REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 01-29-2012, 10:56 AM   #1
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 3,492 Times in 1,176 Posts
Honour Killings

Pretty fucked up case...

Global News | Jury convicts 3 Shafia family members of first degree murder

Wonder that type of sentence they will get.
Advertisement
dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 11:11 AM   #2
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,105 Times in 540 Posts
I hope this sends a message to those protesting for Sharia (aka Islamic) law in Canada. While many claim honour killings are not part of Sharia law, Sharia law does not treat men and women equal and these killings to happen by those with extreme interpretations of Islamic law.

I'm glad the judge put it this way:
Quote:
your completely twisted concept of honour...that has absolutely no place in any civilized society
taylor192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 11:12 AM   #3
I bringith the lowerballerith

Hope these 3 enjoy their honour rapings in jail,along with a healthy serving of 3 square meals of dick in the mouth.
spyker is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-29-2012, 11:35 AM   #4
Old School RS

Thanked 3,954 Times in 1,205 Posts
It is about time. For once, Canada has actually squashed the nonsensical fanaticism imported by some extremist immigrants. It's not okay in Afghanistan and it's not okay here. Neither I, nor our country, condones the death penalty, yet, I could not think of a set of more deserving recipients than this family.

Mark
Old 01-29-2012, 12:07 PM   #5
TMT
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

fucking fucked up fuckers
TMT is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-29-2012, 12:17 PM   #6
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,169 Times in 1,551 Posts
Murder one is the only way it should've gone down. I was reading some "notable" quotes from the trial. Some chilling stuff in there:

news1130
Spoiler!
Old 01-29-2012, 12:17 PM   #7
Old School RS

Thanked 3,954 Times in 1,205 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinosaur View Post
Wonder that type of sentence they will get.
1st degree murder = automatic life in prison, minimum 25 years before parole.

Mark
Old 01-29-2012, 01:35 PM   #8
I Wanna Go Fast!

Thanked 2,390 Times in 586 Posts
As I stated in the other thread on this trial, please deport these pieces of shit out of my country. Their citizenship (if they even have it) and all Canadian immigration status should be revoked. They can go serve their life sentences in the shitty country they emigrated from. Fuck them.
JDął is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-29-2012, 02:17 PM   #9
Fabulous Rugby Quad Sports Mod

I still can't believe the first words out of his mouth were "We did not commit a murder and this is unjust."

Does he not get it? The evidence is RIGHT THERE.What a sick bastard, I hope they put him away for a very long time.
RacingMetro92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 02:22 PM   #10
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Thanked 1,830 Times in 233 Posts
religion of peace

Last edited by nsmb; 01-29-2012 at 04:44 PM.
nsmb is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-29-2012, 02:28 PM   #11
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,105 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDął View Post
As I stated in the other thread on this trial, please deport these pieces of shit out of my country. Their citizenship (if they even have it) and all Canadian immigration status should be revoked. They can go serve their life sentences in the shitty country they emigrated from. Fuck them.
Likely they'd get a slap on the wrist or nothing at all in their home country.

Lock'em up here to serve their punishment, then deport them.
taylor192 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-29-2012, 03:04 PM   #12
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Thanked 1,502 Times in 506 Posts
^ This. Make them serve their punishment, and as a finale send them away when they're done.
dangonay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 03:18 PM   #13
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,383 Times in 3,465 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Form>Function View Post
I still can't believe the first words out of his mouth were "We did not commit a murder and this is unjust."

Does he not get it? The evidence is RIGHT THERE.What a sick bastard, I hope they put him away for a very long time.
What do you want him to say, I did it throw me in jail?
Old 01-29-2012, 03:30 PM   #14
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

well they just killed 3 people in a nation that does not support their extreme ideas. they should have known that they would have been sent to jail.

that alone explains a lot into what kind of people they are and how they operate mentally
Anjew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 03:39 PM   #15
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyker View Post
Hope these 3 enjoy their honour rapings in jail,along with a healthy serving of 3 square meals of dick in the mouth.
we can only hope

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-29-2012, 03:57 PM   #16
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsmb View Post
religion on peace
sharia law isn't a part of the religion; it was the desert culture that used the religion to support their ideals on the rule of law so they nitpick and bend what they can to have their way

its like a get out of jail free card to those in power they say "oh its sharia" so you cant protest because people there equate sharia to their bible even though it isnt

also each country has their own version of sharia law; since its not like the quran thats set in stone so to speak; each culture or despot or nation has their own rule of law and they plaster "sharia" over it as a means to prevent protest

it has nothing to do with the religion it has everything to do with politicians trying to get their way and warping religion to get it (like evangelicals wanting to go to war or evangelicals wanting to make muslims seem completely crazy)

back on topic im glad the jury finally came to a conclusion i was getting concerned there, fucking disgusting crime they should get some saudi sharia justice (saudi sharia is unbelievably cruel)

Last edited by StylinRed; 01-29-2012 at 05:30 PM.
StylinRed is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-29-2012, 04:01 PM   #17
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,782 Times in 1,242 Posts
Don't need retards like this in Canada, get rid of em.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangonay View Post
^ This. Make them serve their punishment, and as a finale send them away when they're done.
So pay to feed and house them?
Old 01-29-2012, 04:24 PM   #18
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Yup. We're going to pay $100,000/year each to house them for life. All of us taxpayers. In China they execute the same day, and charge the guilty party's family for the bullet. Fact.

