REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 01-08-2012, 01:14 PM   #1
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

WTF: Parking ticket at Aberdeen!?

Got a ticket there the other day for $70 ($60 if paid within a week)... Got the ticket 11 minutes after 3 hours I got back to the car..

I park there all the time, and I know they already have a 3 hour limit. With the kid, eating and walking around... 3 hours is barely enough.

I don't care about the money, but I feel that I should do something about it.

What would you do?
Advertisement
abdulclamwacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 01:16 PM   #2
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,502 Times in 1,160 Posts
Which company issued the ticket??
Posted via RS Mobile
TypeRNammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 01:26 PM   #3
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abdulclamwacker View Post
Got a ticket there the other day for $70 ($60 if paid within a week)... Got the ticket 11 minutes after 3 hours I got back to the car..

I park there all the time, and I know they already have a 3 hour limit. With the kid, eating and walking around... 3 hours is barely enough.

I don't care about the money,

What would you do?
why don't u just try to finish before the 3 hours.. thats a pretty long time next time -> ?
eurochevy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-08-2012, 01:27 PM   #4
Banned By Establishment

Quote:

What would you do?
Pay the ticket and abide by the parking rules next time. You got caught simple as that!!
Cartier Wearer. is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-08-2012, 01:39 PM   #5
I STILL don't get it

If I'm not mistaken I think the parking company is Impark.

I once got a ticket for parking there for an hour to pick up stuff from ncix and lunch
The ticket said I was there from 11:00-3:15.. I thought they mixed up car so I call in to dispute it..
The guy didnt trust me and would let me go if I just paid $20.. ??!
I assume the parking attendant are in commission.. put out random tickets?

So other than that, maybe you can call in and see if you can get a lower charge cause you did park over the limit. ;c

If you want more time, 4th floor is 4 hour limit, but would properly take you 5~10mins to get up to 4th floor from waiting for all the c lai to park on a busy day..
bobola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 01:45 PM   #6
The RS Freebie guru

Thanked 2,491 Times in 860 Posts
You can just ignore the ticket. I think it's Impark that handles Aberdeen, right?

You will probably get a couple notices in your mail, MAYBE even one from some collections office, but just ignore that too. That will be the end of it. If you want to be safe in Impark lots thereafter, you can just change your license plate for $15.

This is from personal experience with a ticket at Aberdeen.
InvisibleSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 01:49 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by eurochevy View Post
why don't u just try to finish before the 3 hours.. thats a pretty long time next time -> ?
You clearly don't have kids...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartier Wearer. View Post
Pay the ticket and abide by the parking rules next time. You got caught simple as that!!
That is completely true. I'll just watch out next time. I understand they must have rules and limitations to avoid people parking there and using the Skytrain (which is why they probably enforce it....)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobola View Post
If I'm not mistaken I think the parking company is Impark.

I once got a ticket for parking there for an hour to pick up stuff from ncix and lunch
The ticket said I was there from 11:00-3:15.. I thought they mixed up car so I call in to dispute it..
The guy didnt trust me and would let me go if I just paid $20.. ??!
I assume the parking attendant are in commission.. put out random tickets?

So other than that, maybe you can call in and see if you can get a lower charge cause you did park over the limit. ;c

If you want more time, 4th floor is 4 hour limit, but would properly take you 5~10mins to get up to 4th floor from waiting for all the c lai to park on a busy day..
I wasn't aware that upstairs was 4 hours... thanks for the tip.. Either way I just sent in an email to Aberdeen about it. If they read it, great, if not, no harm done.

For a mall that's got crap stores (I must admit they are filling it up better, but about quality, I'm not sure - I don't shop there), and only food places to drive people there, I think their time limit should be a little longer.
Old 01-08-2012, 01:49 PM   #8
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,100 Times in 259 Posts
Yea i was gonna say just change your plate, theyre $18.
Previous
1977 Firebird 5.7
1987 Iroc-Z 2.5
1998 Firebird 3.8
1992 BMW 325i 2.5
1994 Dodge Ram 5.2
1996 Dodge Ram 5.9
1996 Cavalier Z22 2.2
1997 Mustang Cobra 4.6
firebird79_00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 01:49 PM   #9
I AM

Thanked 1,329 Times in 294 Posts
i remember seeing them taking pictures of the car after issuing the ticket
Groot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 01:54 PM   #10
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 1,761 Times in 903 Posts
Can we start banning these threads seriously. You clearly stated there is a 3 hour limit, you exceeded it and the money isn't an issue. So what's the issue then? That you got caught and people usually don't so you feel you don't deserve it? Just pay it

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-08-2012, 01:54 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by firebird79_00 View Post
Yea i was gonna say just change your plate, theyre $18.
Does that actually work still?

If I had lots of extra time I would, but paying a ticket online is way easier than changing my plates. Kids suck up every minute. =(

Thanks for the quick feedback!
Old 01-08-2012, 01:57 PM   #12
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Recycle Please. Impark/Diamond etc. are already doing too much damage to the environment by issuing these useless tickets. Don't make it any worse. Put it in the nearest paper recycling bin.

Give a hoot, don't pollute.
adambomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 01:59 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by winson604 View Post
Can we start banning these threads seriously. You clearly stated there is a 3 hour limit, you exceeded it and the money isn't an issue. So what's the issue then? That you got caught and people usually don't so you feel you don't deserve it? Just pay it
Issue is that a mall doesn't give you sufficient time to spend at their shopping facility. I intend to pay it, but more of a principle. Maybe someone with kids can respond?

Drop your kids off for a party for 2 hours, you hang out and wait for them. Then your kid wants to go around, wife goes around for another hour looking around. there goes 3 hours.

