REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 12-13-2011, 05:35 PM   #1
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,497 Times in 4,892 Posts
RS Operation Red Nose

2013/2014 EDIT: Call dispatcher, El Bastardo! Do not try to reach drivers via e-mail, PM, phone call, etc. Drivers are going to be called by El Bastardo, because he has all the info on who is available, what they can drive, etc. El Bastardo is the eyes and ears of the operation.

The phone number will be posted here as soon as we get it.
Also, El Bastardo used to be Tachy Cardia. If you read previous posts, that's who Tachy is.

=======================================
original post

Not sure if this would fly (pun intended), but might be worth a try.

I don't drink anymore (Easy Does It) and I don't party like I used to, either. I am willing to be part of a Revscene team that would drive RS members home from a bar on days leading up to and including New Years. With even one or two drinks being enough to get you into hot water.......

I guess it would have to be a planned thing and not so much a spur of the moment thing - although, it may still be possible.

I can cover the East Van, North Burnaby, and Coquitlam regions. It's just an idea right now. Not sure how it would work logistically. Worth discussing? I'd hate to hear of a RS member getting into, or causing, an accident.

There are only a handful of RS members I would not get into the same car with (and vice versa), but most people on RS are cool. People can subscribe to this thread, so they can be notified of a person who needs to be driven home.

================================================== =
Updated info: as at 11:46 pm 12/21/11

List of volunteers:

Tachy Cardia! Dispatcher (the glue that holds this operation together) edited

myself
dr.funk
BaBiE_Bee (damn that's hard to type)
LSF22
dbaz
impulseX
Bigbaddie
Mindbomber (Fraser Valley)
CRS
----------------------------------

What information person requesting service must provide:

To protect yourself, Call Tachy. Don't post your info in this thread, unless it is just a "heads up," post.

Time: When approximately you would like to be picked up
Address: Place where you would like to be picked up
How many people: In case you and your buddy are both intoxicated
Type of Vehicle and Transmission: Truck, passenger, auto, manual, etc.
Destination: Where you and your car are to be dropped off
Tachycardia's Edit: This service is ONLY if you've driven somewhere, gotten wasted, and are incapable of driving home. If you've planned ahead and left your car at home, please take a taxi as they are the professionals at that sort of thing.
Again, only call us if you've got to get you AND your car home.

--------------------------------------

Volunteer Designated Drivers:

You need to make sure cell is fully charged
Treat the car you are driving as if it were yours...........(most people treat their cars better than their g/f).
Bring along a two way radio, if you have one, and make sure you and your partner are on same channel.
Tachy will have everyone's cell number, just in case - either form of communication is OK, as long as you have hands free.
No speeding or erratic driving. You are representing RS.
Drive Safe!! Beware that roads may not be safe - drunk drivers. And, of course, road conditions (weather, ice, etc.).
Ask to see the drivers license and insurance papers belonging to person requesting the service and check to make sure everything is A-OK.
Respect people's privacy and do not discuss or reveal to others where anyone lives (phone numbers, address, vehicle info, etc.).
Call dispatcher as soon as you arrive and person locks their vehicle and heads inside. Just in case something happens afterwards. We will not be held responsible.

Make sure Tachy has all your info - contact info and schedule (when you can help out).

If I missed anything important, let me know and I will add it ASAP.

Most of all, thanks, guys, for stepping forward and making this a possibility.
Advertisement

