REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   anyone dealt with brian jessel bmw? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/660956-anyone-dealt-brian-jessel-bmw.html)

kkttsang 01-08-2012 05:52 PM

anyone dealt with brian jessel bmw?

I was talking to a salesrep about a cpo vehicle at BJ bmw and he said that the prices are non negotiable. Which i think its kinda BS. have you guys had any experience there?

donjalapeno 01-08-2012 05:56 PM

dad went to buy a X3 from them and they wouldnt even look at my dads offer...

so he went to autowest got a great deal on a better car....happy ending

CP.AR 01-08-2012 07:29 PM

bought my car from them. (used car as well)
they said price was non-negotiable because they were giving me a $3000 Christmas "cash discount" and taking our van as a trade-in for book value despite it having transmission and engine problems.
we accepted it and bought the car without a second glance since it was really a sweet deal

Keep in mind, this was 2 years back when the used car market was at it's lowest.

heleu 01-08-2012 07:35 PM

It's always negotiable, particularly for used vehicles. The profit margins are the greatest on used vehicles because there is so much variation in the price. Go to Autowest, they have much better service.

skylinergtr 01-08-2012 08:05 PM

i take my business to Park Shore BMW. They are a great dealership. Sales, Service, Parts, they have all been great to me.

The one time I went to BJ BMW, I was not even approached to get help (my mom was serious about an X3). They seemed to have only helped the asian clients walking in.

We went to Park Shore the following week to pick out/purchase an X3 for my mom.

kkttsang 01-08-2012 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skylinergtr (Post 7754600)
i take my business to Park Shore BMW. They are a great dealership. Sales, Service, Parts, they have all been great to me.

The one time I went to BJ BMW, I was not even approached to get help (my mom was serious about an X3). They seemed to have only helped the asian clients walking in.

i am probably gonna go to parkshore cuz they have the vehicles i want. their prices are negotiable right

AKUMA_Z 01-08-2012 08:58 PM

new car sales manager at BJ BMW is a total moron.
I had to bring up CSA, my lawyer and media to get my refundable deposit back.

go to autowest!
Eddie Tong is a great guy. He doesn't only sell you a car.
He also looks after his customer.
I got text messages from him on my bday, christmas and new years.

AKUMA_Z 01-08-2012 09:00 PM

and I also got great discount considering 1 //M is a limited production.

tofu1413 01-08-2012 09:48 PM

used cars have always been one price policy since about five or so years ago.

im pretty sure new cars have room for negotiation.

only way to get some negotiation room for used cars is only by the trade in appraisal and some extra work done to the car.

lol, i work for the used car dept, and no matter how much you haggle, the price is the price. as much as no one likes the price policy, BJBMW sold almost 2000 cars this year...

hongy 01-08-2012 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skylinergtr (Post 7754600)

I'm asian and we got absolutely ignored at BJ ended up walking over to open road audi.

BABU 01-09-2012 12:23 AM

I walked in and walked out like a ghost before. I think I can even shit on the floor no one will notice.

XplicitLuder 01-09-2012 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tofu1413 (Post 7754706)
used cars have always been one price policy since about five or so years ago.

im pretty sure new cars have room for negotiation.

only way to get some negotiation room for used cars is only by the trade in appraisal and some extra work done to the car.

lol, i work for the used car dept, and no matter how much you haggle, the price is the price. as much as no one likes the price policy, BJBMW sold almost 2000 cars this year...

this lol i believe number 1 bmw dealership in CANADA if im not mistaken. i work at autohaus (still owned by BJ) so i don't really know how people get treated at the bmw lot. And yes the prices have changed to a one-price policy =/

The_AK 01-09-2012 12:37 AM

my gf went there to get her car checked out but ended up being creeped on by the (i think) service manager, apparently its normal said one of the women working there

- kT 01-09-2012 02:54 AM

parents went there before to check out cars. service from the sales staff was medicore at best. can't speak for the service department though

good luck OP. there are quite a few members on here who are employees of brian jessel so hopefully you'll get the answers you need

wstce92 01-09-2012 06:57 AM

My family a few years ago used to buy all their cars from BJ, I'm talking my parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, extended family. We've all stopped going.
They may be the best selling (although I don't know about this), but they have become the worst dealership imho.
Autowest is great, but I find that BMW Store is superior both pre and post purchase. Discount wise, I've had family and friends get better deals from BMW Store than Autowest.
Park Shore is great too, they're really knowledgeable, it's clear that a lot of enthusiasts work there, but I find that they suffer from being the small guy on the block.
They were unable to get a number of cars that my cousins have wanted over the years, which forced them to go elsewhere.
Quick note, with BMW Store, if you drop in for service unexpectedly and need a courtesy car, a quick call to your SA should get you a car. Park Shore is much more limited.

