REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   LF Witness for accident on Dec17, 8:45am @ intersection of Royal Oak and Imperial (https://www.revscene.net/forums/659739-lf-witness-accident-dec17-8-45am-%40-intersection-royal-oak-imperial.html)

mqin 12-17-2011 05:23 PM

LF Witness for accident on Dec17, 8:45am @ intersection of Royal Oak and Imperial

case closed. delete thread please

mqin 12-17-2011 05:35 PM

Does anyone know how ICBC will deal with hit and run situations like this usually?

cho 12-17-2011 05:37 PM

got no info, but good to know you're in one piece

mqin 12-17-2011 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cho (Post 7729835)
got no info, but good to know you're in one piece

thanks man, yeah I'm still in one piece! :D

XplicitLuder 12-17-2011 06:10 PM

when i got MY hit n run, someoneo made a huge dent on my door, i basically had to pay for the deductible and they fix the rest. So unless they catch that bastard that's prob what might happen to you ? Good luck and glad to see you're okay!

edit : considering yours is prob a write off..i assume they'll still pay you for it after the deductible is taken off ? no clue tho =x

TypeRNammer 12-17-2011 06:37 PM

What kind of damage is expected on the Civic?
Posted via RS Mobile

FerrariEnzo 12-17-2011 06:49 PM

at least your not injuried.. this is why a dash cam is needed..

dlo 12-17-2011 06:54 PM

yeah a deducible will be taken from you, 300$ usually, if that is what ur insurance says, hopefully u find that bastard! good to hear ur ok

tool001 12-17-2011 07:02 PM

U gotta see damage on ur car! Any paint left by civic? Guessing that area has cam at major intersection. If he took major road then depends on how much work does icbc/police wanna do.
Posted via RS Mobile

XplicitLuder 12-17-2011 07:06 PM

what if the civic guy is in here :suspicious:

Grim 12-17-2011 07:12 PM

if you have no "teal" paint on your car, ICBC will most likely reject your case.

if you do, then you might b in luck.
if you are able to pick up any broken pieces off his car. save it and show icbc.

anything to prove you actually got hit by someone else will definitely help u

Nlkko 12-17-2011 07:46 PM

Any pedestrian? I have seen people going back to the scene and post notes on the poles/trees asking for potential witnesses to call them. People in cars probably wouldn't be able to read it but pedestrian would.

ShanghaiKid 12-17-2011 08:14 PM

shitty deal, good luck bro

mqin 12-17-2011 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TypeRNammer (Post 7729909)
What kind of damage is expected on the Civic?
Posted via RS Mobile

I'm pretty sure the damage on the civic will be in the front of the car, maybe around the driver's side headlamp.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nlkko (Post 7729984)
Any pedestrian? I have seen people going back to the scene and post notes on the poles/trees asking for potential witnesses to call them. People in cars probably wouldn't be able to read it but pedestrian would.

Yeah there was this one chinese lady, although she pretty much fled the scene as if she had part in the accident or something... LOL left immideatly after when I stepped out of my vehicle, it just didn't come to me to ask her to stay the instant I got out, and when I realized it, it was too late. My fault for not reacting quick enough I guess

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grim (Post 7729952)
if you have no "teal" paint on your car, ICBC will most likely reject your case.

if you do, then you might b in luck.
if you are able to pick up any broken pieces off his car. save it and show icbc.

anything to prove you actually got hit by someone else will definitely help u

Yeah hopefully there were some evidence left at the scene for the police to gather after removing my car off the curb. The weird part was that when the dispatched police officer arrived to the location of the accident, she informed me that she drove through the areas where he may have gone, given by my general direction of where I saw the civic driver go. However she couldn't find any fragments or debris from the other car at all...

Oh and I didn't really have a chance to go around and look for any broken pieces and whatnot, I stayed clear of my vehicle because smoke was still venting from the engine bay even when the engine was turned off and somehow my driver side airbag did not deploy however the passenger side did... so I didn't want to get surprised by the airbag

spoonek4 12-17-2011 10:50 PM

Last time I had similar thing happened to me, the first comment I thought was hold the steering wheel straight and let it happen...then the guy can't go anywhere. Not sure i supposed to laugh when the person said that. True but risky for myself, still better than the guy took off on me I guess.

mqin 12-17-2011 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spoonek4 (Post 7730184)
Last time I had similar thing happened to me, the first comment I thought was hold the steering wheel straight and let it happen...then the guy can't go anywhere. Not sure i supposed to laugh when the person said that. True but risky for myself, still better than the guy took off on me I guess.

yep i know exactly what you mean.

optiblue 12-18-2011 10:28 AM

Shoot! Hope it works out! That's why I'm investing in an accident recorder!
Posted via RS Mobile

hc529 12-18-2011 12:02 PM

Damn, my girlfriends fit finally fixed after 5months of not finding the other driver... But finally icbc sent us a letter saying our deductible is waived.
Or else it'll be ur deductible and icbc fix the rest!

Good luck to you man!
Posted via RS Mobile

mqin 12-18-2011 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hc529 (Post 7730554)
Damn, my girlfriends fit finally fixed after 5months of not finding the other driver... But finally icbc sent us a letter saying our deductible is waived.
Or else it'll be ur deductible and icbc fix the rest!

Good luck to you man!
Posted via RS Mobile

yeah.. but I honestly doubt my car would get fixed, most likely it'll be a write off.

new pics are here from the mundie's tow lot
ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting
ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

Minata 12-18-2011 07:26 PM

thank goodness you're okay. best of luck to you!

spoonek4 12-18-2011 07:34 PM

Good luck man!

fsy82 12-19-2011 12:31 PM

Keep us updated

El Bastardo 12-19-2011 07:48 PM

Tweeted on the Revscene Twitter account.

mqin 12-20-2011 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tachycardia! (Post 7732163)
Tweeted on the Revscene Twitter account.

Thanks! I appreciate the help

pb.kidz 12-20-2011 12:57 AM

a truck clipped my mirror off while merging onto nordel way towards alex fraser bridge, got the license plate, phoned the police and followed in pursuit and was advised to stop following... They didn't do shit. i have to pay $300 deductable for a new mirror. time to invest in a Dash cam