Last edited by MG1; 12-15-2013 at 06:30 PM. Reason: Vital information needed
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
!e.lo_, 411ken, 4PPLE, 604dragon, 604STIG, Alatar, artmotion, AzNightmare, b0unce. [?], Bahhbeehhaaaa, BaoTurbo, Benz_05TSX, bicboi, BillyBishop, bing, bluejays, Boostslut, BossFrancis, BT, carisear, CharlieH, cho, chouchou, civicyvr, cliffhanger33, cococly, dlo, dn53, donjalapeno, dr.funk, DsZ24, dyan, eDy, El Bastardo, Everymans, EvoFire, Fafine, Fcukedd, FI-Z33, fishCak3s, Gallardo, Gerbs, Graeme S, Grandmaster TSE, Gumby, hchang, Hehe, HonestTea, hotjoint, hx2gls, impulseX, Inaii, invader, jACEDesignsLtd, jack3d, jackmeister, JDął, jerche, Jgresch, jimzilla, jlo mein, K-Dub, kb, kchan, KingDeeCee, kunoman1, lilevilboi, Lomac, LP700-4, LSF22, LsquareD, LuHua, MindBomber, moomooCow, murd0c, nabs, nack, Nechako87, Nightwalker, Nlkko, Not really racist!, Obsideon, orgasm_donor, OTG-ZR2, PDKGD3, Phozy, PiuYi, punkwax, pure.life, RecklessNS, Richmond69er, rJZx, ruthless, satek, sexyaccord, Slifer, smarv, SoulCrusher, spades, Spartacus, spideyv2, spoon.ek9, StaxBundlez, Stealthy, steel_chain619, stewie, sunny_j, supershopper, swfk, tgill, TheKingdom2000, The_Situation, tiger_handheld, Tim Budong, tofu1413, ToneCapone, tonyzoomzoom, twitchyzero, TypeRNammer, underscore, unit, urrh, Vansterdam, vitaminG, vo_hantu, Windstar, xmisstrinh, XplicitLuder, Zoidberg, zonda_s
Old 12-13-2011, 05:56 PM   #2
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,066 Times in 865 Posts
I assume this is by donation (similar to the real red nose operation), so I ask that the drivers please post the suggested donation.

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 05:58 PM   #3
MG1

Really? I thought it was a free volunteer thing. I would do it for free for RS members..........

On second thought............. horndog in me coming out............... women of RS = free ride. LOLOLOLOL.

j/k.......... free on my end. I'll accept hugs. No homo.
Old 12-13-2011, 06:03 PM   #4
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_handheld View Post
I assume this is by donation (similar to the real red nose operation), so I ask that the drivers please post the suggested donation.
Operation Red Nose accepts donations, but it's not required, generally it's good charma to donate at least the equivalent cost of fuel for the trip.
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-13-2011, 06:05 PM   #5
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,183 Times in 606 Posts
safe ride

778-239-9411

call and get 5 rides and your 6th ride is half price!!!!

this company is GREAT, 2 people show up in 1 car (usually middle aged to older people), 1 person gets out and jumps into your car and drives you and your car home while following behind in the other car. once at your house, give them the couple bucks it costs and they leave in their car.

you and your car get home safe well worth it!!!! cause admit it..we've all had nights where your out with friends and you start to have a beer or 2...then before you know it your already a 6pack in...
stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-13-2011, 06:13 PM   #6
MG1

Now if RS member drives an exotic, I will leave my car behind and drive the other car, then take a taxi back to get my car. LOL. So worth it.
Old 12-13-2011, 06:14 PM   #7
MG1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindBomber View Post
Operation Red Nose accepts donations, but it's not required, generally it's good charma to donate at least the equivalent cost of fuel for the trip.
Nice avatar, MindBomber. I approve (thanks given).

I wAnder what's holding the bows on............. clamps, ftw!!
Old 12-13-2011, 06:18 PM   #8
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

great idea, hope everyone stays safe over the holidays!
van_city23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 06:22 PM   #9
Better safe than Surrey

Good idea MG1.

I tried using operation Red nose last year, but no one could drive stick. Ended up cabbing home.
Old 12-13-2011, 06:23 PM   #10
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,576 Times in 4,294 Posts
How about we can go 4x4ing in my truck I can get smashed and the sober one can drive me home. Or a tow truck if I fuck shit up...
Posted via RS Mobile
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-13-2011, 06:26 PM   #11
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
How about we can go 4x4ing in my truck I can get smashed and the sober one can drive me home. Or a tow truck if I fuck shit up...
Posted via RS Mobile
I got a better idea, why don't you take your white van and...
Geoc is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-13-2011, 06:29 PM   #12
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewie View Post
safe ride

778-239-9411

call and get 5 rides and your 6th ride is half price!!!!

this company is GREAT, 2 people show up in 1 car (usually middle aged to older people), 1 person gets out and jumps into your car and drives you and your car home while following behind in the other car. once at your house, give them the couple bucks it costs and they leave in their car.

you and your car get home safe well worth it!!!! cause admit it..we've all had nights where your out with friends and you start to have a beer or 2...then before you know it your already a 6pack in...
Just searched them up and wow their fb page is tainted with a couple of angry customers...

https://www.facebook.com/group.php?g...9282510&v=wall

Just out of curiosity, anyone know how much they approx charge? let's say from downtown to south vancouver?
jerche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 06:29 PM   #13
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OTG-ZR2 View Post
Good idea MG1.

