REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 01-22-2012, 01:14 PM   #1
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Riot Photos Released by Vancouver Sun to Police Open to Public

No one's posted this yet?

Vancouver Sun photos of the riot. There are 12 parts, so don't stop at 136 photos.

PNGphoto.com

Last year, Pacific Newspaper Group (The Province and The Vancouver Sun) successfully fought a court order to surrender to the Vancouver Police Department all images and video produced by our respective newsrooms on the night of the Stanley Cup riot.

The VPD modified its original application to the court and a new order to surrender images and video was delivered late last year to both newsrooms.

Based on legal opinion, Pacific Newspaper Group will comply with the order and deliver the materials to the VPD by the Jan. 21 deadline.

As a result of this decision, The Vancouver Sun and The Province have decided to make all the images we intend to surrender to police available first to our readers. The following images and videos represent the entirety of materials we will deliver, through our lawyer, to the VPD.

If you have any questions or concerns, you can contact Province editor-in-chief Wayne Moriarty at wmoriarty@theprovince.com or Vancouver Sun deputy managing editor Harold Munro at hmunro@vancouversun.com
Advertisement
DasHooch is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-22-2012, 01:23 PM   #2
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,259 Times in 439 Posts

"SUP BITCHHHH!"

LOL, I love this guy
TheKingdom2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 01:27 PM   #3
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
Oh riot...I'm a little tired of you.

Gang warfare on our streets have resulted in press conferences, and even a teary address by the mayor when it gets a little close to home. Number of arrests? I'm too lazy to look it up, but its safe to say few, if any.

Women were going missing in the DTES by the dozen, and you couldn't pay people to even admit there was a possibility of a serial killer operating there for the longest time.

BUT smash some fucking windows, and we will pursue you to the last ounce of resistance has been publicly beaten out of you.

Before you fail-I know, I'm way over simplifying, and I do so sarcastically. It just doesn't seem to be all that productive. You get Christy Crunch wanting public show trials and all this shit...sending teams to analyze every inch of tape in Indiana at god knows what per hour just seems overkill to me.

I want justice like anyone else, but I want it to be within some type of logic and reason.
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-22-2012, 01:28 PM   #4
YOU CANT CUT BACK ON FUNDING! YOU WILL REGRET THIS

Thanked 3,072 Times in 1,035 Posts
JASSSONNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-22-2012, 01:30 PM   #5
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,678 Times in 1,770 Posts
Derulo.
TOS'd is online now   Reply With Quote