REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2011, 10:42 PM   #51
what manner of phaggotry is this
 
RRxtar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Kelownafornia
Posts: 18,158
Thanked 5,255 Times in 1,748 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomac View Post
Most modern ones, no. There are a few on the market right now that are very capable, though. However, if I were to get one to actually 4x4, it'd be an old Pathfinder or 80's Toyota pickup.
jeep cherokee XJ called, on the other line were the 93-04 jeep grand cherokees ZJ and WJs. they would like to have a word with you about stock SUVs and 4x4ing

my 96 grand cherokee did fucking Whipsaw with 1.5" spring spacers and a disconnected swaybar. both ways. without any trouble. the toyota pickup that came along had to be winched 3 times.
Advertisement
__________________
STRENGTHaesthetics
RRxtar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 12:23 PM   #52
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS
 
underscore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Kel-pwn-a
Posts: 13,107
Thanked 5,873 Times in 2,561 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GabAlmighty View Post
Huh? I understand your argument but 4runner's are SUV's... My regi doesn't say "truck" on it.

And as far as the H2 argument goes...

HUMMER H2 Walking The Escalator - YouTube
I know it doesn't, but a 4Runner or the like aren't the same as a modern SUV. Insurance may class them the same, but they are totally different machines.

And H2 frames are total shit, I would never trust one to do any kind of high-stress offroading.
__________________
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S // 1991 Toyota Celica GTFour RC FOR SALE // 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD

Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 04:15 PM   #53
what manner of phaggotry is this
 
RRxtar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Kelownafornia
Posts: 18,158
Thanked 5,255 Times in 1,748 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GabAlmighty View Post
Huh? I understand your argument but 4runner's are SUV's... My regi doesn't say "truck" on it.

And as far as the H2 argument goes...

HUMMER H2 Walking The Escalator - YouTube
that h2 got lucky. obstacles in moab like the escalator are about 90% about the line you take, and 10% the thing you're driving. theres so much traction in moab as long as you get your line right you're going to be ok. it also had the benefit of being wide enough to skirt the puddle in the middle of the first hole. generally if you keep your tires dry you make that climb.

and for every time someone posts that vid of the h2, theres ones like this to be posted.

__________________
STRENGTHaesthetics
RRxtar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 06:16 PM   #54
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday
 
GabAlmighty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Whitehorse, YT
Posts: 5,320
Thanked 3,778 Times in 1,240 Posts
I'm not even going to click on the video because i've seen it so many times hahahha.

I just like to play devils advocate.

And the Grand Cherokee's (yours when you did whipsaw), do they come with limited slips in em or are they open/open?
__________________
'16 Ram 1500
'85 Corolla
GabAlmighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 06:19 PM   #55
The Brown Reason
 
BrRsn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Whalley
Posts: 4,604
Thanked 5,862 Times in 1,524 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GabAlmighty View Post
I'm not even going to click on the video because i've seen it so many times hahahha.

I just like to play devils advocate.

And the Grand Cherokee's (yours when you did whipsaw), do they come with limited slips in em or are they open/open?
Depends on the AWD system you got. Theres many different types for jeep

I have a varilock in the front and rear axle, some WJ/ZJ's came with just a rear locker.

The new GC has Front and rear locking diffs aswell.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes
fuck this shit, i'm out
BrRsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 06:35 PM   #56
what manner of phaggotry is this
 
RRxtar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Kelownafornia
Posts: 18,158
Thanked 5,255 Times in 1,748 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GabAlmighty View Post
I'm not even going to click on the video because i've seen it so many times hahahha.

I just like to play devils advocate.

And the Grand Cherokee's (yours when you did whipsaw), do they come with limited slips in em or are they open/open?
most zjs were open open. mine is. some came with lsd rear. some came with the lsd awd center dif, i swapped in a normal transfercase.
__________________
STRENGTHaesthetics
RRxtar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 10:12 AM   #57
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???
 
Phat_R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 226
Thanked 191 Times in 41 Posts
The Hennessey Jeep is $235,000.00?? That's just dumb
Phat_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net