REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2012, 01:23 PM   #51
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge
 
CRS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 14,364
Thanked 5,489 Times in 1,480 Posts
Keep us posted on what happens.

Hopefully when and if the shelter finds the owner(s), they will let you know the story that the owners tell them.

But if no one comes forward, do you get to keep the dog?
Advertisement
CRS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 01:56 PM   #52
Hyde's Understudy
 
BlackZRoadster's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 6,003
Thanked 436 Times in 226 Posts
OP: i would have kept the little guy and made my home his forever home. On the other side, maybe the dog was in good shape, but then got wet and dirty in the snow. Maybe it's owners are saddened they lost a family member and are happy they found him back now.

Do you have dogs in your house already too?
__________________
2011 335xi Coupe M-sport
BlackZRoadster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 01:59 PM   #53
...in the world.
 
Ronin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Richmond
Posts: 28,460
Thanked 7,646 Times in 2,324 Posts
So
__________________
- edeats.com <-- my food blog
- edlau|photo <-- photos
- Instagram <-- moar photos
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 01:59 PM   #54
...in the world.
 
Ronin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Richmond
Posts: 28,460
Thanked 7,646 Times in 2,324 Posts
So you found the owner?
__________________
- edeats.com <-- my food blog
- edlau|photo <-- photos
- Instagram <-- moar photos
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 02:05 PM   #55
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer
 
spoon.ek9's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Richmond
Posts: 12,491
Thanked 4,035 Times in 1,198 Posts
i told them if the owner doesn't want him, i will take him asap. i called again to make sure they knew that and the lady said she's 99.9% sure they will find the owner because the ear tattoo gave them all the info they need.

i'm just hoping the info isn't up to date or the person they contact no longer wants the dog.


Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackZRoadster View Post
OP: i would have kept the little guy and made my home his forever home. On the other side, maybe the dog was in good shape, but then got wet and dirty in the snow. Maybe it's owners are saddened they lost a family member and are happy they found him back now.

Do you have dogs in your house already too?
Well, I wanted to keep him too but the ethical thing to do was let the shelter take him. It feels like shit, but it was the right thing to do. I just hope I'm lucky once more and am able to adopt the dog legally.

To answer your question, yes I have 2 dogs in my house already.
__________________
1998 Honda Civic EK9 - GQ || 1990 Honda Civic Si ED7 - DD || 1990 Honda Civic ED6 - RIP
VCC Buy/Sell rating 60-0-0 || RS Buy/Sell rating 20-0-0 || HT Buy/Sell rating 1-0-0
IG: @spoon.ek9
Spoiler!
spoon.ek9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 02:09 PM   #56
...in the world.
 
Ronin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Richmond
Posts: 28,460
Thanked 7,646 Times in 2,324 Posts
Hope you get to keep him. RS poll to pick name?
__________________
- edeats.com <-- my food blog
- edlau|photo <-- photos
- Instagram <-- moar photos
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 02:18 PM   #57
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer
 
spoon.ek9's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Richmond
Posts: 12,491
Thanked 4,035 Times in 1,198 Posts
I hope so too.... shitty day

I wasn't expecting they would come and pick him up immediately like that. I wanted him to stay with me until someone came to claim him with proper proof of ownership.
__________________
1998 Honda Civic EK9 - GQ || 1990 Honda Civic Si ED7 - DD || 1990 Honda Civic ED6 - RIP
VCC Buy/Sell rating 60-0-0 || RS Buy/Sell rating 20-0-0 || HT Buy/Sell rating 1-0-0
IG: @spoon.ek9
Spoiler!
spoon.ek9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 08:48 PM   #58
SardaukarMod
 
seakrait's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Salusa Secundus
Posts: 11,306
Thanked 485 Times in 198 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoon.ek9 View Post
I hope so too.... shitty day

I wasn't expecting they would come and pick him up immediately like that. I wanted him to stay with me until someone came to claim him with proper proof of ownership.
Well. Just take heart that you did the right thing. It's about karma, man (even if you have tonnes up the ass already ). You wouldn't want someone doing the same to your dogs should either one of them get lost (knock on wood).

I, too, felt shitty when I had to give up a dog I'd found after two weeks of keeping her. To make things worse, she was just a puppy and it was love at first sight. My then-dog and her got along and I was hoping that no one would respond to my found dog posters. I even went so far as to give her a name: Sophie. Turned out that the family with a young girl went on vacation leaving old grandma to mind the house and puppy. Puppy escaped and grandma, who was ESL, didn't know what to do. Parents called me after coming home. Got a reward out of it but would have traded ten times the amount to keep the puppy. Heh.
__________________
2012 Volkswagen Golf Wagon in Candy White
2009 Triumph Street Triple 675
in Jet Black
2002 Volkswagen GTI 337 in Reflex Silver (SOLD)
2007 Suzuki SV650N in Oort Grey (SOLD)
seakrait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 09:32 PM   #59
10psi aint enough...
 
HondaGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 4,065
Thanked 433 Times in 208 Posts
Props on being a good person saving the dog!!
So sad to see him just staring out the window, hope all goes well.

Few months ago, we found a lost dog as well, its was beige color, dont know the breed, but he was lost and cold at a nearby park. We pulled over when he jumped in front of our car. We got out to stop him and he was so friendly. I asked him if he knew how to sit, and he did. He quietly stayed with us and while we called the number on his tag, we gave him some water. His name was Tubby, I think I still have a photo of him on my phone.
Apparently the owner didnt even know he was gone. They always leave him outside in the yard. After waiting 30+ minutes, the owner came and retrieved him, they were so glad to see him. After that, its important to realize that animals are not just pets but a family member as well.

Anyways, I was showing my fiance this thread, since we own a dog as well, and when we saw Ronin posted RS poll to pick names...we came up with some for shitz and giggles:

1.) soldier or survivor (since hes been so brave)
2.) the unofficial RS mascot ( too long though )
3.) spoon jr.
4.) champwhitey
__________________
Make no mistake between my personality and my attitude.
My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are. True story 9GAG.


Current vehicles, owned since new:
2013 Toyota Highlander Limited: my new SUV.
2005 Toyota Rav4: my smaller SUV, driven by wifey now.
1999 Honda Accord EXV6 Coupe Comptech Supercharged (Championship White NH-0): Toyo Tires sponsored showcar 2007-2012, competed since 2001, now retired.
** Waiting for my NA1...

Last edited by HondaGuy; 01-17-2012 at 09:40 PM.
HondaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 10:25 PM   #60
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer
 
spoon.ek9's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Richmond
Posts: 12,491
Thanked 4,035 Times in 1,198 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seakrait View Post
Well. Just take heart that you did the right thing. It's about karma, man (even if you have tonnes up the ass already ). You wouldn't want someone doing the same to your dogs should either one of them get lost (knock on wood).

I, too, felt shitty when I had to give up a dog I'd found after two weeks of keeping her. To make things worse, she was just a puppy and it was love at first sight. My then-dog and her got along and I was hoping that no one would respond to my found dog posters. I even went so far as to give her a name: Sophie. Turned out that the family with a young girl went on vacation leaving old grandma to mind the house and puppy. Puppy escaped and grandma, who was ESL, didn't know what to do. Parents called me after coming home. Got a reward out of it but would have traded ten times the amount to keep the puppy. Heh.
I know it was the right thing to do but it sucks ASS! The thing in the back of my mind that keeps nagging me today is that I know the owner hasn't given two shits towards this dog. He clearly hasn't been groomed for months. Hence, bad owner in my opinion. So, although it's an assumption, it feels like I've effectively sent the dog back to a bad owner.

I also named the dog while he was here..



Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaGuy View Post
Props on being a good person saving the dog!!
So sad to see him just staring out the window, hope all goes well.

Few months ago, we found a lost dog as well, its was beige color, dont know the breed, but he was lost and cold at a nearby park. We pulled over when he jumped in front of our car. We got out to stop him and he was so friendly. I asked him if he knew how to sit, and he did. He quietly stayed with us and while we called the number on his tag, we gave him some water. His name was Tubby, I think I still have a photo of him on my phone.
Apparently the owner didnt even know he was gone. They always leave him outside in the yard. After waiting 30+ minutes, the owner came and retrieved him, they were so glad to see him. After that, its important to realize that animals are not just pets but a family member as well.

Anyways, I was showing my fiance this thread, since we own a dog as well, and when we saw Ronin posted RS poll to pick names...we came up with some for shitz and giggles:

1.) soldier or survivor (since hes been so brave)
2.) the unofficial RS mascot ( too long though )
3.) spoon jr.
4.) champwhitey
haha thanks for the name suggestions. props to you for rescuing a dog too!

I'm super happy that I found this little fella before it snowed. I imagine he would have frozen to death in weather like this.
__________________
1998 Honda Civic EK9 - GQ || 1990 Honda Civic Si ED7 - DD || 1990 Honda Civic ED6 - RIP
VCC Buy/Sell rating 60-0-0 || RS Buy/Sell rating 20-0-0 || HT Buy/Sell rating 1-0-0
IG: @spoon.ek9
Spoiler!
spoon.ek9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 11:42 PM   #61
Banned (ABWS)?
 
AzNightmare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 16,911
Thanked 2,130 Times in 1,026 Posts
I don't really know anything about dogs... so just wondering.
but if you groomed it, wouldn't that make him harder to recognize for the original owners?
__________________
__________________________________________________
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 12:00 AM   #62
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer
 
spoon.ek9's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Richmond
Posts: 12,491
Thanked 4,035 Times in 1,198 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNightmare View Post
I don't really know anything about dogs... so just wondering.
but if you groomed it, wouldn't that make him harder to recognize for the original owners?
the ear tattoo would remove all doubt. the lady at the shelter said on the phone that all the info popped up (name, ph#, address, etc). i just hope it's out of date or that the owner gave the dog to someone else to own.
__________________
1998 Honda Civic EK9 - GQ || 1990 Honda Civic Si ED7 - DD || 1990 Honda Civic ED6 - RIP
VCC Buy/Sell rating 60-0-0 || RS Buy/Sell rating 20-0-0 || HT Buy/Sell rating 1-0-0
IG: @spoon.ek9
Spoiler!
spoon.ek9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 12:49 AM   #63
SardaukarMod
 
seakrait's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Salusa Secundus
Posts: 11,306
Thanked 485 Times in 198 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoon.ek9 View Post
the ear tattoo would remove all doubt. the lady at the shelter said on the phone that all the info popped up (name, ph#, address, etc). i just hope it's out of date or that the owner gave the dog to someone else to own.
i've seen some ear tattoos that were rather illegible. here's hoping!
__________________
2012 Volkswagen Golf Wagon in Candy White
2009 Triumph Street Triple 675
in Jet Black
2002 Volkswagen GTI 337 in Reflex Silver (SOLD)
2007 Suzuki SV650N in Oort Grey (SOLD)
seakrait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 09:36 AM   #64
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer
 
spoon.ek9's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Richmond
Posts: 12,491
Thanked 4,035 Times in 1,198 Posts
i'm gonna call again today and hopefully visit the dog if the owner still hasn't come to pick him up!
__________________
1998 Honda Civic EK9 - GQ || 1990 Honda Civic Si ED7 - DD || 1990 Honda Civic ED6 - RIP
VCC Buy/Sell rating 60-0-0 || RS Buy/Sell rating 20-0-0 || HT Buy/Sell rating 1-0-0
IG: @spoon.ek9
Spoiler!
spoon.ek9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 12:28 PM   #65
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer
 
spoon.ek9's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Richmond
Posts: 12,491
Thanked 4,035 Times in 1,198 Posts
Update!

Went to see the lil guy today and filled an application to adopt him

Crossing my fingers..

