REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Old 01-31-2012, 08:00 PM   #26
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
^Not to mention, cops get crapped on for using a taser, so they take the taser away, and then they get crap because they had to shoot a guy and "should have used the taser on him instead!"
Advertisement
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 03:07 PM   #27
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Thanked 4,079 Times in 295 Posts
Justifying use of force:
Person attacking you in your home and you shoot them - I would see that being justified.

You startling a home intruder who then tries to run away and you shoot them in the back - not justified.

That's just the way I see it.
socialenemy69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 04:26 PM   #28
The Lone Wanderator

Thanked 4,367 Times in 1,137 Posts
One of the problems with this kind of discussion is that it would be a mitigating factor on what us or isn't justified. If you make plans and reason out the farthest you can go legally, the judge and prosecutor would look at that as a conscious judgement to do harm to someone while doing your best to not seen as though you were doing harm.

So you have to be rational and justified and not excessive...but you can't try to figure out what that is until you are inan emotionally charged and panic inducing situation which you will then beer judged on.

Oh, Canada.
Posted via RS Mobile
Graeme S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 07:15 PM   #29
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
And they let those mentally ill people running around downtown.... I was rushed from behind and pushed onto the street on the way to work by one of those crazy people. Ended up walking away after realizing he's crazy, literally.

You have people who are clearly in the wrong, apprehended by the the police and god forbid if they have one scratch, they would be awarded hundreds of thousands dollars. It's payday for them and who endure the burden? Tax payers who work their ass off and get as much as 50% of their income taken away.

I'm so upset reading that story. The family should have been charged with negligence. If your family is crazy, fucking control them, send them to an institution where people can take care of them. Fucking let them running around and then cry foul when somebody harm them in self-defense. What's up with that new fad? "I'm not in control of my action so whatever the fuck I do, I'm not guilty". Fuck, you could massacre the whole town and you would be innocent as long as a lawyer can prove you're crazy.

"This fight is not about money". Go suck a d****. When you sue in civil court, seeking damages, you're fucking milling for money.

Last edited by Nlkko; 02-01-2012 at 07:21 PM.
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 08:02 PM   #30
I subscribe to Revscene

I know the paramedic who was there - the judge is out to lunch with that ruling.

Support Road safety through education, not speed enforcement.
sebberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 09:57 AM   #31
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by socialenemy69 View Post
Justifying use of force:
Person attacking you in your home and you shoot them - I would see that being justified.

You startling a home intruder who then tries to run away and you shoot them in the back - not justified.

That's just the way I see it.
If you're the kind of scumbag who would break into someone's house and steal their hard earned money; you deserve to have them shove a gun down your throat and fire away. Shooting you in the back is a nice gesture.
wstce92 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-03-2012, 05:40 AM   #32
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 1,726 Times in 302 Posts
I just read an article the other week about this. This happened in the states though. Have a look

Sarah McKinley: Teen mom shoots dead intruder Justin Shane Martin looking for prescription drugs | Mail Online
tomatogunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 09:23 AM   #33
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstce92 View Post
If you're the kind of scumbag who would break into someone's house and steal their hard earned money; you deserve to have them shove a gun down your throat and fire away. Shooting you in the back is a nice gesture.
What the fuck is wrong with you.

Related to the topic

Last edited by Fuhrėr-Z; 03-03-2012 at 09:29 AM.
Fuhrėr-Z is offline   Reply With Quote