REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   Please post ur pic if ur Hellaflush (https://www.revscene.net/forums/660935-please-post-ur-pic-if-ur-hellaflush.html)

s300ae 01-08-2012 09:19 PM

Soundy, if youre soooooo knowledgable about trends, what is next trend??

You just knew it wouldn't last... Holy shit, start charging to predict people's futures man!
Posted via RS Mobile

westopher 01-08-2012 10:18 PM

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l3...06/photo-6.jpg
Here ya go. If I didn't love these wheels though, I'd go for a mellower offset. It rubs lots.

G-spec 01-09-2012 02:12 AM

lol, so apparently hellaflush is dead now because Soundy told everyone so at a previous meet and now it's dead ? :smug:

...... ok back to reality, let's start with facts....
- it's getting bigger every single year
- there are dedicated shows for hellaflush now especially in the States, ALL over the states
- most regular shows now you got hellaflush guys matching if not outnumbering regular show cars

you guys saying it's a fad are either very uninformed or obviously have a strong bias....I have no problem with the bias everyone has opinions, but please don't talk out your ass....
There's a lot of morons bandwagoning the scene as of late so I understand the hate towards the scene, but look at the facts and you're forced to consider this more than a trend... it IS a scene that's here to stay... and contrary to YOUR belief it didn't come out of nowhere the other year, the only reason you're sittin there hating on it is because of a massive influx of people switching over to it recently, but it's been around much longer than that.

The fad comments are ridiculous, especially when you consider a fad in the automotive community has a lifespan of a few years. Proof is in the puddin, take a look for example the chrome spinner fad, or the Fast & Furious rice kit/spoiler fad..... now THOSE are fads...
but something that's been around since the 80's and even earlier and is getting stronger and bigger year after year....
are you fucking kidding me ? this... a fad ?
kiss that Porsches fad widebody ass

http://ll.speedhunters.com/u/f/eagam...t/markrwb6.jpg

and for good measure

SpuGen 01-09-2012 03:11 AM

No hipster, but S-Chassis guys have been doing this before it was cool.

You want a fad?
Vinyl wraps and Spinners. They were cool for about 10 minutes.

westopher 01-09-2012 09:08 AM

g-spec I saw your car the other day just off broadway. That thing sits fucking boss.

jpark 01-09-2012 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G-spec (Post 7754896)
lol, so apparently hellaflush is dead now because Soundy told everyone so at a previous meet and now it's dead ? :smug:

...... ok back to reality, let's start with facts....
- it's getting bigger every single year
- there are dedicated shows for hellaflush now especially in the States, ALL over the states
- most regular shows now you got hellaflush guys matching if not outnumbering regular show cars

you guys saying it's a fad are either very uninformed or obviously have a strong bias....I have no problem with the bias everyone has opinions, but please don't talk out your ass....
There's a lot of morons bandwagoning the scene as of late so I understand the hate towards the scene, but look at the facts and you're forced to consider this more than a trend... it IS a scene that's here to stay... and contrary to YOUR belief it didn't come out of nowhere the other year, the only reason you're sittin there hating on it is because of a massive influx of people switching over to it recently, but it's been around much longer than that.

The fad comments are ridiculous, especially when you consider a fad in the automotive community has a lifespan of a few years. Proof is in the puddin, take a look for example the chrome spinner fad, or the Fast & Furious rice kit/spoiler fad..... now THOSE are fads...
but something that's been around since the 80's and even earlier and is getting stronger and bigger year after year....
are you fucking kidding me ? this... a fad ?
kiss that Porsches fad widebody ass

http://ll.speedhunters.com/u/f/eagam...t/markrwb6.jpg

and for good measure

HellaFlush Japan on Vimeo

I agree, i dont mind hellaflush as long as its properly done with proper wheels/tire sizing and proper fender work.

However the scene is getting polluted by young kids today just slapping on their mexi 18x10 wheels with -5 offset on 215 tires without any major fender work and calling it 'hellaflush', which is dangerously stupid and also looks stupid.

your car is a good example of a well done hellaflush, wide wheels, beautiful fender work, and most importantly you utilize 255 and 285 tires..

example of a bad hellaflush... mexi-poke, 215 tires on 10inch wheels, no fender work. i see fitments similar to this quite a bit in my local area with skaterboy looking kids driving and all i do is facepalm
http://i1186.photobucket.com/albums/...881/IMG264.jpg

example of a good hellaflush (although its a little too low for my taste), 285 tires, flared and pulled fenders
http://i1186.photobucket.com/albums/...eda5afa1_b.jpg

although my personal preference wouldnt go towards the hellaflush route on a functional sports car, i can still appreciate the good work put into it.. however when it comes to luxury level cars or non-sports cars (lexus gs, ls430, accord etc etc.) i am all for hellaflush

Jgresch 01-09-2012 09:44 AM

That first pic is your car right? :troll:
Posted via RS Mobile

s300ae 01-09-2012 10:22 AM

Putting an accord with the same luxury category as Lexus GS, LS is a disgrace to luxury brands
Posted via RS Mobile

Nlkko 01-09-2012 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpuGen (Post 7754906)
No hipster, but S-Chassis guys have been doing this before it was cool.

It's a rip off from what the Germans have been doing for years due to their tires/wheels regulations. The Japaneses ripped it off in their VIP styling.

