REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Fashion & Shopping

Fashion & Shopping Blackmarkers. A Filtered Selection of Clothing, Footwear and Accessories.
Gotta stay fresh! Latest fashion trends, new clothing lines, mega sales events, and awesome deals..

Old 01-19-2012, 03:34 PM   #51
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 1,288 Times in 409 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsideon View Post
Good for you, so because you have massive internet balls, do you just wear a wifebeater and track pants? Mr. Big Man you.

nono it's the other way around, it's because I have a Porsche, I can't afford anything else

It sounds like you are wrapped up like a stuffed Thanksgiving turkey. This has nothing to do with being a man or not. Does that mean because you are wearing half of MEC's clothing line out to work that you can wear a tanktop in -9 and feel nothing? I call BS. Hypocrites grind my gears...

Well you can be all the "man" you want to be. Next time I see some douchebag poseur standing at the bus stop next to me in -5 weather wearing a wifebeater and tear-aways I'll be sure to ask him if he's related to Iceman-19 on RS cuz he is "DA MAN"
Advertisement
Iceman-19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 04:00 PM   #52
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 2,048 Times in 812 Posts
Canada Goose for Vancouver? Give me a break. You are reeming out guys who are saying man up. You get a week of cold weather a year. Wear a thermal layer underneath whatever you normally wear during winter and you will be as warm as you need to be.

I had a Canada Goose Parka. The minute I left the arctic I sold it on the spot, and I spend a lot of time outdoors in Ottawa. Canada Goose is becoming more mainstream and stylish these days, and for that it is completely over priced. I mean it's sold at Holt Renfrew in Ontario for f's sake.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-19-2012, 04:13 PM   #53
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,079 Times in 368 Posts
One other thing to keep warm. Make sure you eat food, just keep shoveling food down the hatch and you should have enough energy to survive the cold.

I work "outside" all day in North Vancouver and all I've been wearing is a t-shirt, paradox base layer top, nike hoody, carhart vest, paradox base layer bottom, carhart pants, socks, and blundstone steelcap boots. That's actually not much clothing at all.

I say "outside," because the houses I'm working on right now have no doors or windows or insulation. It's colder working in these wind tunnels than it actually is outside.

If you kids actually ate something maybe you wouldn't have to buy $9999.99 Canada goose egg jackets.

I didn't even buy a Milwaukee heated jacket as of yet, because I'm too cheap. Maybe next year.
Base layer and some good socks is all you need.
Old 01-19-2012, 04:15 PM   #54
Ebisu Boss

Thanked 1,258 Times in 474 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hud 91gt View Post
Canada Goose for Vancouver? Give me a break. You are reeming out guys who are saying man up. You get a week of cold weather a year. Wear a thermal layer underneath whatever you normally wear during winter and you will be as warm as you need to be.

I had a Canada Goose Parka. The minute I left the arctic I sold it on the spot, and I spend a lot of time outdoors in Ottawa. Canada Goose is becoming more mainstream and stylish these days, and for that it is completely over priced. I mean it's sold at Holt Renfrew in Ontario for f's sake.
Ok well first of all I have only heard of Canada Goose, I have never personally seen one let alone try one on. Hence the reason I made a posting on Revscene to ask for opinions and reviews.
I was not reeming anyone, I was merely pointing out the fact that wanting to dress comfortably for Winter does not warrant a contest of having the biggest testicles.
I think after this interesting ordeal I'm gonna look for a thermal long sleeve to wear underneath and be done with, gonna check out MEC tomorrow
Obsideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 04:15 PM   #55
Banned By Establishment

Heated jackets, hahahahha. Rediculous.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 01-19-2012, 04:17 PM   #56
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
^ Ok well first of all I have only heard of Canada Goose, I have never personally seen one let alone try one on. Hence the reason I made a posting on Revscene to ask for opinions and reviews.
I was not reeming anyone, I was merely pointing out the fact that wanting to dress comfortably for Winter does not warrant a contest of having the biggest testicles.
I think after this interesting ordeal I will find a thermal long sleeve to wear underneath, gonna check out MEC tomorrow
If you need to ask people you don't know what you need to wear to dress warm, I think you need to crawl back home to mommy and daddy and grab a soother to suck on. Mommy can dress her little baby, bundle you up night and tight!
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 01-19-2012, 04:18 PM   #57
Ebisu Boss

Lo and behold, something we agree on! Heated jackets is a tad overboard hehe
Old 01-19-2012, 04:22 PM   #58
Ebisu Boss

... it's called asking for a 2nd opinion ... you know what I don't even know why I bother to reply to you anymore lol ... Obvious troll is obvious!
Old 01-19-2012, 04:43 PM   #59
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,823 Times in 1,748 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matlock View Post

If you kids actually ate something maybe you wouldn't have to buy $9999.99 Canada goose egg jackets.
But then how would they fit in there skinny jeans?

Dusty Nuggets Rusty Shackleford Cuntar
Manic! is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-19-2012, 04:57 PM   #60
PJ
My name is PJ and I like dogs.

Thanked 1,679 Times in 530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hud 91gt View Post

Not reeming anyone out. Just getting annyoing how people come into the Fashion forum and criticize others for wanting to buy a nice jacket. I should be failing every single one of Iceman's posts.

Base layer? Thermal layer? We live in Vancouver. Do you wanna be sitting at Cactus Club with 4 layers of clothing on? That's why people in the city have those jackets. So they can just wear a t-shirt or dress shirt underneath.

I do agree with you on how Canada Goose is becoming too much of a status symbol. And because of that, I will never buy one.

Quote:
... it's called asking for a 2nd opinion ... you know what I don't even know why I bother to reply to you anymore lol ... Obvious troll is obvious!
Have some sympathy.. He works in Alberta.. Everyone struts around in steel toe boots and snowboard jackets.

Hello my name is PJ.

Buy/Sell Feedback 1-0-0

Last edited by PJ; 01-19-2012 at 05:10 PM.
PJ is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-19-2012, 05:51 PM   #61
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

it will be regular weather again by the time you figure out what to get from this thread. lol
This post thanked by:
Old 01-19-2012, 06:06 PM   #62
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

its better to get used to the cold.

wore a tee n cargos outside cleaning a car for an hour. after 10min your body adjust.

even seen kids snowboard with tee and shorts on grouse.
Posted via RS Mobile
jasonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 06:08 PM   #63
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

applies to vancouver only where it can never dip to -30.

your sol up in alberta.
Posted via RS Mobile
jasonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 10:42 PM   #64
It's like going crazy when you're already nuts

Thanked 2,168 Times in 565 Posts
If you're still interested in base layer sport chek has a bogo 1/2 off deal going on. Picked up a matching set of Columbia base layer for ~110 tax in.
Posted via RS Mobile
jing is offline   Reply With Quote