REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2011, 11:41 AM   #1
Retired Traffic Cop
skidmark's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Nanoose Bay, BC
Posts: 9,023
Thanked 115 Times in 66 Posts
DriveSmartBC - Snowmobile Licence and Registration

Before you operate your snowmobile in British Columbia, it must the registered with ICBC. ICBC will issue an owner's certificate and two numbered owner's decals. The decals must be displayed on either side of the cowl of the snow machine or in another conspicuous place on each side. The owner's certificate must be carried when the snowmobile is being operated and produced on the demand of an enforcement officer.

If you bring your snowmobile into BC as a visitor for winter recreation, you are exempt from having to register it with ICBC if it is properly registered in your home province or state and you are not using it in BC for more than 30 days. If your home province or state does not require you to register your snowmobile, you must obtain a special permit from the director of the Fish and Wildlife Branch for a period not exceeding 30 days.

If you intend to cross a highway or operate your snowmobile in a parking lot, you must also obtain both an operation permit from the police having jurisdiction in the area of operation and licence and insurance from ICBC. A restricted licence plate will be issued to be displayed on the machine in addition to the registration decals.

Snowmobile rental agencies must register snow machines before they are rented to customers. A duplicate of this rental dealer's certificate must be carried and produced to an enforcement officer in the same manner as an owner's certificate.

Reference Links
Have you ever met anyone that would admit to being less than a better than average driver ??

Learn more at DriveSmartBC
skidmark is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:09 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc. cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of