REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   car wash place in Richmond? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/661575-car-wash-place-richmond.html)

AKUMA_Z 01-19-2012 12:08 AM

car wash place in Richmond?

I previously went to some hand car wash place where I pay for 3 months and go whenever I want to.
It was awesome for the money I paid and my car was always CLEAN.
However, I learned that they use cheap stuff including the acidic solution for rims and such.
Also, I HEARD things like "them having to wash many cars in short period of time, the sponge they use can catch debris from other cars and end up scratching your paint".

so I want to avoid those places.
However, I want to have someone to wash my car professionally without damaging the paint (because I take 2~3 hours to really clean the car and this semester's schedule doesn't allow me to do that).
I would like to pay some shop certain money and just go there to wash anytime instead of paying 20~30 bucks each time..

anyone know a place that might do that?

Sky_High 01-19-2012 12:15 AM

:lawl:

Do we really need a new "Where to wash my car...." thread after everytime the snow hits for half a day?

- kT 01-19-2012 12:41 AM

give some detailing places a call. all car wash only places are going to half ass the job and likely leave swirl marks because they get paid per customer, not per hour..and therefore, the more cars they get through, the more income they get. naturally, shortcuts will be taken

the absolute best way is always hand washing yourself, but you've stated that you can't do that, so if you want a top notch job i'm sure some detail places offer a wash only service. gonna have to pay to play though

FerrariEnzo 01-19-2012 04:19 AM

i would suggest to avoid any car wash until the winter is over completely.. not even when the sun shines for 1 day... everyone rushing to wash their car thats all dirty and salty...

Just take it to self serve car wash and just hose it down nicely, especially in the wheel wells and under the car if you can get at it... so you can get most of the sand/salt out..

no point spending money for 1 day of sun shine...

jasonc 01-19-2012 06:41 AM

almost every detailing shop uses a acid wheel wash. i worked at land rover as a detailer and the only way to take off brake dust is to spar acid wait and wash. and we charge 300 a detail.

should go to a touchless car wash or pay the money and go to high end detail shop.

the non acid phd balanced wheel wash that takes off everything can cost 30 a small spray bottle. so its not cost efficent for a 20 wash.
Posted via RS Mobile

Szeto 01-19-2012 08:14 AM

now you care about the washing after picking up a 1M ;) j/k

there is a popular cay wash by hand across from Q1 most of their clients are high end cars or luxury cars. Go check it out.

AKUMA_Z 01-19-2012 07:49 PM

^ I used to go to that place until I got lipkit for my 370z. I was happy with how cheap 3 month pass was and all, but my friend who is a professional detailer working in downtown told me to avoid those places.. i dunno i'm still in search.

NLY 01-19-2012 07:56 PM

The only way to do it right is to do it by yourself. It takes time and effort but at least you know there aren't any harmful elements ruining your vehicle.

There are mobile car detail companies you can pay and they will come wash your vehicle. I think they run around $150-$200 but if you're on time constraints, its convenient.

LuHua 01-19-2012 08:46 PM

I think most detailing places have a car was service that's much cheaper than that 150-200 you're listing...I mean you're not looking for a clay and wax as well, a regular wash would likely be under $50. Only differences with the auto spas/detailers is that they tend to be more careful with the car; their job is to make it look good, not worse than before.

Limitless 01-20-2012 01:42 AM

Car washes :s You should try the touchless one by No 4 and Steveston I think? It's called washworld, I havent been there this winter but last year they had this winter deal going on for $8 a wash. Washes the underbody of your car as well and it does a pretty good job at taking out the salt without damaging the paint.
Posted via RS Mobile

pastarocket 01-20-2012 09:51 AM

+1. Washworld is recommended.

TRDood 01-20-2012 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pastarocket (Post 7768586)
+1. Washworld is recommended.

I went to washworld two nights ago when it was minus 6. The machine froze and it left soap all over my car.
Posted via RS Mobile

BaoTurbo 01-20-2012 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRDood (Post 7768588)
I went to washworld two nights ago when it was minus 6. The machine froze and it left soap all over my car.
Posted via RS Mobile

-6. Hose spitting out water gets frozen. Hmmmm :suspicious:

AKUMA_Z 01-21-2012 02:31 PM

i ended up settling with kings autospa. Swirlmarks might appear on the paint, but i can always go have it detailed every once in a while right?
Posted via RS Mobile

blee123 02-06-2012 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AKUMA_Z (Post 7769908)
i ended up settling with kings autospa. Swirlmarks might appear on the paint, but i can always go have it detailed every once in a while right?
Posted via RS Mobile

i think i need to hit up Kings auto spa soon, do they have a service where they clean your rims too? sorry for a noob question but i havent taken my car to a car wash place ever because i would usually just do it myself.

How is their pricing like for a full wash ( whole exterior, rims etc)?

AKUMA_Z 02-06-2012 11:49 PM

they clean your rims too as they wash your car.
I got 3 months unlimited wash for $150 + tax.
For drop in, i think it's $25 for a regular car?
SUVs and trucks cost bit more.

Anjew 02-07-2012 01:07 AM

unlimited... and drop in is only 25????

how often are you planning on going back in a 3 month period to do $25 quality washes?

blee123 02-07-2012 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AKUMA_Z (Post 7788466)

thanks for the reply ! So $25 plus tax for a regular car? If i am a drop in, do i have to make an appointment? how long is the whole washing process ?

FerrariEnzo 02-07-2012 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AKUMA_Z (Post 7788466)

$150 is pretty good.. go once a week... is the price same year round?

CharlieH 02-07-2012 03:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AKUMA_Z (Post 7769908)
Posted via RS Mobile

king's autospa's pretty good. dad got a 3 month unlimited pass for 200 bucks or something like that. gets his car washed there every 3-4 days lol

blee123 02-07-2012 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CharlieH (Post 7788564)
king's autospa's pretty good. dad got a 3 month unlimited pass for 200 bucks or something like that. gets his car washed there every 3-4 days lol

:lawl: :awwyeah:

z3german 02-07-2012 11:55 AM

I hear good things about Mr. Sparkles in richmond near the burger king.

-1 for washworld, there was a glitch with the machine where you could put a empty gift card in there and it would still worked. I went even several times a day even using the most expensive wash, it cant wash off some dotty marks that i can easily rub off with my finger, rub is too harsh a word even, just a light streak i can clean that dotty stuff off. Plus the drier is scary as hell when youre right under the roof.

blee123 02-07-2012 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by z3german (Post 7788763)
I hear good things about Mr. Sparkles in richmond near the burger king.

-1 for washworld, there was a glitch with the machine where you could put a empty gift card in there and it would still worked. I went even several times a day even using the most expensive wash, it cant wash off some dotty marks that i can easily rub off with my finger, rub is too harsh a word even, just a light streak i can clean that dotty stuff off. Plus the drier is scary as hell when youre right under the roof.

so you are still complaining even when u didnt have to pay? :lawl:

z3german 02-07-2012 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blee123 (Post 7788776)
so you are still complaining even when u didnt have to pay? :lawl:

:fuckyea::troll:

Supafly 02-07-2012 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by z3german (Post 7788782)
:fuckyea::troll:

which one..haha, im gonna take my beater through it...lol:awwyeah: