REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Police Brutality Backfires (https://www.revscene.net/forums/660655-police-brutality-backfires.html)

JF. 01-03-2012 04:56 PM

Police Brutality Backfires

Gridlock 01-03-2012 06:54 PM

Imagine that....a riot breaking out at a soccer game.

XplicitLuder 01-03-2012 07:50 PM

very common actually^ happens in most south american countries were soccer is a big deal

raven69 01-03-2012 08:44 PM

haha good, i hope the cops got hurt

Bahhbeehhaaaa 01-03-2012 08:53 PM

0:40 the cop gets a drop kick !! LOL 0:43 guy in white shirt bails out LOLLL

XplicitLuder 01-03-2012 09:15 PM

lol@thefails, coming from a third world country and seeing these things..ahh what the heck not like you guys would understand anyways :fuckthatshit:

ps : and by "it happens" i meant riots over a soccer game..not cops getting kicked in like that

nns 01-03-2012 09:35 PM

The rioters are just as bad as the cops.

Cops gang up on 1 guy, crowd gangs up on the cops. Not exactly an eye for an eye in either case.

I predict fails my way.

Redlines_Daily 01-03-2012 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XplicitLuder (Post 7748494)
lol@thefails, coming from a third world country and seeing these things..ahh what the heck not like you guys would understand anyways :fuckthatshit:

ps : and by "it happens" i meant riots over a soccer game..not cops getting kicked in like that

You got failed because everyone already knows this. Gridlock's comment was sarcasm. :Petting

Gridlock 01-03-2012 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redlines_Daily (Post 7748537)
You got failed because everyone already knows this. Gridlock's comment was sarcasm. :Petting

I knew I should have held up my sarcasm sign.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-0LFA32VuNl...arcasmSign.jpg

Ludepower 01-03-2012 10:00 PM

hockey fans have nothing on these crazy soccer fans.
officers did not deserve to get a beatdown though
The fan was resisting arrest.

Raid3n 01-03-2012 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ludepower (Post 7748565)
hockey fans have nothing on these crazy soccer fans.
officers did not deserve to get a beatdown though
The fan was resisting arrest.

with 4 cops on him, did they really need to keep hitting him? didn't think so.

thanks for coming out though.

Ludepower 01-03-2012 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raid3n (Post 7748600)

How do you subdue a person illegally running on a soccer field and resisting arrest? Lets see you and 3 friends stop a crazy fan on an adrenaline rush.

Were they a bit excessive? Yes but still within their grounds.

unit 01-03-2012 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nns (Post 7748527)
The rioters are just as bad as the cops.

Cops gang up on 1 guy, crowd gangs up on the cops. Not exactly an eye for an eye in either case.

I predict fails my way.

its not supposed to be an eye for an eye. if you do something unfair, you should be punished beyond what you did. if you are caught stealing a million dollars do you simply owe a million back and are let free?

misteranswer 01-04-2012 06:24 AM

Quote:

I suggest you ask 4 friends to try to hold you down while they can't hurt you but you can be as violent as you want against them. Then ask them how "easy" it is.

xilley 01-04-2012 06:41 AM

the guy at 0:37 is just too drunk to do shit LOL

Redlines_Daily 01-04-2012 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by misteranswer (Post 7748853)
I suggest you ask 4 friends to try to hold you down while they can't hurt you but you can be as violent as you want against them. Then ask them how "easy" it is.

Nobody said it was easy, but its their fucking job...and they are trained in physical restraint, so there is no need to strike. I work with special needs adults that have to be restrained all the time, it's difficult and sometimes we get a bruise or two, but it's part of the job. Can you imagine if we used the same philosophy? Should we beat the shit out of patients because it makes it easier to restrain them? Come on...

Also, it's not like the guy had a weapon and was being dangerous..he was just a drunk guy(maybe) running across the field.

GabAlmighty 01-04-2012 09:22 AM

Lol, honestly if TWO cops weren't able to hold him down it would still be sad. Not hard for one cop to hold buddy down while the other puts the cuffs on him... The guy there were trying to cuff looked a solid 150lbs and the cops looked like fairly well built guys.

And yes, 4 of my friends would be able to hold me down no matter how drunk/adrenaline rushed I was. You know how? Cuz they don't fail at life.

DSHDSH 01-04-2012 11:23 AM

Looks like the cop using the riot stick got away while his buddies got stomped

Psykopathik 01-04-2012 11:51 AM

Cops musta watched a YVR security how to video.

Everymans 01-04-2012 12:09 PM

Quote:

Actually, if the prick is resisting arrest then why aren't they allowed to use brutal force? That's like saying if a gunmen isn't putting down his gun they you shouldn't shoot him? If you have 4 cops on you, just give up, if you don't, then expect a beatdown. You can argue your case in court or after your handcuffs. I've watched enough episodes of COPS to understand what doesn't fly when dealing with cops. Trust me, I'm an expert.

geeknerd 01-04-2012 12:46 PM

^ the issue is the LEVEL of force
Let me remind you this is FOUR cops on ONE person. Isnt that a good amount of force to take out one guy? especially if he is already DOWN on the ground with 4 guys ON TOP of him, there is no need to baton strike the guys head.

WIth that logic, then is tasering the streaker ok too? might as well take a non lethal shot with a gun.

aka 4 cops already on top of the guy is enough "brutal force" IMO.
the cops already have the 'force' advantage by being a group of 4, reminding you again that the 4 of them already on top of him.

$_$ 01-04-2012 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Everymans (Post 7749113)
Actually, if the prick is resisting arrest then why aren't they allowed to use brutal force? That's like saying if a gunmen isn't putting down his gun they you shouldn't shoot him? If you have 4 cops on you, just give up, if you don't, then expect a beatdown. You can argue your case in court or after your handcuffs. I've watched enough episodes of COPS to understand what doesn't fly when dealing with cops. Trust me, I'm an expert.

LOL @ trust me I'm an expert cause i watch cops :badpokerface::facepalm:

EDIT: read some of your other posts regarding DTES and gonna assume you have experience or seen the law first hand, so NVM :).

Redlines_Daily 01-04-2012 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Everymans (Post 7749113)

No, its not the same at all. A gunman poses a threat to hurt people around him.

Most people don't think clearly when they are being beaten and adrenaline is pumping. Most people have a natural instinct to resist against someone who is hurting them. Police are trained professionals, there is no excuse to use force beyond what is required by the situation. I'm quite sure the 4 large men could have gotten the runners arms behind his back and cuffed without hitting him, if they only took another 30 seconds.

There are some circumstances where force may be called for if the suspect is a risk to the officers, but in most cases its just a pathetic display of dominance. We don't need cops like this..these guys that use any chance they get to beat on someone, they are cowards and have no business being cops.

armin.vanb 01-04-2012 03:19 PM

Why is there such a large argument with the "force" that the cops used.

The perpetrator commited a crime
The consequences were administrated.
Posted via RS Mobile

geeknerd 01-04-2012 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by armin.vanb (Post 7749305)
Why is there such a large argument with the "force" that the cops used.

The perpetrator commited a crime
The consequences were administrated.
Posted via RS Mobile

By perpetrator if you mean the cops and the crime meaning excessive force and the consequences meaning the retaliation of citizens than yes, there shouldnt be an argument.