Also, someone called asking about the dog while I was there.. Who would dare steal this dog from under me?
Posted via RS Mobile
spoon.ek9 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-18-2012, 12:48 PM   #66
My homepage has been set to RS
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Nowhere
Posts: 2,110
Thanked 755 Times in 339 Posts
Some scumbag that's for sure. If it was their intention to steal the dog from under your nose, that's a dick move.
subordinate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 12:53 PM   #67
...in the world.
 
Ronin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Richmond
Posts: 28,460
Thanked 7,646 Times in 2,324 Posts
You should name him something RS related.

Repost?
Bradford?
$14 Baller?

"C'mere, boy! Come, Lobster Hotpot! Good boy!"
__________________
- edeats.com <-- my food blog
- edlau|photo <-- photos
- Instagram <-- moar photos
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-18-2012, 01:23 PM   #68
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer
 
spoon.ek9's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Richmond
Posts: 12,491
Thanked 4,035 Times in 1,198 Posts
I don't think I could love a noob

:noob:
Posted via RS Mobile
spoon.ek9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 01:27 PM   #69
nuggets mod
 
freakshow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: richmond
Posts: 6,700
Thanked 3,045 Times in 840 Posts
It would also be wierd if people asked you what your dogs name was, and you said 'Hotpot'.
__________________
I searched for truth, and all I found was You

'00 323i (Sold)
'01 Civic Si (Sold)
'95 240sx (Sold)
'02 LMB M5 (Sold)
'92 4Runner (Sold)
'92 Civic VX (Sold)
'03 SL500 (Sold)
'92 NSX
'99 M3 (Totalled)
'07 A4 2.0T (Sold)
'01 CB M5 (Sold)
'01 540i (Sold)
'11 535ix
freakshow is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-18-2012, 02:11 PM   #70
...in the world.
 
Ronin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Richmond
Posts: 28,460
Thanked 7,646 Times in 2,324 Posts


Am I the only one that thinks Hotpot might be a super awesome dog name?
__________________
- edeats.com <-- my food blog
- edlau|photo <-- photos
- Instagram <-- moar photos
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-18-2012, 02:38 PM   #71
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS
 
hotjoint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Surrey
Posts: 12,667
Thanked 649 Times in 352 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post


Am I the only one that thinks Hotpot might be a super awesome dog name?
nope
hotjoint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 02:39 PM   #72
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer
 
spoon.ek9's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Richmond
Posts: 12,491
Thanked 4,035 Times in 1,198 Posts
updated first post for anyone wanting more details!
__________________
1998 Honda Civic EK9 - GQ || 1990 Honda Civic Si ED7 - DD || 1990 Honda Civic ED6 - RIP
VCC Buy/Sell rating 60-0-0 || RS Buy/Sell rating 20-0-0 || HT Buy/Sell rating 1-0-0
IG: @spoon.ek9
Spoiler!
spoon.ek9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 03:35 PM   #73
【=◈‿◈=】
 
Vansterdam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Above&Beyond
Posts: 22,494
Thanked 8,879 Times in 2,010 Posts
preety sure i found a stray puppy yesterday


tried to help it out and find its owner but it booked it away from me lol

hope he found his way home
__________________
do_ob

Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 03:53 PM   #74
SardaukarMod
 
seakrait's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Salusa Secundus
Posts: 11,306
Thanked 485 Times in 198 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoon.ek9 View Post

Update Jan 18, 2012

Went to the shelter today to visit the dog and found out no one has called looking for him at all. I filled out adoption papers today and walked with the little guy to let him go pee and stretch a bit.

The shelter has called and left a message for the owner (via information from the ear tattoo) and there has been no response thus far. I strongly believe this owner does NOT want the dog back and I will of course welcome the dog into my family ASAP
I might have missed it but what timeframe does the shelter give the dogs' owners to pick up their dogs before the dogs are adopted out?
Posted via RS Mobile
seakrait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 04:11 PM   #75
McFogg The Dawg is my homeboy
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,007
Thanked 1,130 Times in 286 Posts
spoon, i love your new dog whisperer title
kevin7352 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net