REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   Looking for a witness to hit and run at Abeerdeen (https://www.revscene.net/forums/660236-looking-witness-hit-run-abeerdeen.html)

hongy 12-27-2011 02:28 AM

Looking for a witness to hit and run at Abeerdeen

Hey this is a long shot but better then nothing at the moment.

I'm looking for a witness to a hit and run December 26th at abeerdeen centre parkade level 2 some time between 4:30-5:50.

Essentially the driver side bumber/girll area is hit along with the bottom lip. My car is a 2010 WHITE B8 S4, license plate number 093 XJX with a speed syndicate plate frame. Parking stall 238 by the ramp heading down towards cambie exit.

Pretty damn pissed, and with no witness any help would be appreciated.

[IMG]http://i1125.photobucket.com/albums/...6-18-40-11.jpg[/IMG]
http://i1125.photobucket.com/albums/...6-17-49-44.jpg
On a side note. Fuck you to the person who hit me.

edit: Please keep any racists/N driver/telling me my mommy will pay to fix this comments out please.
edit2: stick on topic.

Bahhbeehhaaaa 12-27-2011 02:37 AM

DO NOT SAY "FUCK YOU" to ICBC again, without ICBC u will probably be paying $1000.00 bucks out of your OWN pocket! ICBC is a monopoly regulated by BC government, SO price is VERY FAIR. If you insure a vehicle at Toronto the cost of insurance nearly doubles since the auto insurance is privately owned.

As to the driver that hit your car, yeah FUCK HIM/HER sorry to hear your ride gettin hit =/ good luck

TOPEC 12-27-2011 02:42 AM

have u tried talking to mall security to see if theres a camera pointed in the direction of ur car?

hongy 12-27-2011 02:45 AM

Contacted mall security. They took some photos, some information down, but I was told that only Aberdeen management would be able to go through video. I'm going to give them a call in the morning and see if they even have cameras pointed in my direction.

Side note: the concord security officer at the information desk smelt heavily of alcohol, and the ICBC claim's centre lady was just plain rude and told me I'm paying 500 because someone used a car to hit my car. Sure I understand that but explain that to me without being bitchy and annoyed please.

1exotic 12-27-2011 02:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hongy (Post 7739559)

edit: Please keep any racists/N driver/telling me my mommy will pay to fix this comments out please.

http://dudelol.com/DO-NOT-HOTLINK-IM...o-the-bush.gif

on a srs note that sucks...

hongy 12-27-2011 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1exotic (Post 7739567)

hahaha, that cheered me up slightly.

StylinRed 12-27-2011 04:48 AM

Quote:

:suspicious: ... so are you saying she won't pay? :D

that really sucks though hopefully the management will look @ the video for you

im surprised you noticed that though i would have simply assumed my car was dirty :/

falcon 12-27-2011 06:14 AM

The reason it's called "insurance" is because it's in case anything happens. Seriously I don't understand how people don't get this. They are not your friend, they are a corporation there to make money. They are taking the RISK by insuring you. Anytime RISK is involved you pay a premium.

Since you made a comment to keep "N" jokes out of here, I'll assume you still have your "N," in which case I don't blame you for not quite understanding how the world works just yet.

604nguyen 12-27-2011 07:02 AM

try this first....

http://img.alibaba.com/img/pb/623/09...a_web4_510.JPG

probabaly cost u less than $500 for a decent polisher and some good detailing products

but is a $500 deductable really that big of a problem..... you're driving an B8 S4
:suspicious:

Nanaki 12-27-2011 07:11 AM

it looks like it will buff right out..yes seriously.

Acura604 12-27-2011 08:07 AM

it doesnt look too bad.. and it sucks that it had to happen to you. on a side note, aberdeen is door ding/hit-n-run central.

604nguyen 12-27-2011 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nanaki (Post 7739627)
it looks like it will buff right out..yes seriously.

u'd be suprised....

68style 12-27-2011 10:16 AM

Sucks man but really that's just life... but that's so little damage, I think you can polish it out. A nice shop will even help you out for free.

It's only $500 because you chose to save money on your insurance and made your deductible higher... I can think of 2 bodyshops off the top of my head that would repaint your bumper for $300 no problem and do good quality work. If you want a contact PM me.

Truenosan 12-27-2011 10:41 AM

I'd make the claim first, and have a shop document it first. If you attempt to polish it, and then realize it wont work, you are shit outta luck.

Volvo-brickster 12-27-2011 11:34 AM

Quote:

Also a big FUCK YOU to ICBC. (that comment towards ICBC is for their attitude towards dealing with me)

Judging by this comment, im going to go out on a limb and say this is your first time dealing with them ?

It's a hit and run.

Deductible will have to be paid by you PERIOD unless they find the the person that hit you.

