REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 12-31-2011, 08:36 PM   #26
& Associates Inc.

Thanked 1,215 Times in 409 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sindragon View Post
Thx bro! Yes, the witness is not involved in the accident, she was behind the car I hit and told me they ran a red this morning. Hope for the best! And thank god my premium goes up rather than the owner of the car. Will update with more info but how long does a claim usually take? I am also feeling neck pains todaym.. DamnPosted via RS Mobile
I'm guessing you already reported your claim, if not then do it..also tell them you have a witness and give them the contact info...do not mention that you spoke to the witness and she said the other party ran a red, unless they ask(they shouldn't ask)...the adjuster will call the witness themselves to get their side of the story.

Go to the doctor asap with claim number, tell them of the accident and get yourself checked out, even if it your fault your physio should be covered, at least partially....keep going to the doctor every couple of weeks as well to keep it documented, don't just be like my neck hurts, it'll get better. Injuries can and do develop over time.

Someones going to have to pay that penalty (10 year driver) and depending on the fault your insurance may or may not increase.
Advertisement
This post thanked by:
Old 12-31-2011, 08:45 PM   #27
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 1,669 Times in 147 Posts
well i guess i do need to switch doctors anyways, guess i can check up. I am paying for the penalty and any other things that will be brought up. I guess i am quitting college for a semester or two to pay this all up... this really sucks
sindragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 07:18 AM   #28
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 2,485 Times in 1,007 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sindragon View Post
my bro said that there is a new law that you must be behind the line when turning a left, you can no go past the line anymore.
Im pretty sure this law is non existant.. if it did, then no on would beable to make the left turn without the arrow... unless there was no oncoming traffic because by the time you roll out to make that turn, chances are there would be oncoming traffic UNLESS you peel out of there... thus you would be breaking the law.. haha..

but who knows.. i got my license 15 years ago.. traffic and people were much chill back then...

IMO, it doesnt matter what light either person was on.. ANY one who turns (be it left or right) needs to be the first one to take caution before making the turn... If the guy runs a red and you hit him, your at fault, the other driver would be deemed liable for not obeying traffic laws, speeding, dangerous driving and so on... If you can judge whether the guy is going to run a red from where your sitting, need to get your eyes checked... it takes 2 secs to judge whether the car is going to make a run.. at least it is for me... I mean, if you see the front end dipping down, hes breaking.. if you see the back end going down, its gunning for it...

Last edited by FerrariEnzo; 01-01-2012 at 07:25 AM.
FerrariEnzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 02:35 PM   #29
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 4,578 Times in 934 Posts
it will affect the insurance of the next person who renews or applies for new insurance.
So if you dont have a vehicle registered under your name it will affect the owners premiums
vitaminG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:20 PM   #30
...on a mission....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlenko View Post

How old are you anyway? You sound like you're 12.
You should get along with this guy JUST fine then!
Simnut is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-15-2012, 07:49 PM   #31
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,283 Times in 196 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simnut View Post
You should get along with this guy JUST fine then!
AW607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:53 PM   #32
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
The rule for intersections and left turns isn't really that complicated.

A green light means you're allowed to enter the intersection as long as it's safe to do so. For a left turn, that means the car at the front can enter the intersection, as long as it's clear and they're able to COMPLETELY pass the line.

You're then not allowed to cut across oncoming traffic unless it's safe to do so. That means if there's oncoming traffic that's not stopping, you don't go, regardless of whether the light is yellow or red - you don't clear the intersection unless you can do so safely. If that means cross-traffic has to wait for you, so be it - if it's not safe for you to complete your turn, it's probably not safe for them either.

Now where a witness might help is, say, if the left two oncoming lanes stopped, you proceeded with your turn, and another car pulled around the middle car into the curb lane and blew through the red and hit you. That would probably shift the blame to be 75% to 100% the other guy's fault. Or if a witness could confirm that the oncoming cars were all slowing and stopping together, and then one of them gunned it through at the last second - that might bring it down to a 50/50 split.

The 10-year bit on the insurance will likely screw the car's owner more than it does you - they get a break on their insurance for stating that they won't allow anyone with under 10 years' experience drive the car, and unless you state that you took the car without the owner's permission, the owner will be held liable for allowing you to take the car when they shouldn't have. YOU don't know before hand that they have that restriction on their insurance... THEY do, and THEY should know better than to give you the keys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote