REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > HealthCare & Wellness

HealthCare & Wellness Breaking the Chains of Addiction. The Last Door Recovery Society
Mature discussion surrounding important health issues and concerns. Alternative therapies, healthcare questions, discussion of community resources, peer support help, group therapy, etc.

Old 12-11-2011, 03:30 PM   #1
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Acne

So I'm considering having Photodynamic Therapy or Smoothbeam laser treatment. They're both some type of laser surgery I think.

Has anybody tried this? I was just looking for alternatives from using accutane and they all linked me to laser surgery.

Thanks in advanced

Will edit my post later when I'm home
Posted via RS Mobile

Last edited by see.lai; 12-11-2011 at 07:52 PM.
see.lai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 02:31 PM   #2
Need to Seek Professional Help

i used to have alot of acne on my back but when i started getting tans (tanning booth) it went away. dunno if that would help you though. depends how severe your case is
cruz-in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 05:53 PM   #3
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Thanked 1,099 Times in 168 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruz-in View Post
i used to have alot of acne on my back but when i started getting tans (tanning booth) it went away. dunno if that would help you though. depends how severe your case is
How old are you? Im 26 and still get acne on my back.

I find the same though, tanning/summer it clears up.
FishTaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 06:16 PM   #4
PRINCESS

PDT works really well
i have super bad acne. Like nothing works on me xept.laser stuff.
Pdt cleared up my skin but just sucks that u gotta wear clai mask when youre driving and cant be exposed to light 48hours
got three treatments done and everyone noticed my skin got waaaay better
Posted via RS Mobile
MeowMeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 09:31 PM   #5
& Associates Inc.

Thanked 1,215 Times in 409 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeowMeow View Post
PDT works really well
i have super bad acne. Like nothing works on me xept.laser stuff.
Pdt cleared up my skin but just sucks that u gotta wear clai mask when youre driving and cant be exposed to light 48hours
got three treatments done and everyone noticed my skin got waaaay better
Posted via RS Mobile
How much and where?
Any side effects/harms of PDT?
Does PDT remove scars too?

I'm currently taking Accutane for my backne, and acne on my forehead. Its definitely working but dries the fuck outta my skin/lips, which is a common side-effect.. Stopped taking it for 3 weeks in December and it came back (forehead). Been on it almost 5 months.
Old 02-04-2012, 10:31 PM   #6
PRINCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthless View Post
How much and where?
Any side effects/harms of PDT?
Does PDT remove scars too?

I'm currently taking Accutane for my backne, and acne on my forehead. Its definitely working but dries the fuck outta my skin/lips, which is a common side-effect.. Stopped taking it for 3 weeks in December and it came back (forehead). Been on it almost 5 months.
MC medical spa in north van (had some promotion and brought my mom& her friend. got some other stuff for free)
your face MAY scab for a week and turn bright tomato red. Especially if you expose yourself to light
i think i paid 990 for three treatments.

What kind of scars are you talking about? red spots or those meteor like carved scars?
I actually talked to my dr about it and he said gemini works for redness and triple fraxel for those carved up like scars (but honestly my mom didnt benefit much from fraxel)

my dr charges 80 for consultation though (but he will give it back to u as credit if u get treatments done unlike dr wong from richmond laser who charges 40)

dr wong is good too btw. Xept he is super pricey...
Posted via RS Mobile
MeowMeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 11:09 PM   #7
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Have you tried antibiotics? Like Doxycycline? worked for me
jack3d is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-06-2012, 06:12 AM   #8
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,538 Times in 495 Posts
I used to get acne on my back. I tried several things over the years. One day I bought a different laundry detergent and never looked back. I would get boils on my shoulders, and pimples all over. Obviously there was some thing in the detergent that was causing this.
Posted via RS Mobile
cdizzle_996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 02:46 PM   #9
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

A good habit for back acne is changing your shirts more often and keeping your bed sheets clean, as in changing them every couple of days. What I did when i was younger to help my back was cleaning my back with facial toner after a shower to dry out the acne.
K-bad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 04:37 PM   #10
PJ
My name is PJ and I like dogs.

Thanked 1,683 Times in 532 Posts
I'm 22 now, and last year I had pretty bad acne. Proactiv, creams, scrubs, nothing worked. Lot of people said diet and cleaning pillowcase more often and whatever, but it never worked for me. I mean, if medicated creams didn't work, I don't think changing your bed sheets would help.

I didn't wanna take accutane for the side effects. My doctor said there's antibiotics i can take which can help. Luckily it worked for me. I still get acne, but no where near as bad as it was last year.

Different skin types need different things. I personally would never turn to accutane because of the uncertain side effects.

Question - are laser treatments for people who are currently still getting acne? or is it more of a scar treatment?

Hello my name is PJ.

Buy/Sell Feedback 1-0-0
PJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 11:23 PM   #11
Rs has made me the man i am today!

I used Minocycline for years. Worked for me. No acne now.
Dr. Dodd on West Broadway.
EndLeSS8 is offline   Reply With Quote