Until then, man up, pay it and be done with it.

hongy 12-27-2011 11:50 AM

It's not the first time I've dealt with ICBC. My family's cars have been involved with 4 hit and runs in the past 6 months... very very annoying.

Yes I understand it is a business and they're not suppose to be our friends but I was just pissed at how instead of trying to explain things better they just tried to get me to hurry up and hang up.

Yes it's weird I'm complaining about a $500 deductible but it's just a bummer to pay for something like this right after paying for tuition +text books..

At first I thought the car was dirty until I saw the tow hook cover sticking out...It was literally sticking out and I just fucking lost it.

GG 12-27-2011 12:22 PM

$500 bux to ur parents should be like pocket change

Quacks 12-27-2011 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hongy (Post 7739751)
It's not the first time I've dealt with ICBC. My family's cars have been involved with 4 hit and runs in the past 6 months... very very annoying.

Yes I understand it is a business and they're not suppose to be our friends but I was just pissed at how instead of trying to explain things better they just tried to get me to hurry up and hang up.

Yes it's weird I'm complaining about a $500 deductible but it's just a bummer to pay for something like this right after paying for tuition +text books..

At first I thought the car was dirty until I saw the tow hook cover sticking out...It was literally sticking out and I just fucking lost it.

That really sucks...Aberdeen's parking lot isn't horrible but the people parking there sure can be.

They were probably inundated with calls like yours since it was Boxing Day and parking lots are busy and everyone's rushing to get to and fro. They probably had a person before you and after you with similar claims and the person talking to you ran out of patience (I'm sure most people calling in are especially pissed to have to deal with this stuff during the holidays). Doubt it was personal or anything.

Good luck, but yeah document and get a quote before you try fiddling with it (most of it looks like paint transfer?). Someone hit my bf's IS350 and dislodged his front bumper. He somehow managed to snap it back into place and buff out most of the scuffs (if you get to near eye level you might be able to notice a few scratches, that's all).

Euro7r 12-27-2011 02:10 PM

Aberdeen center sucks. So many hit and runs, it's Richmond I guess.

On a side note, why are you so PISSED off, the only person pissed off should be your dad :troll:

Hopefully security footage can track down whomever hit you though.

Grim 12-27-2011 02:29 PM

wait wait.
S4, and 500 bux is a problem??
my mind is blown

if my parents would buy me an Audi S4, 500 out of my OWN pocket is nothing.
just sayin'

Im sure aberdeen has cameras tho, becz everytime i go up late at night witha friend or 2, security always comes and kicks us out.

PS; who pays for your gas? :troll:

falcon 12-27-2011 03:14 PM

Now that my shit computer can actually load the pics.... really, just bring it to a body shop and they will throw the polisher on it with a bit of touch up + wet sand and the damage will be completely gone.

There's some guy on the dubberz.com forum, glossworks or something that does stuff like this. No need to paint the whole bumper... it's cost you less than $100 I'm guessing and just leave it till spring incase something else happens over the winter. Worry about the money at a later date.

My advice, make a claim with ICBC (you don't pay right away) and your claim is open for IIRC 2 years? Or 1, not sure. Then if you have the money at a later date paint it, if not, polish + touch up. As long as you don't actually use insurance to fix it a claim doesn't matter against your premiums.

underscore 12-27-2011 03:37 PM

Yeah that's not too bad looking, a good polish and maybe a touchup pen down that line and it will be nearly invisible, then wait until a worse hit and run to the front end to pay the full deductible and get it fixed.

BTW, do those small hit and run deductibles go on the cars record as well if you go through ICBC?

hongy 12-27-2011 04:43 PM

Gas, maintenance, anything is out of my own pocket, not my parents. It's $500 that could go towards something better then paying for someone else's mistake.

Called Aberdeen management and left 4 voice mails...look like I'm sol with any footage.

NLY 12-27-2011 04:56 PM

It doesn't look that bad bro, nothing some polish and Porter cable can't fix!

There are cameras in aberdeen but it's impossible for you to actually check the footage.

My previous R6 was hit and left laying on it's side in the P2 parking lot as well. I went to security and they told me they would review footage and call me if they find anything. Two weeks of phone tag they call me and tell me there is no footage. I paid the comprehensive for ICBC and took a lost replacing side mirrors and fairings. It's a bummer but it could of been a lot worst than that.

And regardless of what car you drive, $500 is still a lot of money! Especially if its going towards someone else disrespecting your property.

optiblue 12-27-2011 05:30 PM

Sucks to hear. Doesn't look too bad though! After cut and polishing, it could look 90% back to the original :) it's most likely a light touch, and drove off. Way better than a side scrape and drag where it needs paint.
Posted via RS Mobile