REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 01-25-2012, 11:49 AM   #26
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,090 Times in 773 Posts
pretty easy to eat healthy at a honger cafe

just order mix and match, and get porkchop/lambchop, skip the rice, go easy on the sauce.

done.
Advertisement
Meowjin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-25-2012, 07:14 PM   #27
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
Ask for less sugar in your drink or none. Taiwanese places especially dump pounds of sugar in the drinks.
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 07:20 PM   #28
HR
Oh goodie, 5 posts already!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAnthony View Post
saw this on my FB feed

"What does this picture tell you? My doctor has had this "processed food" on her counter ever since 2010 and 2011 respectively. I asked her why she had it out, she stated "to show people what they are putting into their bodies". This is man-made "processed food", not real food. Over time real food will decay, grow mold and produce a decomposing odor. This "processed food" has not done any of that, matter of fact it has kept it's original size, shape and texture. Your body has to work harder to breakdown and digest this stuff over real food. Since I've seen this, I have not had any fast food. #tyingtolivebetterin2012"
still fresh
HR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 08:48 PM   #29
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Thanked 8,510 Times in 799 Posts
^i dont get the point of that picture.. :S doesnt the food get shitted out within a day anyways..?
Okami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 08:51 PM   #30
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 22,268 Times in 7,384 Posts
The point of the picture is that ignorant people use it to build a "straw man" argument.

In other words, instead of attacking the food itself and whether it's healthy or not, they take other, completely insignificant things, such as how long it takes to grow mold, or that it is reasonably priced, or that it comes wrapped in paper, or whatever else these people think makes McDonalds automatically unhealthy.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-25-2012, 10:11 PM   #31
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,440 Times in 2,075 Posts
The great thing about this thread (to me, anyway) is that I was busy eating my McDonalds breakfast this morning when I was reading through it.

Only thing it did was make me a little sad I didn't order the pancakes as well.
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote