REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   "Do Vancouver men suck" Article from Vanmag.com (https://www.revscene.net/forums/660835-do-vancouver-men-suck-article-vanmag-com.html)

MR_BIGGS 01-06-2012 11:40 AM

"Do Vancouver men suck" Article from Vanmag.com

Do Vancouver Men Suck? | Vancouver Magazine

Excerpt:

Quote:

Natalie, Elise, and Tracey are drinking pinot grigio in the Commune Café at Nelson and Seymour. Tracey, who's in marketing, wears an electric-blue dress and flicks her bright blond hair over her shoulder. Elise, a tall brunette with a ready laugh who does business development for a firm downtown, is in a classic navy sheath. Natalie is home for a visit from grad school in Ontario; she's a curvy blond in a flowered dress. (All names are pseudonyms.) In their mid 20s and friends since they went to high school in North Van, they're attractive, smartly put together, and fit. They hike the Chief, do the Grouse Grind, ski, bike the seawall, and kayak. This evening, they're participating in another favourite local pastime—dissing Vancouver men.

Together they sketch a composite picture of a passive guy with no plan, uninterested and uninteresting. The males they remember from high school typically still live at home, without much motivation to date, much less to rise in the world. Even those who've left their parents' house, they complain, are laid-back to a fault, too lazy or inept to make small talk in a bar, ask a woman out, make reservations, or dress appropriately. Natalie sums it up: "Guys have lost the idea of what girls want on a date."

Tracey is tired of spending the evening in a chic Whistler bar with guys dressed "for video games in the basement: baseball caps and baggy T-shirts." Natalie adds, "They dress down, so they act down." And what used to be called common courtesy now looks freakishly uncommon. Recently, when a man went to help Tracey with her suitcase, it was so unusual that she thought at first he was stealing it. She says she gets on the bus in six-inch heels, laden with packages, and no man offers her his seat. Elise claims hardly any man her age has ever held a door for her. "Chivalry died years ago," Tracey says, "and it's buried six feet under."

Let's stop right there. Before we continue, two important grains of salt have to be added to this unappetizing stodge. First, it is a truth universally acknowledged that a single woman, whether she lives in Paris, Hong Kong, or San Francisco, is convinced that the single men in her town are uniquely deficient in the qualities she seeks in a mate. It's highly likely that as the Vancouver women are lamenting the sorry state of the local males, their Finnish counterparts are doing the same thing with equal energy over breakfast in a Helsinki café.

Second, single people in 2011, particularly millennials, are caught in a difficult moment that's not limited to Vancouver. The titles of recent books and articles say it all: Manning Up: How the Rise of Women Has Turned Men Into Boys, by Kay Hymowitz; Men to Boys: The Making of Modern Immaturity, by Gary Cross; "The End of Men," by Hanna Rosin in the Atlantic. Simply put, the post-industrial economy, which rewards higher education, communication skills, and the ability to sit down and concentrate, favours women. They now outperform men in post-secondary education (for every two BAs earned by men, three are earned by women), representation in middle management, and, increasingly, income. Faced with society's declining interest in physical strength, stamina, and whatever else they might bring to the table, young men are retreating into what Hymowitz calls "pre-adulthood."

Thoughts?

ecchiecchi 01-06-2012 11:44 AM

They're more than welcome to become lesbians and go fuck themselves. =D

I love how the article is so one-sided and feminist driven it's disgusting.

trip 01-06-2012 11:50 AM

what the article doesnt say is how they all want men who drive a benz and shower them with LV purses

and or they were powered by mom/dad or a rich bf at the time and thats how they can afford to have all those things and not fucking work while they go to school

and 90% being cliquey stuck up bitches

:)

Gridlock 01-06-2012 11:50 AM

Thoughts?

Fuck'em.

If they are successful, hot and well dressed and no man has snatched them up(pun intended) then something is wrong with them.

They are probably the types that expect a man to kiss their feet for the chance to be in their presence. I dated one once and she was like an ice pick to my genitals. Had to ___ and chuck a few(see ladies, I can be classy) to get back on top.

How many times do guys on this forum talk about that lululemon looking bitch in Vancouver that is completely unapproachable and is a glorified tire biter? These are those women.

butter_sashimi 01-06-2012 11:51 AM

This is like an episode from Sex and the City
Posted via RS Mobile

ecchiecchi 01-06-2012 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by butter_sashimi (Post 7751673)
This is like an episode from Sex and the City
Posted via RS Mobile

And we all know how hideous those Sex and the City women are...

spyker 01-06-2012 12:02 PM

Three bitches from North Van can't find a good man? These stuck up cunts need to lower the "mightier than thow " attitude,then maybe,just maybe guys will want something to do with them.

Alot of the women in Vancouver need to realize,alot of the guys here are just sick of their shit and they are not afraid to show it.

butter_sashimi 01-06-2012 12:02 PM

^ Charlotte wasnt that bad looking.
Posted via RS Mobile

StylinRed 01-06-2012 12:06 PM

Sounds like a bunch of stuck up a) gold digging bitches b) ugly cunts who cant get a man

spyker 01-06-2012 12:08 PM

This article is so one sided towards the females,I would like to read a article about "Do Vancouver women suck".

BrRsn 01-06-2012 12:09 PM

Thought this was going to be an article on cunningulus and the statistics on men performing it. Guess not. Oh well, my interest piqued for a little while at least, or until I realized this was an article written by a bunch of whiney women. Bitch about equality then bitch about the death of chivalry .. if I offered to carry another man's suitcase he'd smack me down ... I have on occasion helped an older gentlemen out with some heavy boxes, but that's different. If you're able bodied you don't deserve any special treatment.

