REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Vacations and World Travel

Vacations and World Travel Visiting our beautiful city? Come stay at the Arbutus Vista - Vancouver's Bed & Breakfast.
How was your trip? Which tour packages would you recommend/avoid? Must do's and must eats? Share tips, photos and experiences with other senior RS members who just want to get away..

Old 01-11-2012, 11:04 AM   #1
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Cancun stag resort suggestions in July

I'm planning a stag for this July, about 12 guys going, 26-30. I have been to Cancun before and I know most of the party is on the strip with all the clubs, however I also want a good resort with younger people that party as well. Do not want to be hanging out getting drunk at the pool/beach with families and older people.

I have been to the Oasis Cancun, and yes it's quite the gong show. Party is unreal but the hotel and food is pretty bad. The entire bunch of us do party quite hard but in terms of quality of the resort we do want something better. So I'm pretty much looking for a resort with good party, crowd in the mid 20's or so, and an actual good resort that's clean with decent food. I've heard the Riu Cancun is similar to the Oasis, a bit older partying crowd (not 18-21 year olds) and the hotel/food is good. Anyone been to the Riu before? Or suggest any other resorts?

Thanks!
Advertisement
MASTER_J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 10:58 PM   #2
I STILL don't get it

I was at the Riu Cancun June 2010. There was a pretty good mix between the younger/older/family type crowd. Really fun to meet strangers and everyone is having a great time. The food was pretty good from what I remember, a huge variety of food. After hours the snack bar will do the trick when you're super drunk. Didn't have much of a selection at the snack bar to be honest, burgers, hotdogs, nachos, feels like whatever was left over from the dinner buffet. Saw a cockroach on the wall near the burgers.......... .took the chance. Other than that, the hotel was well kept and clean.
truth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 10:27 AM   #3
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

awesome! thanks for the info,

anyone know of a travel agent that we give us a pretty good group rate discount?
MASTER_J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 10:29 AM   #4
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,426 Times in 482 Posts
leave the tourist places and go into town. my buddy's brother in law had his stag at cancun. and they had an amazing time.
Fafine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 07:25 PM   #5
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Riu Caribe or Riu Cancun are good for stags..

I've stayed at Caribe and Riu Las Palace Americas, and visited Riu Cancun.

Caribe is a bit farther from the club zone whereas Cancun is walkin distance. I prefer Caribe because its a bit more laid back but still fun during the day whereas Cancun was a bit of a shit-show... the pool was slammed and people spilling drinks in the pool.

Both places will take you to clubs at night and take good care of you.