I tried using operation Red nose last year, but no one could drive stick. Ended up cabbing home.
If you drive a stick shift or generally feel uncomfortable with someone else driving your car, the other great option, aside from Operation RS Red Nose, would be BCAA if you have a membership. Once per year they will tow your car home within the maximum distance allowed by the membership for non-mechanical related reasons, like if you're hammered.

If you've already used up your one drunk tow per year, just pull a fuse and tell them your car won't start
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-13-2011, 06:53 PM   #14
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,644 Times in 2,300 Posts
yo MG1 im getting hammed and calling you for a ride on christmas

if i have bitches with me can we get freaky in your backseats
Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-13-2011, 07:10 PM   #15
I'm better than you.

Thanked 3,087 Times in 658 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vansterdam View Post
yo MG1 im getting hammed and calling you for a ride on christmas

if i have bitches with me can we get freaky in your backseats
lets have a soup kitchen in the backseats

'14 Toyota Yaris [Work Daily]
'89 Toyota Cressida MX83 [Collector's status]
'15 Honda Ruckus [Summer cruiser]
'96 Toyota Hilux Surf KZN185 [Weekend Warrior]

Buy & Sell Ratings!
b0unce. [?] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 07:11 PM   #16
Ricer Mod

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,501 Posts
In for backseat

Berz out.
Old 12-13-2011, 07:56 PM   #17
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,307 Times in 1,775 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
Not sure if this would fly (pun intended), but might be worth a try.

I don't drink anymore (Easy Does It) and I don't party like I used to, either. I am willing to be part of a Revscene team that would drive RS members home from a bar on days leading up to and including New Years. With even one or two drinks being enough to get you into hot water.......

I guess it would have to be a planned thing and not so much a spur of the moment thing - although, it may still be possible.

I can cover the East Van, North Burnaby, and Coquitlam regions. It's just an idea right now. Not sure how it would work logistically. Worth discussing? I'd hate to hear of a RS member getting into, or causing, an accident.

There are only a handful of RS members I would not get into the same car with (and vice versa), but most people on RS are cool. People can subscribe to this thread, so they can be notified of a person who needs to be driven home.

Supervisor MG1,

You know it would totally work if things aligned just right.

Like that night we all went and helped install suspensions on a toyota.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-13-2011, 07:58 PM   #18
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,644 Times in 2,300 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by b0unce. [?] View Post
lets have a soup kitchen in the backseats
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berzerker View Post
In for backseat

Berz out.

not with you guys

unless MG1 got plenty of space back there
Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 08:10 PM   #19
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerche View Post
Just searched them up and wow their fb page is tainted with a couple of angry customers...

https://www.facebook.com/group.php?g...9282510&v=wall
Mike Facken Jones Beech looks like the kind of guy who is dumb enough to not see a cigarette burn on his seat until he looks for something to blame somebody for.
BillyBishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 08:13 PM   #20
McLyin'

Thanked 1,677 Times in 169 Posts
MG1 Im Down to help you out 2 cars better then one car! pm me not trolling!
dr.funk is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-13-2011, 08:15 PM   #21
Returner of Lost Phones and Turtles

Thanked 3,997 Times in 963 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
Now if RS member drives an exotic, I will leave my car behind and drive the other car, then take a taxi back to get my car. LOL. So worth it.
Go PM Mattzhang
LP700-4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 08:21 PM   #22
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 3,340 Times in 841 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OTG-ZR2 View Post
Good idea MG1.

I used it last year as well. I told them I drove stick and when they showed up, the woman didn't really know how lol... had to kind of give her pointers
Jgresch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 08:33 PM   #23
mb_
WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB

Thanked 6,994 Times in 1,884 Posts
I'll be the dispatcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowguy View Post
fuck you hipster
Quote:
Originally Posted by trollguy View Post
then fuck you hipster akinari
Quote:
[23-05, 11:34] FastAnna suck a dick ygay
mb_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 08:36 PM   #24
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,218 Times in 1,611 Posts
i'm surprised no one has used this yet in this thread!

MG1 you should just make a meet out of this!
Spoiler!
spoon.ek9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 08:37 PM   #25
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,671 Times in 1,324 Posts
This is a good idea.

And officially, if any of you are caught drunk driving and post in the police forum bitching about having your license suspended after having this service available to you, I'll ban you.
She taught me right from wrong and always told me to stay positive and help others no matter how small the deed - that helping others gives us meaning to carry on. The sun is out today and it's a new day. Life is good. I just needed a slap in the face.
El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote