REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   ONE-M - BMW 1M Coupe (https://www.revscene.net/forums/660991-one-m-bmw-1m-coupe.html)

DEADBEA7 01-09-2012 08:39 AM

ONE-M - BMW 1M Coupe

Hey guys, I just wanted to share some pics and videos that I've taken with a couple friends of mine. I was given the privilage to take out this practically brand new 1M Coupe (It used to belong to a member on Revscene) for a couple of hours and take some pics and footage.

We were very limited on time, rain would come down heavily sometimes and we had no fancy equipment other than a GoPro Hero I got as a gift. Just a T3i, kit lens and a van with a sliding door lol. Let me know what you guys think!

Video:

Some pictures:
http://www.tumblr.com/photo/1280/154...qjiemXA1r5vxlh

ilvtofu 01-09-2012 08:44 AM

The shots where you're circling the car are a little jittery, are you using anything to stabilize the camera?

kevin7352 01-09-2012 09:01 AM

:megusta:
love the 1M
Posted via RS Mobile

DEADBEA7 01-09-2012 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilvtofu (Post 7755006)
The shots where you're circling the car are a little jittery, are you using anything to stabilize the camera?

The camera was either on a tripod or sitting on a metal box with a rag underneath LOL. No stabilization equipment at all. Will invest in a steadicam soon hopefully.
Posted via RS Mobile

Vancouver240sx 01-09-2012 09:20 AM

fantastic shots.. amazing car!

rich

european 01-09-2012 09:24 AM

wow. So jealous of your talent. The video is amazing and the photos are so nice! Wish I had your skill.
Awesome stuff!! Like it alot!

too_slow 01-09-2012 02:13 PM

That looks like a ton of fun!
I wouldn't mind bringing my 7D + Canon 50mm 1.4 for you to film :) (for future shoots)

PreludeSRV 01-09-2012 02:54 PM

crazy video! :damn: LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!! you have talents there buddy! :thumbsup:

donjalapeno 01-09-2012 03:12 PM

1M :megusta:

DEADBEA7 01-09-2012 03:46 PM

Thanks guys! Any feedback would be appreciated! :thumbsup:

maxx 01-09-2012 04:24 PM

great video, great sound track, great car.

hongy 01-09-2012 04:59 PM

it used to belong to a revscene member? fastest sale/trade in.

kchan 01-09-2012 05:01 PM

not 100% sure but might be my old one
was sold last week

hongy 01-09-2012 05:05 PM

Why did you sell yours already? If you don't mind me asking of course.

kchan 01-09-2012 05:09 PM

well first of all, I'm looking to purchase a used townhouse so one of my intentions was to sell the car to get some money for my down payment for my mortgage

other reasons would be that the car isn't what i thought it would be. Sure it handles well and it makes a perfect dd, but it didnt really give me the "wow" feeling I got from an e46 m3 or porsche 996, just overall driving experience id choose a e46 m3 or a older porsche over the 1M, but if i wanted a dd the 1M would make a perfect dd for a car enthusiasts

Midnitez 01-09-2012 07:12 PM

:considered: cuz it didn't sound like a ballin Ferrari or pull like a 2-wheeled beast?

haha so that's y u weren't rollin in on ur 1M on Thursday....

ilvtofu 01-09-2012 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kchan (Post 7755541)
well first of all, I'm looking to purchase a used townhouse so one of my intentions was to sell the car to get some money for my down payment for my mortgage

other reasons would be that the car isn't what i thought it would be. Sure it handles well and it makes a perfect dd, but it didnt really give me the "wow" feeling I got from an e46 m3 or porsche 996, just overall driving experience id choose a e46 m3 or a older porsche over the 1M, but if i wanted a dd the 1M would make a perfect dd for a car enthusiasts

Lol Kal u have to get behind the wheel of a 993, maybe it's the awd but the 997 turbo doesn't hold a candle to the driving experience from the 993. Excites all the senses (including that distinctive oily 993 interior smell)

Gridlock 01-09-2012 08:34 PM

Very Top Gear-esque, in a very good way. Their cinematography is some of the best for shooting cars, so a logical thing to emulate and build on.

DEADBEA7 01-09-2012 09:13 PM

Yup this car used to be Kchan's. The car was to be thrown into the showroom the same day I had it out for the shoot, luckily I asked the day before and was given the ok before it sits inside until someone buys it.

I get what Kchan is saying though, having spent a good amount of time in both the 1M and my friend's E46 M3, both cars feel completely different. The 1M is very easy to drive and much better as a daily driver compared to a 6 speed E46 M3 which requires a lot more finesse to drive smoothly everyday (Very jerky if you dont rev match and heel-toe properly). The M3 is a lot more raw and lively and the scream of the NA inline 6 is really just something else...

- kT 01-09-2012 09:44 PM

wow kchan that was quick!

sick video and photos, deadbea7

wstce92 01-09-2012 10:25 PM

Lol I actually had the exact opposite opinion after meeting up with my 2 cousins and getting to drive their 1M and e46 M3 back to back :alone:
I found that the 1M was more refined if your treat as such, but got gnarly quick when you pushed it a bit. Kind of a Dr.Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, or Bruce Banner and the Hulk thing going on. Basically once you start driving them hard, I found that the 1M really starts to wow you, in ways the e46 M3 doesn't quite reach...
I think the e46 M3 is way prettier though, even though it's a decade old design now.
But yeah, at least in my head, the 1M was miles more wow and raw than the M3.
But that's just an opinion, the only indisputable thing I gathered from driving them is that my car is crap in comparison:okay:

DEADBEA7 01-09-2012 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wstce92 (Post 7756004)
Lol I actually had the exact opposite opinion after meeting up with my 2 cousins and getting to drive their 1M and e46 M3 back to back :alone:
I found that the 1M was more refined if your treat as such, but got gnarly quick when you pushed it a bit. Kind of a Dr.Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, or Bruce Banner and the Hulk thing going on. Basically once you start driving them hard, I found that the 1M really starts to wow you, in ways the e46 M3 doesn't quite reach...
I think the e46 M3 is way prettier though, even though it's a decade old design now.
But yeah, at least in my head, the 1M was miles more wow and raw than the M3.
But that's just an opinion, the only indisputable thing I gathered from driving them is that my car is crap in comparison:okay:

I agree with with the split personality of the 1M, it does change when you get on it a bit (I couldn't go TOO hard and drive the hell out of it of course) but there's just something about the E46 that I like more in a way. I guess I'll need more seat time in both cars lol.

I definitely agree with the last part, after I dropped off the car and I got back into my beater automatic Integra and went back to reality...:okay:

Araaadi 01-09-2012 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kchan (Post 7755541)

Sorry to be off topic, but did you take much of a hit on the trade in? I'm only asking because I want to trade in my 2011 civic for something more fun like an older s2k or g35.

kchan 01-09-2012 11:50 PM

You will get hit a lot more than I wouldve had, but the money I got back was way more than reasonable, pretty much I'll only say that the money I lost is cheaper than renting a car :)
Reason being is that the 1M is a limited production car that you cannot order anymore

Kt: I didn't really want to sell it but house > car!
Justin: yup which is why I avoid porsche turbos

It was a great car while I had it, true to the split personality but to me at the end of the day the 1M doesnt feel as raw as I hoped
Posted via RS Mobile

zvrkan5 01-13-2012 01:59 PM

Great video work man :)
Really nice...not sure how you kept it steady but it doesn't show that you didn't use any stabilization.
Care to disclose the location where you took those pictures?