REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   WTF: Parking ticket at Aberdeen!? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/660942-wtf-parking-ticket-aberdeen.html)

abdulclamwacker 01-08-2012 01:14 PM

WTF: Parking ticket at Aberdeen!?

Got a ticket there the other day for $70 ($60 if paid within a week)... Got the ticket 11 minutes after 3 hours I got back to the car..

I park there all the time, and I know they already have a 3 hour limit. With the kid, eating and walking around... 3 hours is barely enough.

I don't care about the money, but I feel that I should do something about it.

What would you do?

TypeRNammer 01-08-2012 01:16 PM

Which company issued the ticket??
Posted via RS Mobile

eurochevy 01-08-2012 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abdulclamwacker (Post 7754110)
Got a ticket there the other day for $70 ($60 if paid within a week)... Got the ticket 11 minutes after 3 hours I got back to the car..

I park there all the time, and I know they already have a 3 hour limit. With the kid, eating and walking around... 3 hours is barely enough.

I don't care about the money,

What would you do?

why don't u just try to finish before the 3 hours.. thats a pretty long time next time ->:accepted: ?

Cartier Wearer. 01-08-2012 01:27 PM

Quote:

What would you do?

Pay the ticket and abide by the parking rules next time. You got caught simple as that!!

bobola 01-08-2012 01:39 PM

If I'm not mistaken I think the parking company is Impark.

I once got a ticket for parking there for an hour to pick up stuff from ncix and lunch
The ticket said I was there from 11:00-3:15.. I thought they mixed up car so I call in to dispute it..
The guy didnt trust me and would let me go if I just paid $20..:suspicious: ??!
I assume the parking attendant are in commission.. put out random tickets?

So other than that, maybe you can call in and see if you can get a lower charge cause you did park over the limit. ;c

If you want more time, 4th floor is 4 hour limit, but would properly take you 5~10mins to get up to 4th floor from waiting for all the c lai to park on a busy day.. :lawl:

InvisibleSoul 01-08-2012 01:45 PM

You can just ignore the ticket. I think it's Impark that handles Aberdeen, right?

You will probably get a couple notices in your mail, MAYBE even one from some collections office, but just ignore that too. That will be the end of it. If you want to be safe in Impark lots thereafter, you can just change your license plate for $15.

This is from personal experience with a ticket at Aberdeen.

abdulclamwacker 01-08-2012 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eurochevy (Post 7754128)
why don't u just try to finish before the 3 hours.. thats a pretty long time next time ->:accepted: ?

You clearly don't have kids...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cartier Wearer. (Post 7754131)
Pay the ticket and abide by the parking rules next time. You got caught simple as that!!

That is completely true. I'll just watch out next time. I understand they must have rules and limitations to avoid people parking there and using the Skytrain (which is why they probably enforce it....)

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobola (Post 7754138)
If I'm not mistaken I think the parking company is Impark.

I once got a ticket for parking there for an hour to pick up stuff from ncix and lunch
The ticket said I was there from 11:00-3:15.. I thought they mixed up car so I call in to dispute it..
The guy didnt trust me and would let me go if I just paid $20..:suspicious: ??!
I assume the parking attendant are in commission.. put out random tickets?

So other than that, maybe you can call in and see if you can get a lower charge cause you did park over the limit. ;c

If you want more time, 4th floor is 4 hour limit, but would properly take you 5~10mins to get up to 4th floor from waiting for all the c lai to park on a busy day.. :lawl:

I wasn't aware that upstairs was 4 hours... thanks for the tip.. Either way I just sent in an email to Aberdeen about it. If they read it, great, if not, no harm done.

For a mall that's got crap stores (I must admit they are filling it up better, but about quality, I'm not sure - I don't shop there), and only food places to drive people there, I think their time limit should be a little longer.

firebird79_00 01-08-2012 01:49 PM

Yea i was gonna say just change your plate, theyre $18.

Groot 01-08-2012 01:49 PM

i remember seeing them taking pictures of the car after issuing the ticket :lawl::lawl:

winson604 01-08-2012 01:54 PM

Can we start banning these threads seriously. You clearly stated there is a 3 hour limit, you exceeded it and the money isn't an issue. So what's the issue then? That you got caught and people usually don't so you feel you don't deserve it? Just pay it

abdulclamwacker 01-08-2012 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by firebird79_00 (Post 7754153)
Yea i was gonna say just change your plate, theyre $18.

Does that actually work still?

If I had lots of extra time I would, but paying a ticket online is way easier than changing my plates. Kids suck up every minute. =(

Thanks for the quick feedback!

adambomb 01-08-2012 01:57 PM

Recycle Please. :) Impark/Diamond etc. are already doing too much damage to the environment by issuing these useless tickets. Don't make it any worse. Put it in the nearest paper recycling bin.

Give a hoot, don't pollute. :thumbsup:

abdulclamwacker 01-08-2012 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by winson604 (Post 7754160)
Can we start banning these threads seriously. You clearly stated there is a 3 hour limit, you exceeded it and the money isn't an issue. So what's the issue then? That you got caught and people usually don't so you feel you don't deserve it? Just pay it

Issue is that a mall doesn't give you sufficient time to spend at their shopping facility. I intend to pay it, but more of a principle. Maybe someone with kids can respond?

