.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 11:23 AM   #82
How I Mod your mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by The7even View Post
1 Billion Chinese...

2 people are not helped (this woman and the child that was run over )

OMFG CHINA WTFUX U SO BAD OMG SO BAD NO MORALS LIKE US WE HAVE MORALS OMG SO BAD STOOPID CHINEZE

Shut up, retards.. You sound like the people who go "omg disasters everywhere, volcanos, earthquakes, war, uprisings omg, world coming to end" when in fact, it all seems that way to the mind with the constant 24/7 news being brought from all over the world.

there were over 20 THOUSAND earthquakes last year alone. Chill out muddafuggas
Sorry, but how can you sit there and compare natural disasters to an innocent stabbing/a child being run over? What if your child or wife was brutally killed and nobody did shit about it? Should we just tell you to chill the fuck out because people die everyday?

Natural disasters cant be prevented by anyone, stabbings can. Put all these sick motherfuckers in jail so THEY can get shanked for not wanting their cockmeat sandwich
[19-07, 16:52] bloodmack: EB did u change my avatar and title?
Quote:
[19-07, 16:54] El Bastardo: bm i have no idea what you're talking about because i don't speak gorilla
!Yaminashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 11:24 AM   #83
How I Mod your mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by quasi View Post
I think some of you might be surprised on what you'd do when in a uncommon situation. I've never encounted someone with a knife but twice I've broken up fights with complete strangers, once it was a man attacking his wife/girlfriend. On the man vs woman I got in between them and grabbed him taking him to the ground and once other onlookers seen I was willing to get involved they helped me restrain him, it just takes one to get the ball rolling.

If the person had a knife, if there was a group of them or if say my kid was with me I don't know what I'd do. I'd like to think if I felt I could help I would but I honestly don't know it would have to be a situational decision.

Edit: I just thought about this but years ago one of my friends got in between a guy/girl fight once as well. The guy was hitting her my buddy intervenes and hits him a few times then the girl he was hitting starts attacking my friend. You never know what you're going to get.
I think in this case you just tell the bitch she's on her own LOL
[19-07, 16:52] bloodmack: EB did u change my avatar and title?
Quote:
[19-07, 16:54] El Bastardo: bm i have no idea what you're talking about because i don't speak gorilla
!Yaminashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 12:11 PM   #84
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 1,357 Times in 508 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxxxboost View Post
That was hard to watch. Hope he rots in jail.
Overall, mentality here in Canada is different in than in China. Somehow, even if you're trying to help, the victim might go after you just for the money so most people in China will do nothing.
Rot in jail? In china you get a bullet to your face for murder.

• 2017 Alfa Romeo Giula Q4
  • 1999 Nissan Stagea 260RS 1 of 748
  • 1998 Nissan Laurel Medallion Club S drift boi
  • 1991 Lexus LS400 mint boi
  • 1989 Nissan S-Cargo cute boi
hk20000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 12:26 PM   #85
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
i can see the newspaper article in my head.

"4 adults are being called heros after fighting off one man armed with a small pocket knife who massacred 100 young men aged 16-25 one by one at what witnesses are calling a 'revscene meet' yesterday. reports are there were 500 people watching it happen. witnesses report the majority of the crowd mumbling things like "im not getting involved, i might get hurt" during the slayings."
Old 12-12-2011, 05:38 PM   #86
The sound of inevitability

Quote:
Originally Posted by !Yaminashi View Post
Sorry, but how can you sit there and compare natural disasters to an innocent stabbing/a child being run over? What if your child or wife was brutally killed and nobody did shit about it? Should we just tell you to chill the fuck out because people die everyday?

Natural disasters cant be prevented by anyone, stabbings can. Put all these sick motherfuckers in jail so THEY can get shanked for not wanting their cockmeat sandwich
No, I think you misunderstood what I was trying to get at.
Believe me I'm a 100% with you.
So much so that I'm willing to say shank these assholes right back as punishment. Have them get stabbed in front of hundreds of people and have them just walk by as the punishment happens. I'm all for that.

What I was trying to get at with my post was that this is a very very rare occurrence. Aside from it being rare, it also happens here, as another user posted (by here I mean the US) and even in Canada, people just ran away as a dude was being dismembered on a bus.

People are usually too hard on China sometimes, not that I care in the slightest though, but when the same thing happens here, we can't all go "Oh wow Canada grow up will you!"
or
"Only in Canda"
or
"Only in the US"
And no body actually does. Because we know that when it does happen here, it's rare and we know why it happened.

So I'm with you a 100%, but let's not try to single out the Chinese as a people without compassion. Their laws are shit when it comes to citizen rights so people just tend to turn the other cheek and if they see a stabbing they assume "Those two people are fucked up".

Which is wrong of course, either way you look at it. But It happens everywhere, not just China.

Oh and sometimes my comparisons to things aren't out right clear.
I used natural disasters to compare how people get freaked out about certain things very easily and assume because they get bombarded with bad news (in this case natural disasters) that everything around them is falling apart(in this case it would be how this happens in China everyday, all day). I wasn't directly comparing it to these deaths.

The only ocean creature you can call yourself is the giant squid. He's the destroyer of ships, and the eater of seamen. At least you share one of those traits.
-Hypa

mixed girls that look predominatly asian with subtle caucasian features=what i'd give my left nut for
-6chr0nic4
The7even is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 09:02 PM   #87
Retired moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
lol what do you expect?
Ppl don't even stop to help a girl ran over by 2 cars do you think they will stop a guy with a knife?
It has a lot to do with corruption and a fucked up judicial system, in most cases if you help them, you'll get screwed over so they've learned to turn a blind eye to them. It's sad really

girl@revscene.net

girlはラップダンスをしたことがありません
Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 09:06 PM   #88
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

It is sad to see china living up to the name of "sick man of Asia"
truong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 09:08 PM   #89

Thanked 3,628 Times in 718 Posts
just heard from one of my friend who's doing residency..

yesterday this guy ended up in psychiatry care after he managed to get his hands on a katana and was chasing down somebody, glad the other person didn't get hurt
Excelsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 09:10 PM   #90
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,467 Times in 3,787 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.G View Post
Cause you're a pussy ass nig.
I hope you get attacked tonight and people walk by you and laugh.
Bitch.

BST feedback
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-21-2011, 03:40 PM   #91
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

holy shit, i hate coming across these videos, watching them, and imagining how bad itd be to be in the victims shoes.

fuck thats so sad, just what the fuck.
Phozy is offline   Reply With Quote