REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 06-18-2012, 10:55 PM   #176
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,632 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxinX View Post
Might be a good idea to inform non emergency PD about it, so they have it on record, so if something does happen later on and they have to believe you or his story, they'll see how it came up to that point. Never hurts to let them know anyways.
That's true. I could just talk to non-emergency and see what they say about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meowjin View Post
what general area do you live in?
Southarm Area.
Advertisement
Spoiler!
spoon.ek9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 11:05 PM   #177
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,091 Times in 773 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoon.ek9 View Post
That's true. I could just talk to non-emergency and see what they say about it.

Southarm Area.
hm so around me. I'll be sure to keep an eye out!
Meowjin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-18-2012, 11:13 PM   #178
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Quote:
Don't feed me horse shit and expect me to call it chocolate souffle.
This, made me LOL so hard.
BaoTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-18-2012, 11:23 PM   #179
Hyde's Understudy

Spoon ek9... I applaud everything you have done!

From another animal lover!
BlackZRoadster is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-19-2012, 12:07 AM   #180
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoon_Fed View Post
Any PROPER dog owner would turn their neighbourhood upside down as soon as they found out their dog was missing. This guy clearly didn't give a shit. So fuck him.
forgot to talk about this point. this is exactly what we were all saying (myself and friends on facebook). i literally live on the same street as this asshole and he's going to tell me he had signs up? bullshit. also, when all the dog owners don't recognize your dog, that's a clear sign that you never walk your dog. this guy just doesn't get it. he's a terrible dog owner and i shudder at the thought of him trying to raise another dog in his lifetime.

if ANY of my dogs were missing, i'd have signs up, i'd knock on every door. i'd also spend all my free time searching for the boys whether that be by foot or by car. it would kill me inside to think that my boys aren't safe at home under my supervision. this guy didn't make any attempt to locate this dog from January all the way to June for fuck's sake! argh..

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaGuy View Post
He probably realizes now that his charm couldn't get his wife back so he thinks getting BB back now would be his final option.
missed this point too. we were all speculating why he might want the dog back (after so long) and this scenario did come up. we figured maybe he was going to use BB as a ploy to win his wife back. which, again, is another ignorant way to look at dogs. makes me rage just thinking what kind of selfish/retarded reasons he would want to take BB back for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaoTurbo View Post
This, made me LOL so hard.
haha you weren't the only one who mentioned this to me. guess i came up with a good one liner there
Spoiler!
Old 06-19-2012, 12:29 AM   #181
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,091 Times in 773 Posts
hey do you ever see another family walk their westie around that area? I wonder if they got approached by this same asshole. (family friends of mine)
Meowjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 12:52 AM   #182
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meowjin View Post
hey do you ever see another family walk their westie around that area? I wonder if they got approached by this same asshole. (family friends of mine)
I think I've only seen one female westie owned by a nice caucasian (possibly european) woman.
Spoiler!
Old 06-19-2012, 05:37 PM   #183
SardaukarMod

+1 on informing the police non-emergency if you ever feel threatened or fear for the safety of your home and pups.

I've seen people go crazy and do stupid things over much lesser things so please be careful and keep an eye out for anything suspicious.
2002 Volkswagen GTI 337 in Reflex Silver (SOLD)
2007 Suzuki SV650N in Oort Grey (SOLD)
seakrait is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-21-2012, 10:27 AM   #184
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

^ it's been a week since it's happened now. he hasn't tried to contact me and i haven't seen any suspicious activity. like i said before, i'm hoping he has come to terms with this and simply lets it go. however, i have no guarantee that he won't ever try something in the future.

also, considering this dog was bought for his wife, she hasn't tried in any way, shape, or form to come see this dog. i'm not opposed to letting them visit him. in fact, it may be the best way to diffuse the situation so that i no longer have to worry about what may happen should i let my guard down. i know most of you guys are thinking "fuck this guy" and trust me, that's how i feel too but sometimes the best solution is a proactive one
Spoiler!
Old 06-21-2012, 11:36 AM   #185
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

rs beatdown crew on that guy if he tries anything =D
Porschedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 05:28 PM   #186
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,647 Times in 2,303 Posts
thought il post this here for a friend

FAMILY DOG MISSING!

Dog's Name: Tubbie
Breed: Chihuahua
Description: Colour: Mostly black with white chest, stomach and paws with brown markings all around and front left paw.
Size: About 8" tall
Weight: 5 lbs.
Personality: Timid and shakes a lot
Sex: Female (Spayed)
She was last seen at midnight of Friday, June 22nd, 2012. She escaped from home to look for the owner. Hence, she has no collar on.

REWARD: $300 +
If you have any information or have located her,

Please contact: (604)218-7203 or (604)762-2797
OR contact SPCA, City of Vancouver, your local vet, or any place of that accord.