You go to a wedding banquet, 3 hours easily eaten up.

Family from out of town want to visit, eat, walk around, 3 hours gone.
Old 01-08-2012, 02:13 PM   #14
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Issue is that a mall doesn't give you sufficient time to spend at their shopping facility. I intend to pay it, but more of a principle. Maybe someone with kids can respond?

Drop your kids off for a party for 2 hours, you hang out and wait for them. Then your kid wants to go around, wife goes around for another hour looking around. there goes 3 hours.

You go to a wedding banquet, 3 hours easily eaten up.

Family from out of town want to visit, eat, walk around, 3 hours gone.
Only solution is move the car before the 3 hour limit
jack3d is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-08-2012, 02:18 PM   #15
【=◈︿◈=】

Thanked 2,099 Times in 558 Posts
^ this. suck it up and pay the ticket. you knew the time limit was 3 hours, you knew you exceeded it and at the time you didn't care enough to move your car to another spot. actions have consequences, and yours is a ticket
- kT is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-08-2012, 02:35 PM   #16
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,510 Times in 4,902 Posts
Really none of my business, but I have three kids. 3 hours is way too long.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 02:42 PM   #17
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Moving your car before hitting the 3 hour limit works? You're still in the same lot. If that works, moving from a 3 hour spot to a 4th floor 4 hour spot practically gives you a whole day there.
turbos86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 02:43 PM   #18
RS controls my life!

Quote:
You clearly don't have kids...

That is completely true. I'll just watch out next time. I understand they must have rules and limitations to avoid people parking there and using the Skytrain (which is why they probably enforce it....)

I wasn't aware that upstairs was 4 hours... thanks for the tip.. Either way I just sent in an email to Aberdeen about it. If they read it, great, if not, no harm done.

For a mall that's got crap stores (I must admit they are filling it up better, but about quality, I'm not sure - I don't shop there), and only food places to drive people there, I think their time limit should be a little longer.
and you clearly need better time management / stop screwing around at the mall when you can play at home instead
eurochevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 02:47 PM   #19
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Does that actually work still?

If I had lots of extra time I would, but paying a ticket online is way easier than changing my plates. Kids suck up every minute. =(

Thanks for the quick feedback!
LOL you really can't use your kid as an excuse for everything.

You gonna tell your boss your late for work everyday because of your kid too?
bakasam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 02:50 PM   #20
private modder

Thanked 2,645 Times in 739 Posts
3 - 4 hours is standard policy with all shopping malls-- especially those located close to Canada Line or Skytrain stations.
Eff-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 02:58 PM   #21
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

I have 4 kids all under the age of 5. I go to dim sum, and then shop around the mall and it doesn't take me more then 3 hours.
Sky_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 03:30 PM   #22
First to fail !SG evar! Now i have yellow fever...

Thanked 2,431 Times in 475 Posts
You guys criticizing the original poster need to shut the hell up. It doesnt matter how long it takes YOU to shop. The O/P takes more than 3 hours and that is his/her prerogative. She didnt get "caught" doing anything. Malls have these time limits to prevent people from parking for free and going elsewhere..some people will take advantage of free parking and go to work or take the skytrain. The OP was shopping and Im assuming spending money while she was there, this is what the mall wants.

OP, if you speak to the mall manager and explain that you were shopping, there may be a chance of having the ticket overturned. If not, well then I guess you are out of luck and you can try just changing parking spots next time before the 3 hours is up.

Good luck!
Redlines_Daily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 04:23 PM   #23
【=◈︿◈=】

Thanked 2,099 Times in 558 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlines_Daily View Post
You guys criticizing the original poster need to shut the hell up. It doesnt matter how long it takes YOU to shop. The O/P takes more than 3 hours and that is his/her prerogative. She didnt get "caught" doing anything. Malls have these time limits to prevent people from parking for free and going elsewhere..some people will take advantage of free parking and go to work or take the skytrain. The OP was shopping and Im assuming spending money while she was there, this is what the mall wants.

OP, if you speak to the mall manager and explain that you were shopping, there may be a chance of having the ticket overturned. If not, well then I guess you are out of luck and you can try just changing parking spots next time before the 3 hours is up.

Good luck!
which is what i suggested, and also what you failed me for. i mentioned nothing about how long it takes me to shop because i'm in and out of places as soon as i get what i need. my point was that the OP knew the limit on the mall parking was 3 hours and disregarded that while shopping. if he had known and taken the 5 minutes to walk to the car and move it, this wouldn't be happening in the first place

and 2 more points: no, speaking to mall management will not get the ticket overturned. the mall does not enforce parking, impark does. and the impark guard that patrols there is so serious about his job that i doubt you will be able to get it overturned even if you take your case directly to impark - and by case i mean pleading with them and acknowledging that you made a mistake. i used to work at aberdeen, i went 3 minutes over the 3 hour limit one time and received a ticket. tried to talk to impark to no avail. and why should i have had any leniancy? i went over the limit, so i paid it

parking lots are enforced for a reason, and if you don't want to abide by the codes of it, then you accept the consequences of it. i'm not criticizing, i'm saying the blatant, simple truth - one that you seem to fail to understand
- kT is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-08-2012, 04:38 PM   #24
My homepage has been set to RS

1. contact them and be nice and plead to get it cancelled
2. change license plate
Posted via RS Mobile
drunkrussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 05:03 PM   #25
MOD

Thanked 7,553 Times in 1,957 Posts
Quote:

What would you do?
I would....create a stupid thread and whine about it

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol

Gh0stRider is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: