REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   HOW SMART IS REVSCENE [ 4 quick q's! ] (https://www.revscene.net/forums/661230-how-smart-revscene-%5B-4-quick-qs-%5D.html)

armin.vanb 01-13-2012 07:41 PM

HOW SMART IS REVSCENE [ 4 quick q's! ]

1 MINUTE ONLY - NO CHEATING !!! - post your answers below

http://i.imgur.com/wV0GV.png

My answers:

All equal
G
M
R

Spartacus 01-13-2012 07:46 PM

Spoiler!

Simplex123 01-13-2012 07:48 PM

1. A
2. G
3. M
4. R

dinosaur 01-13-2012 07:52 PM

agmr

V4NC1TY 01-13-2012 07:54 PM

A
G
M
R

ruthless 01-13-2012 07:55 PM

AGMR

Grim 01-13-2012 07:58 PM

A
G
K
R

Spectre_Cdn 01-13-2012 08:01 PM

AGKR

Simplex123 01-13-2012 08:02 PM

LOL OP your answer's wrong

Zyzz 01-13-2012 08:03 PM

This thread sucks.

Here is my own question.

10 people are lined up facing one direction, so each of them can only see the people infront of them. A randomized colour, white or black, hats are placed on top of each person's head. These people cannot see their own hats and can only see the colour of the people's hats infront of them.

Each person will be asked the colour of his own hats starting from the back, i.e. the person who sees all the hats. Each person will be allowed to say black or white only, and if hes wrong, hes dead, and if hes right, he lives.

Think of a solution that 9 people survives.

armin.vanb 01-13-2012 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zyzz (Post 7760038)
This thread sucks.

Here is my own question.

10 people are lined up facing one direction, so each of them can only see the people infront of them. A randomized colour, white or black, hats are placed on top of each person's head. These people cannot see their own hats and can only see the colour of the people's hats infront of them.

Each person will be asked the colour of his own hats starting from the back, i.e. the person who sees all the hats. Each person will be allowed to say black or white only, and if hes wrong, hes dead, and if hes right, he lives.

http://i.imgur.com/pzbRr.gif

Zyzz 01-13-2012 08:10 PM

and you even got your own answers wrong too on this simple question OP before the edit

what a fucking retard

mb_ 01-13-2012 08:10 PM

AGKR

AzNightmare 01-13-2012 08:55 PM

All of you guys answers G... Can you guys explain.
I see that the boat is the lowest. But isn't the water line on things
floating in water dependent on the overall size of the object?

I could be wrong of course. But i'm thinking like how when you see an iceBerg,
There's an equal amount under water that there is sticking up above the ocean.

So a boat lower to the water just means the bottom in not as deep?
Not necessarily more heavy?
Posted via RS Mobile

jpark 01-13-2012 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zyzz (Post 7760048)
and you even got your own answers wrong too on this simple question OP before the edit

what a fucking retard

lol usomad

anyways..
A
G
M
R

rocksforsale 01-13-2012 09:06 PM

Quote:

since you didnt mention if they are allowed to communicate or if they can only say one word:

if the first person tells or yells everyone's colors out
OR
if the first person sacrifices himself and says the color of the person in front of theirs and so on. But then again if the first person guesses right, 10 ppl all survive

"proper answer" where they arnt allowed to communicate
Spoiler!

Gumby 01-13-2012 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AzNightmare (Post 7760087)
All of you guys answers G... Can you guys explain.
I see that the boat is the lowest. But isn't the water line on things
floating in water dependent on the overall size of the object?

I could be wrong of course. But i'm thinking like how when you see an iceBerg,
There's an equal amount under water that there is sticking up above the ocean.

So a boat lower to the water just means the bottom in not as deep?
Not necessarily more heavy?
Posted via RS Mobile

I had the same thoughts - but if you look at the question again, it states that all 4 ships are identical (in size). Therefore, you can deduce that G has the heaviest load.

MG1 01-13-2012 09:14 PM

^Unless the ballast tanks are unequal...........

A
Cannot tell
M
R

carisear 01-13-2012 09:18 PM

Quote:

This thread sucks.

Here is my own question.

Spoiler!

btw, is the op in grade 3?

rocksforsale 01-13-2012 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MG1 (Post 7760102)
^Unless the ballast tanks are unequal..........

lol lets not get technical here

and can someone explain each answer? i just want to know if my reasoning is right

A-smallest wheel=smaller diameter=>smaller circumference, so less "ground to cover" when rolling

G- identicle sizes, and the deepest one into the water has more load

M- when water reaches it, the protruding contact point will absorb/divert the energy/impact

R - bigger handle? too obvious?

Gumby 01-13-2012 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocksforsale (Post 7760112)
lol lets not get technical here

and can someone explain each answer? i just want to know if my reasoning is right

A-smallest wheel=smaller diameter=>smaller circumference, so less "ground to cover" when rolling

G- identicle sizes, and the deepest one into the water has more load

M- when water reaches it, the protruding contact point will absorb/divert the energy/impact

R - bigger handle? too obvious?

I agree with your reasoning, except I'm not too sure about the dam question...

As for Question #4, I can't really explain it, but it has something to do with the distance from the pivot point/fulcrum. :D

xilley 01-13-2012 09:28 PM

AGMR

Hehe 01-13-2012 09:28 PM

A
Can't tell (because commercial boats are designed to be able to control its height relative to cruise condition)
M
All the same because there is no option for can't tell... you can only make certain if you know the size of the thing (assuming fingers in this place) and points pf applying pressure. Assuming it's dead center for all 4 and finger is same size as the smallest key (so the biggest key isn't distributing the weight in a wider area)... it's all the same.

tiger_handheld 01-13-2012 09:29 PM

A
F
L
R

BillyBishop 01-13-2012 09:30 PM

Other than the question about the dam that most people probably don't know the answer to, the other questions are dead giveaways compared to other tests that mock common-sense.

A
G
M
R