THANK YOU

LOST BLACK CHIHUAHUA
Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 11:34 AM   #187
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Quick Update:

Went to the shelter today and happened to see the manager there. We talked about the previous owner and after I told her the sob story he gave me, she told me he had told her he was in the hospital and had lost the dog because of it.

This guy is seriously retarded! We all shook our heads at how stupid this guy is thinking that he could lie his way into getting the dog back and also that he could give us completely different stories without us ever discussing it.
Spoiler!
Old 07-05-2012, 12:20 PM   #188
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

I think he is retarded because: Lost his dog+found his dog which was near his house all this time+makes up sob story about wife leaving him because lost dog but he is actually retarded+makes up story which ends up failing miserably because hes retarded+lost his dog for good in the end because hes retarded and didn't even take good care of his dog, yet retarded. Probably crying at home in his corner after that....

Cuz retarded LOL

edit: Bring him to the Summer meet man, come on I want to walk him around like he's my dog and get all the ladies to go "oh hes so cute"

Oh wait its a Meat. In that case nvm

No jk I love dogs anyways. Please sir
BaoTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 07:18 PM   #189
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,814 Times in 8,189 Posts
I was just reminded of this thread yesterday, as I am in a similar situation.

There are these 3 puppies that roam around our village.. Nobody here knew where they came from, and one of our neighbours actually took them in for a while. As it turns out they "belong" to someone in a neighbouring village. Unfortunately, they aren't taking very good care of them. They roam around wherever they want, and we live right by a busy road...

We saw the owners maid come get them once, but that's it. Anyway, the dogs are super friendly, but are in rough shape. They are covered in scars, and quite dirty. Yesterday we spent an hour picking ticks off them.. they each had at least 15-20 ticks all over their bodies, including one fucking HUGE one inside her ear... like this tick was the size of the end of your finger

Anyway I'm not sure what to do... We did contact a housing shelter, but they said they don't do rescues, only abandonments. I guess we'll call SPCA, but the thing is the dogs aren't always around, and we can't really take them in...

This is a tough one for me... I would be pretty upset if someone took my dogs to the SPCA, but these people clearly arent' taking care of them at all...

I'll try to get a picture of them next time. 2 girls and 1 boy
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 07:28 PM   #190
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Put them on a plane to spoon.ek9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-06-2012, 12:18 AM   #191
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

^ LOL I think I have enough dogs as is

Skinny: I hope you can find a resolution for those pups. Some people just don't understand that these are lives (not possessions) they are dealing with. It's like BB's previous owner.. I didn't find his freaking scarf It's a life dammit!
Spoiler!
Old 07-06-2012, 05:06 AM   #192
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
If I had a house with a yard, hell, I'd say put'em on a plane to ME The wife is constantly browsing rescue sites and wishing she could save them all... figures if we get something with a little land, we can apply for a Hobby Kennel license and start Mini-Mutts Rescue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-06-2012, 05:50 AM   #193

I really wish we could take all three of them in, but we're not in the position to take in dogs right now. We'll do our best to take care of them when they come by, feeding them decent food, and ripping out all their ticks. I am guessing those tick medications are really expensive right?
Old 07-06-2012, 10:07 AM   #194
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Not sure about HK but i think it only costs around $20-$40 over here. It's been awhile since the last time I've done it for my boys so I can't remember the exact cost atm.

edit: Found out today it costs around $100-$120 but that's good enough for two large dogs or a bit more.
Spoiler!

Last edited by spoon.ek9; 07-09-2012 at 12:46 AM.
Old 07-08-2012, 10:02 PM   #195

They came back!

We think they escape when their "owners" neglect to feed them. I think one of our neighbors wants to take them in so we'll help him get them registered properly so he owns them legitimately
This post thanked by:
Old 07-09-2012, 12:40 AM   #196
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Hope they'll live a better life with the new owner if everything goes well. just reading this thread makes me want to hug my dog and never let him go. really sad how people do not give a shit or even have a heart for their own dogs. cant imagine how they'll treat their kids..
i-vtecyo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-09-2012, 12:49 AM   #197
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

that's a cute pic! three small dogs aren't a whole lot of work really. especially if they get along to begin with.
Spoiler!
This post thanked by:
Old 07-09-2012, 01:09 AM   #198

The girl on the left is the sweetest, most beta puppy you'll meet. The girl on the right is the least used to human interaction, but she loves us after we got rid of all her ticks. The boy at the top is a big sweetie. He loves belly rubs and loves to kiss your arm as you pet him.
Old 07-09-2012, 03:42 AM   #199

After talking to the neighbour, it looks like he wants to take in one of them (the sweet girl on the left). Unfortunately that doesn't help the other two, but I suppose it's better than nothing. All the villagers were swarming around gossiping, it was quite the sight. I hope the current "owners" give her up to him, and after that I hope we can convince him to take her in to get spayed and vaccinated. I'm pretty sure this can be done free? I hope so...
Old 07-09-2012, 03:44 AM   #200
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Cute pups! Hope something works out and they wind up in good hands
Prolowtone is offline   Reply With Quote