REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Fashion & Shopping

Fashion & Shopping Blackmarkers. A Filtered Selection of Clothing, Footwear and Accessories.
Gotta stay fresh! Latest fashion trends, new clothing lines, mega sales events, and awesome deals..

Old 01-03-2012, 05:40 PM   #1
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Columbia Omni Heat

Does anyone know anything about this? I'm in the market for a winter jacket right now (looking to spend around $200-$300). I came across the Omni Heat jacket that was filled with down/feather. It was very light and the tags said it'll keep me warm at temperatures below 0.

I've never heard of this technology or know much about it but did look at some reviews on YouTube. Just wondering if anyone has any insight or tips that might be useful about this type of jackets.
Advertisement
Mizter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 11:52 AM   #2
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

imo, i wouldn't go with the omni heat columbia jackets. there's better jackets out there, not saying that columbia doesn't make awesome jackets, it's just the omni heat technology im skeptic of. go to sportchek/atmosphere @ metrotown or any atmosphere location and ask them about jackets that are comparable or better. if you don't mind spending maybe an extra 40-70$ i'd go with a helly hansen jacket.
mruppal is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-08-2012, 02:41 AM   #3
ddr
Snapping away

the silver dots supposedly fall off
Old 01-16-2012, 06:31 PM   #4
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

I love my omni heat jacket. it's super light and it keeps me warmer than my other heavy columbia jacket which has a liner.

RS Feedback Rating
CrisQo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 12:29 AM   #5
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Omni heat isn't really new technology. Remember those emergency or space blankets that are made of a thin shiny material. same idea, re-marketed