And then theres the American VWs **** and their retarded roof racks, rust and sticker bombing.

I like functional flush, thats about it. Like this:

http://www.ind-distribution.com/images/R-8

Meaty flush :megusta:

jpark 01-09-2012 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by s300ae (Post 7755108)
Putting an accord with the same luxury category as Lexus GS, LS is a disgrace to luxury brands
Posted via RS Mobile

read what i said......... i said luxury level OR non sports car category...

SpuGen 01-09-2012 11:53 AM

^
Aww. WAy to shoot down hk20000:lawl:

s300ae 01-09-2012 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpark (Post 7755143)
read what i said......... i said luxury level OR non sports car category...

Lol you don't find accords sporty :troll:
Posted via RS Mobile

jpark 01-09-2012 01:30 PM

no but i find sonatas sporty :troll: :troll:

G-spec 01-09-2012 01:34 PM

thanks West and that's my winter mode driving height too, I go an inch lower to tuck half tire in summer.

SpuGen is right, the Silvia drifter guys started doing this quite a while ago too, they stretched tires for drift weekends so they would have less sidewall tire flex which made for smoother drifts... so there's a kicker to the guys saying it's completely unfunctional, there is at least one major function it can serve at times, lol

Even everyone in the scene is divided, me for example I don't even like seeing true sports cars like the S2K done anything further than flush and proper tire sizes... but a lot of the S2K guys are doing it wrong like in the pic jPark posted with mexi poke and whatnot, just idiot kids who have no idea wtf they're doing and are fresh outta high school eager to belong....

I have a heavy luxury sports coupe so I'd rather blow 10-15 grand on wheel/tire/suspension combo than spending that to turbo it and still lose to a stock STI on the strip, fck that...

Sky_High 01-09-2012 02:48 PM

:sweetjesus::megusta: x4

s300ae 01-09-2012 03:16 PM

real car enthusiast would not use those car wash brushes, theyd wash it by hand.

great vid nonetheless,

MindBomber 01-09-2012 03:27 PM

Oh really, because I go to coin operated car washes and use the brushes routinely.

Guess I'm not a car enthusiast, but if I'm not, how do I explain all those parts aftermarket suspension parts are on my car..

:suspicious:

akyr 01-09-2012 03:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Z3guy 01-09-2012 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by s300ae (Post 7755364)
real car enthusiast would not use those car wash brushes, theyd wash it by hand.

great vid nonetheless,

logically I would disagree. emotionally I agree.

Z3guy 01-09-2012 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by akyr (Post 7755384)

I could look at LMs all day

s300ae 01-09-2012 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MindBomber (Post 7755377)
Oh really, because I go to coin operated car washes and use the brushes routinely.

Guess I'm not a car enthusiast, but if I'm not, how do I explain all those parts aftermarket suspension parts are on my car..

:suspicious:

you can have your car decked out in as many aftermarket parts as you like, but if you cant wash it properly whats the use.

people use those brushes to wash their dirty daily beaters including wheels and tires. then you use the same brush and apply it your freshly waxed car. unless you dont really care about your paint condition, only your suspension... :suspicious:

MindBomber 01-09-2012 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by s300ae (Post 7755486)
you can have your car decked out in as many aftermarket parts as you like, but if you cant wash it properly whats the use.

people use those brushes to wash their dirty daily beaters including wheels and tires. then you use the same brush and apply it your freshly waxed car. unless you dont really care about your paint condition, only your suspension... :suspicious:

I clean the brush with the pressure washer gun before using it. For those of us who live in apartments without access to a space to bucket wash, there isn't an alternative that I know of.

It doesn't matter what car you own or even if you have one at all, whether you modify your car or not, if you bucket wash or go coin operated; those are all just irrelevant details, it's a genuine love of cars at that makes you a real enthusiast, nothing else.

s300ae 01-09-2012 05:00 PM

I don't even share wash mittens with my friends because I have no idea where theirs had been.
Are you to tell me that not a single time has the plastic part of the brush touched your car? I've washed my car plenty of times at the coin wash since I too live in an apartment... And I bring my bucket to wash world. By hand it's more time consuming but it's worth it. After spending money on getting the wheels polished and car detailed by ken, you learn to appreciate the work and time that goes into a nice finish. No matter how well you think you cleaned the brush, you'll still leave deposits and make swirls.
Now I have a beater with old paint so I don't give a shit.
Posted via RS Mobile

CanadianJoker 01-09-2012 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by s300ae (Post 7755528)
Now I have a beater with old paint so I don't give a shit.
Posted via RS Mobile

Old paint maybe, beater.... come on meow.

http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6212/6...d7ec9137_z.jpg
best I got, not "hellaflush" but tucking rim none the less. to bad the car is now sitting on 15" stockers in a garage with a busted up trunk :(
oh well time to build a new car.

s300ae 01-09-2012 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanadianJoker (Post 7755581)
Old paint maybe, beater.... come on meow.

http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6212/6...d7ec9137_z.jpg
best I got, not "hellaflush" but tucking rim none the less. to bad the car is now sitting on 15" stockers in a garage with a busted up trunk :(
oh well time to build a new car.

Lol it's still in beater mode. Stock wheels, no front valance.
Posted via RS Mobile