The fucked up country we live in.
achiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 04:30 PM   #19
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,383 Times in 3,465 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by achiam View Post
Yup. We're going to pay $100,000/year each to house them for life. All of us taxpayers. In China they execute the same day, and charge the guilty party's family for the bullet. Fact.

And China's a awesome country way better than Canada.

Last edited by Manic!; 01-29-2012 at 08:17 PM.
Manic! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 04:32 PM   #20
The sound of inevitability

Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
sharia law isn't a part of the religion; it was the desert culture that used the religion to support there ideals on the rule of law so they nitpick and bend what they can to have their way

its like a get out of jail free card to those in power they say "oh its sharia" so you cant protest because people there equate sharia to their bible even though it isnt

also each country has their own version of sharia law; since its not like the quran thats set in stone so to speak; each culture or despot or nation has their own rule of law and they plaster "sharia" over it as a means to prevent protest

it has nothing to do with the religion it has everything to do with politicians trying to get their way and warping religion to get it (like evangelicals wanting to go to war or evangelicals wanting to make muslims seem completely crazy)

back on topic im glad the jury finally came to a conclusion i was getting concerned there, fucking disgusting crime they should get some saudi sharia justice (saudi sharia is unbelievably cruel)

Glad you brought that up. It's why I'm no longer a Sunni or Shia Muslim.

Sorry, stoning for adultery, punishing homosexuality in any sort of way, murder for apostasy and other stupid shit is not something I can believe in.

It's why I only Follow the Koran it self.
But this shit is so ingrained into their culture that for those who don't know better will think "hey, that's Islam" when in fact, it's not. It's actually the opposite.

The only ocean creature you can call yourself is the giant squid. He's the destroyer of ships, and the eater of seamen. At least you share one of those traits.
-Hypa

mixed girls that look predominatly asian with subtle caucasian features=what i'd give my left nut for
-6chr0nic4
The7even is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 05:09 PM   #21
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 1,669 Times in 147 Posts
anyone give quick notes on what they done in point form?
sindragon is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-29-2012, 05:12 PM   #22
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
there was already a thread on this exact thing where we all had a fairly civil and informative discussion, why was this one created, maybe a thread merge is in order ?

But like I said in the other thread, simply put there really isn't a need to bring religion into this, these honor killings are tribal customs of these regions going way back long before Islam even came to the lands.
Old 01-29-2012, 07:21 PM   #23
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 3,492 Times in 1,176 Posts
^ I thought I had seen the thread, but when I searched for it, I could not find it. Sorry.

I did not necessarily intend for this thread to be about religion/belief structure/cultural ideals, but merely a thread pointing out that the trial had finally ended and a ruling had finally been made. It seems to be a rare occurrence (I could be very wrong) that a person (or persons, in this case) are actually tried and convicted for first degree murder.

This got a little bit of attention when it first happened, but it had kind of fallen under the radar out here as opposed to back east. I had personally totally forgot about it until the last couple days.

Also, I just want to add that I think this thread has remained civil so far...
dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 08:31 PM   #24
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,782 Times in 1,242 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinosaur View Post
^ I thought I had seen the thread, but when I searched for it, I could not find it. Sorry.

I did not necessarily intend for this thread to be about religion/belief structure/cultural ideals, but merely a thread pointing out that the trial had finally ended and a ruling had finally been made. It seems to be a rare occurrence (I could be very wrong) that a person (or persons, in this case) are actually tried and convicted for first degree murder.
Surely you're joking
Old 01-29-2012, 08:32 PM   #25
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Thanked 1,502 Times in 506 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GabAlmighty View Post
Don't need retards like this in Canada, get rid of em.

So pay to feed and house them?
Quote:
Originally Posted by achiam View Post

Yes, pay and house to feed them. What's the alternative? Ship them out and say "It's OK to kill someone in Canada - the worst that will happen is we'll send you back to your own country". That tells other people with similar beliefs that they can commit murder and get away with it.

We're fucked up? So maybe we should bring back executions even though it's been proven the death penalty has no effect on crime reduction. And forget about appeals or legal proceedings - let's execute immediately after the trial is over. And we execute a few innocent people along the way it's perfectly OK - as long as most of them were bad.
dangonay is offline   Reply With Quote