7seven 01-06-2012 12:10 PM

If these females are out at a bar and not getting approached, I seriously question their attractiveness and/or attitude. I'm out and about downtown Vancouver at lounges/bars/clubs quite often and from experience and what I see, we men are always approaching and hitting on females. This article should've included pictures of the females complaining, that would've shead more light on the situation, right now it just comes across as a bunch of ugly bitches complaining.

One point I will agree with them on though, most guys in Vancouver can't seem to dress properly, it might be my taste, but Air Jordans/Sneakers/Skater Shoes and a ball cap is not good fashion sense for a night out, I see this way too often. It makes you look like a 10 year old kid and a slob.

Phil@rise 01-06-2012 12:24 PM

I open the door pull out the chairs be polite and assertive, act a man and act chivalrous, in exchange I expect a woman to act like a woman. Say thankyou when I do so or at least smile. In the sack I treat her as a woman gentle when needed rough when wanted she gets off first often more then once. As such I expect a damn blowjob now and then. I dress the part when we go out nice for a nice place and casual for a not so nice place and she had do the same without bein told dress frumpy and lackluster and I'll treat you that way.
I do the blue chore she does the pink chores. Equality isn't in the chores you do or the role you play its how you do them. She dont want to mow the lawn I dont want to do dishes.

ToneCapone 01-06-2012 12:48 PM

half and half, a few good points but mostly BS expectations. I don't think these women have a very good temperament. - And I think this article is designed to troll our emotions.

Regardless... I've come to the conclusion that just like the joke,
women are like parking spots.... all the good ones are taken and the rest are handicapped.

JD¹³ 01-06-2012 12:52 PM

I moved to Vancouver a year and a half ago and have not met a single girl that was worth seeing more than two or three times. The sense of entitlement and completely unrealistic standards that women have here is staggering. The biggest thing that shocks me about the ego's they carry around is that most of them have nothing more to offer than their looks. I've been out with some beautiful women who had absolutely NOTHING to talk about. They're manicured from head to toe but can't hold a conversation about anything outside pop culture, work, or their ex-boyfriends. That or they're focusing on what men are wearing instead of things that actually matter in a real relationship. To me these women have zero intrinsic value and I don't care if they're a Playmate of the Year.

It's no surprise men don't bother to put in effort anymore, why should they? If they're content dressing casually and not interested in small talk at the bar, that's the woman's loss. Maybe THEY should step up to the plate and put in some effort instead of relying on men to do all the work. Chivalry isn't dead either women just don't appreciate it, to them it's a bare minimum. I'm the guy that holds doors for them, helps them into my truck cause it's tall, and gives them my jacket when it's cold. I rarely ever get a thank you.

In summary, the author of this article and the women featured in it can go fuck themselves.

Gridlock 01-06-2012 12:55 PM

Ahh Sex and the City...where 3 slutty women hang out with their mom.

NLY 01-06-2012 01:00 PM

whole article :fulloffuck:

Quote:

This evening, they're participating in another favourite local pastime—dissing Vancouver men.
sounds like a group of bitter hags.

our solution?

http://i.imgur.com/Yli1S.jpg

hypediss 01-06-2012 01:02 PM

http://d37nnnqwv9amwr.cloudfront.net...mad-madad1.jpg

well... they can go FUCK THEMSELVES then

taylor192 01-06-2012 01:03 PM

This stood out:
Quote:

She says she gets on the bus in six-inch heels, laden with packages
I wouldn't ask her out, let alone give up my seat on the bus to her. If she can afford the heels and packages, she can call a cab.

taylor192 01-06-2012 01:08 PM

Women wanted to be treated and paid equally, then complain when they are.

I'd love to ask them when was the last time they asked out a nice guy and paid for the first date.

Feminism killed chivalry, yet that doesn't mean it killed common courtesy. I still hold doors open for anyone, yet if you're in 6 inch heels carrying a ton of packages and don't say "thank you" you better hope the door doesn't hit you.

melloman 01-06-2012 01:10 PM

Agree with everything that is said so far about the feminism of this article.

Yet I do agree with the ending of 7even's post. Boys/Guys/Men whatever you'd like to call the young adult men are dressing down. If I'm going out to dinner to a nice restaurant it's; clean jeans, polo/dress shirt, dress shoes.. at the bar I do the same. Even though I'm with my gf or friends it's the way I dress myself, instead of sneakers and an ed-hardy t-shirt.. :troll:

smoothie. 01-06-2012 01:15 PM

rage mode so hard.

Tapioca 01-06-2012 01:20 PM

I snickered while reading this article in the bathroom stall this morning. The opener about "dissing Vancouver men" was hillarious and so was when the article brought up that fraud Ronald Lee.

I spend a lot of my time downtown and I don't know where these women meet their men. Most guys who live and work here are well-dressed, fit, and put together. Speaking for myself, I am usually one of the best-dressed guys at the bar (I always wear well-cut blazers after all) and if that's what women want, well I barely get a glance. Women in this city bitch and complain about men-children in this city, yet when a clearly put-together, articulate guy is next to them in the flesh, they stare at their phones and don't even give as much as a brief glance or flash of their pearly whites.
Posted via RS Mobile

hk20000 01-06-2012 01:26 PM

that's the same as the News special in Hong Kong a while back about how Hongirls and Honguys expect completely different things from one another and the marriage rate is way low.... or something along those lines.

I just made 2 words up didn't I?

Mr.HappySilp 01-06-2012 01:32 PM

Unless I am going to some place that requires me to dress nice I always go out casual..... why dress up when there is no need? I am there to have fun with friends not to meet anyone so why should I care how I really dress?

Here in van most women expect too much, have too high expecations but have little to nothing to offer. That's why guys don't care anymore..........