Drop your kids off for a party for 2 hours, you hang out and wait for them. Then your kid wants to go around, wife goes around for another hour looking around. there goes 3 hours.

You go to a wedding banquet, 3 hours easily eaten up.

Family from out of town want to visit, eat, walk around, 3 hours gone.

jack3d 01-08-2012 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abdulclamwacker (Post 7754169)
Issue is that a mall doesn't give you sufficient time to spend at their shopping facility. I intend to pay it, but more of a principle. Maybe someone with kids can respond?

Drop your kids off for a party for 2 hours, you hang out and wait for them. Then your kid wants to go around, wife goes around for another hour looking around. there goes 3 hours.

You go to a wedding banquet, 3 hours easily eaten up.

Family from out of town want to visit, eat, walk around, 3 hours gone.

Only solution is move the car before the 3 hour limit

- kT 01-08-2012 02:18 PM

^ this. suck it up and pay the ticket. you knew the time limit was 3 hours, you knew you exceeded it and at the time you didn't care enough to move your car to another spot. actions have consequences, and yours is a ticket

MG1 01-08-2012 02:35 PM

Really none of my business, but I have three kids. 3 hours is way too long.

turbos86 01-08-2012 02:42 PM

Moving your car before hitting the 3 hour limit works? You're still in the same lot. If that works, moving from a 3 hour spot to a 4th floor 4 hour spot practically gives you a whole day there.

eurochevy 01-08-2012 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abdulclamwacker (Post 7754152)
You clearly don't have kids...

That is completely true. I'll just watch out next time. I understand they must have rules and limitations to avoid people parking there and using the Skytrain (which is why they probably enforce it....)

I wasn't aware that upstairs was 4 hours... thanks for the tip.. Either way I just sent in an email to Aberdeen about it. If they read it, great, if not, no harm done.

For a mall that's got crap stores (I must admit they are filling it up better, but about quality, I'm not sure - I don't shop there), and only food places to drive people there, I think their time limit should be a little longer.

and you clearly need better time management / stop screwing around at the mall when you can play at home instead

bakasam 01-08-2012 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abdulclamwacker (Post 7754162)
Does that actually work still?

If I had lots of extra time I would, but paying a ticket online is way easier than changing my plates. Kids suck up every minute. =(

Thanks for the quick feedback!

LOL you really can't use your kid as an excuse for everything.

You gonna tell your boss your late for work everyday because of your kid too?

Eff-1 01-08-2012 02:50 PM

3 - 4 hours is standard policy with all shopping malls-- especially those located close to Canada Line or Skytrain stations.

Sky_2000 01-08-2012 02:58 PM

I have 4 kids all under the age of 5. I go to dim sum, and then shop around the mall and it doesn't take me more then 3 hours.

Redlines_Daily 01-08-2012 03:30 PM

You guys criticizing the original poster need to shut the hell up. It doesnt matter how long it takes YOU to shop. The O/P takes more than 3 hours and that is his/her prerogative. She didnt get "caught" doing anything. Malls have these time limits to prevent people from parking for free and going elsewhere..some people will take advantage of free parking and go to work or take the skytrain. The OP was shopping and Im assuming spending money while she was there, this is what the mall wants.

OP, if you speak to the mall manager and explain that you were shopping, there may be a chance of having the ticket overturned. If not, well then I guess you are out of luck and you can try just changing parking spots next time before the 3 hours is up.

Good luck!

- kT 01-08-2012 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redlines_Daily (Post 7754277)
You guys criticizing the original poster need to shut the hell up. It doesnt matter how long it takes YOU to shop. The O/P takes more than 3 hours and that is his/her prerogative. She didnt get "caught" doing anything. Malls have these time limits to prevent people from parking for free and going elsewhere..some people will take advantage of free parking and go to work or take the skytrain. The OP was shopping and Im assuming spending money while she was there, this is what the mall wants.

OP, if you speak to the mall manager and explain that you were shopping, there may be a chance of having the ticket overturned. If not, well then I guess you are out of luck and you can try just changing parking spots next time before the 3 hours is up.

Good luck!

which is what i suggested, and also what you failed me for. i mentioned nothing about how long it takes me to shop because i'm in and out of places as soon as i get what i need. my point was that the OP knew the limit on the mall parking was 3 hours and disregarded that while shopping. if he had known and taken the 5 minutes to walk to the car and move it, this wouldn't be happening in the first place

and 2 more points: no, speaking to mall management will not get the ticket overturned. the mall does not enforce parking, impark does. and the impark guard that patrols there is so serious about his job that i doubt you will be able to get it overturned even if you take your case directly to impark - and by case i mean pleading with them and acknowledging that you made a mistake. i used to work at aberdeen, i went 3 minutes over the 3 hour limit one time and received a ticket. tried to talk to impark to no avail. and why should i have had any leniancy? i went over the limit, so i paid it

parking lots are enforced for a reason, and if you don't want to abide by the codes of it, then you accept the consequences of it. i'm not criticizing, i'm saying the blatant, simple truth - one that you seem to fail to understand

drunkrussian 01-08-2012 04:38 PM

1. contact them and be nice and plead to get it cancelled
2. change license plate
Posted via RS Mobile

Gh0stRider 01-08-2012 05:03 PM

Quote:

What would you do?

I would....create a stupid thread and whine about it