Having said all this though, it really depends on your SA. But I find that across the board, good SA's are common at BMW Store, Autowest, Park Shore; extremely rare at BJ.

kkttsang 01-09-2012 07:33 AM

Thanks everyone for the info. Very helpful.
Posted via RS Mobile

artmotion 01-09-2012 08:14 AM

Head over to Autowest! My friend Tyler is a salesman there and I'm sure he'll take good care of you. I'll shoot over a PM with his details.

ilvtofu 01-09-2012 08:51 AM

Have had good experiences at the BMW store both service and saleswise,
Been into BJ many times and it's meh, but to be fair often times it is a lot busier than most other dealerships

kkttsang 01-09-2012 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by artmotion (Post 7754983)
Head over to Autowest! My friend Tyler is a salesman there and I'm sure he'll take good care of you. I'll shoot over a PM with his details.

Thnx that would be great
Posted via RS Mobile

tofu1413 01-09-2012 01:15 PM

it does get quite busy... most annoying ones are the tire kickers that requests a test drive for a car thats hard to acccess... waste everyone's time in the building (manager for the deal, the salesman, the lot guy etc)

donjalapeno 01-09-2012 03:33 PM

^ thats a part of the business though. I remember when i use to work at a volkswagen dealership their was endless times where people would say we want the car so we get started on doing delivery duties ( gassing it up, washing it, vacuuming, peeling plastics, waxing etc) and then they would go to the financial manager and get declined. So it was waste of getting gas and waste of a hour of my time. for nothing.

they're was endless amounts of time when people would make appointments for test drives and the salesmen would tell us to get the car ready and looking good and the customer wouldnt show up, we could of been doing other shit in the meantime.

anyways,

the sales people at BJ are weird and they have their nose up too much. We basically had to chase this brown sales guy ( parviz i think was his name) to help us out ( which he didnt)

we ask for a black or white X3, he finds us a beige and a navy blue one :fulloffuck:

anyways my dad agreed on the beige one and my dad told him that he would have to be flexible on his end and he agreed. So we sit to discuss finances and my dad told him before we start ill give you the price that best suits my budget ( it wasnt a lowball offer) and sales guy giggles and hes like i thought i told you before we started that this is a set price for all cars infact all bmws dealerships are like this....no one will give you a car this low ( as if its are first time buying a luxury car) . My dad at this point was fired up and wanted to give him shit but my mom and sister were tired so we just got up and left and told him that he gave us the worst car buying experience ever.

DEADBEA7 01-09-2012 03:49 PM

I work at Auto West BMW, just give me a PM and I can put you in contact with one of the sales guys that I know will be very helpful to you. :thumbsup:

Redlines_Daily 01-09-2012 03:59 PM

Ive had the same experience at Brian Jessel, 4 out of 5 times I walk in there I have to hunt down a salesman, otherwise I don't get any service. Before I bought my car I was considering a Z4, I talked to a salesman at BJ, told him I specifically wanted black with red interior. He told me that they had one at another location and they would have it sent over for me. Gave him my number and told him to call me when it arrived(1-2 days is what he said). Never heard from him..and I went in there well dressed and serious to buy.

bcrdukes 01-09-2012 04:25 PM

Autowest BMW was the only BMW dealership that ever gave a damn about me when I walked through the doors.

Brian Jessel BMW - sometimes but for the most part, I was invisible.

wbean 01-10-2012 12:31 AM

my girlfriend used to work at brian jessel and i frequently visit her and i feel like a transparent wall when i'm inside.

Don't understand their reasoning for being so arrogant towards people; not only the ones who drives a bmw can afford and buy a bmw. If i had to buy one, I'd take it to burrad bmw shop.