REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   2012 Acura NSX Concept (https://www.revscene.net/forums/661009-2012-acura-nsx-concept.html)

Timpo 01-09-2012 03:38 PM

2012 Acura NSX Concept

2012 Detroit Auto Show: Acura NSX Concept
By Josh Jacquot | January 9, 2012

Details on Acura's pending NSX are vague at best, but here's what we know for sure:

It will be powered by a mid-mounted, direct-injected VTEC V6 and two electric motors.
Utilizing "Sport Hybrid" Super-Handling All-Wheel Drive, the NSX's powertrain will individually adjust torque to each front wheel.
A dual-clutch transmission packaged with one of the electric motors will deliver power to the ground.

The car will come to market inside of three years.
Honda Motor Company President and CEO Takanobu Ito said the new NSX will be developed at Honda's research and development facility in Ohio. The car will also be built at a Honda assembly plant in that state.

The NSX production car, should it retain the same dimensions as the prototype, will be slightly smaller in every dimension than an Audi R8. It rides on a 101.3-inch wheelbase.

http://blogs.insideline.com/straight...537-111530.jpg
http://blogs.insideline.com/straight...537-111551.jpg
http://blogs.insideline.com/straight...537-111555.jpg
http://blogs.insideline.com/straight...537-111560.jpg
http://blogs.insideline.com/straight...537-111567.jpg

604nguyen 01-09-2012 03:51 PM

ewwww....the infamous acura 'bird-beak' grill......:facepalm:

Bender Unit 01-09-2012 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timpo (Post 7755394)
Honda Motor Company President and CEO Takanobu Ito said the new NSX will be developed at Honda's research and development facility in Ohio. The car will also be built at a Honda assembly plant in that state.

IMO statement above Kill it :heckno: Made in USA

Super Dipper 01-09-2012 04:30 PM

they dont need to kill it, they just dont need to call it a NSX. sacrilege to the nameplate

Tegra_Devil 01-09-2012 04:36 PM

you are all a buncha whiners......you guys cant afford it anyways, so why would they care what you think...

...plus you guys cant complain that they are ruining the name 'nsx', since 98% of the people have never owned one.......if your parents owned one it doesnt count, if your friends owned one it doesnt count......unless you have put serious mileage in an NSX you have no idea what an nsx is

glad honda is putting out something sweet..........................finally! probably going to tear it up too!

rJZx 01-09-2012 04:36 PM

^ MSX :troll:
its like the whole CRX -> CRZ thing

CP.AR 01-09-2012 04:38 PM

The beak actually looks OK on a low, fat car like this.

Ohio plant lol
Everytime i think about the Ohio plant I imagine a sweaty, fat american man wearing safety googles and eating a greasy big mac leaning over my car when it was being built... :heckno:

type-j 01-09-2012 04:41 PM

I don't mind it. Hopefully it puts out big hp and tq numbers. I'll prolly hold on to my '02 though, for a very long time
Posted via RS Mobile

european 01-09-2012 05:48 PM

hmmm interesting.. looks neat but I still prefer the NA2 NSX-R :fullofwin:
Sweet pics though!

bananana 01-09-2012 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tegra_Devil (Post 7755496)
1998 Honda Civic Sedan*CURRENT*

:gtfo:

Hehe 01-09-2012 09:25 PM

I think it doesn't look bad... probably the first time I like Acura's new grill...

Too bad that if I am spending over 150k on a car, I'd probably order the BMW i8...

EmperorIS 01-09-2012 09:28 PM

the acura grille can actually look nice if done right ...

hopefully this nsx will be the first one to be done right

Dinan3 01-09-2012 09:56 PM

I think it looks good and most importantly the NSX is Coming Back!!!! I'm excited.

Timpo 01-09-2012 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by type-j (Post 7755503)
I don't mind it. Hopefully it puts out big hp and tq numbers. I'll prolly hold on to my '02 though, for a very long time
Posted via RS Mobile

I wonder if the new NSX can outperform the LFA and GTR.

bloodmack 01-09-2012 10:07 PM

I wonder why they choose AWD. If they provided a RWD version I'd like it a lot more.

And to those who say "who cares you can't afford it" who cares if you cant afford it or not? We have our opinions and you can take them and fuck off with your sheep excuse.

Timpo 01-09-2012 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bloodmack (Post 7755974)
I wonder why they choose AWD. If they provided a RWD version I'd like it a lot more.

The reason is obvious, AWD will give you much better performance.
If GT-R, WRX STi, Evo, Aventador, Veyron, etc had RWD, they wouldn't perform as good as they do.

The benefit of RWD would be weight saving and fun factor if you like drifting or burn-outs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bloodmack (Post 7755974)
And to those who say "who cares you can't afford it" who cares if you cant afford it or not? We have our opinions and you can take them and fuck off with your sheep excuse.

Actually, car manyfactures do care.

Those high-ends exotics aren't profitable. Quite often they build it just so that they can have this "cool factor" about the brand. So that hopefully people will buy their product.

For example, Genesis Coupe may be a nice car, but because Hyundai doesn't make NSX, GT-R, LFA, Ford GT, Viper or ZR1...people might pick different brand for "cool factor"...something Hyundai does NOT have.

Lomac 01-09-2012 10:37 PM

Quote:

you are all a buncha whiners......you guys cant afford it anyways, so why would they care what you think...

...plus you guys cant complain that they are ruining the name 'nsx', since 98% of the people have never owned one.......if your parents owned one it doesnt count, if your friends owned one it doesnt count......unless you have put serious mileage in an NSX you have no idea what an nsx is

glad honda is putting out something sweet..........................finally! probably going to tear it up too!

Quote:

Originally Posted by bananana (Post 7755793)

Really? Just because I can't afford that mansion in British Properties doesn't mean I can't have an opinion of if it's a tasteful design or not, nor if there was a better way to engineer the front foyer.

Or does one's opinion on something rise exponentially with their total net worth?

yellowpower 01-09-2012 10:46 PM

i think its nice

Tomu 01-09-2012 11:50 PM

wbean 01-10-2012 12:24 AM

not feeling where acura is going with the lines. looking more and more messed up since the first generation of TL with the huge front fascia arrived.

SupraTTturbo2jz 01-10-2012 12:47 AM

the nsx, supra, gtr all had its time back in the past with the different models but now its all about modern looks. Can't complain, the car looks good to me.

LIKEABOSS 01-10-2012 06:28 AM

I understand that they want to keep costs low but I don't like the idea of this car being made in the USA. I think Honda's flagship should be made in Japan, even if they have to charge a bit more.

Tegra_Devil 01-10-2012 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lomac (Post 7756022)
Really? Just because I can't afford that mansion in British Properties doesn't mean I can't have an opinion of if it's a tasteful design or not, nor if there was a better way to engineer the front foyer.

Or does one's opinion on something rise exponentially with their total net worth?

i was aiming it more at the........'they are ruining the nsx' fanboys......not the other opinions

bananana 01-10-2012 09:12 AM

Quote:

Quote:

1998 Honda Civic Sedan*CURRENT*

Quote:

Originally Posted by bananana (Post 7755793)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lomac (Post 7756022)

Nice try, but did you bother to read his comment at all?

|<e|_ 01-10-2012 10:37 AM

they should just remake this... crank up the hp and tq label it 2012 and everyone will be happy

http://www.uberrides.com/photos/0305/nsx_r_gt0.jpg