REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 01-30-2012, 10:17 PM   #1
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
Extended medical/dental/etc options.

What are the options out there for extended medical/dental/etc coverage for a small business owner? I am not looking for something for my employees, just individually for myself.

What sort of coverage and premiums do you guys have? and thru who?
Advertisement
Old 01-30-2012, 10:20 PM   #2
Peanut Butter Jelly with a Baseball Bat!

the only provider which has options for individual plans i believe would be PBC aka Pacific Blue Cross. Most other companies do group insurance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
this aint mcdonalds, smiles aren't free.
Peanut Butter Jelly Time! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 10:45 PM   #3
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
I believe Sunlife does individual plans as well. Was going through the site while inputting information for a claim I was doing and remembered seeing something about it.

Edit: That was easy...

http://www.sunlife.ca/Plan/Health/Pe...path=%2FHealth

It'll definitely not be as cheap as if you were with a group plan, however give them a call. It's worth finding out anyway.
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 10:49 PM   #4
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 3,492 Times in 1,176 Posts
+1 for Blue Cross. You can get a quote for your monthly cost on their online calculator.
Posted via RS Mobile
dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 11:04 PM   #5
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomac View Post
I believe Sunlife does individual plans as well. Was going through the site while inputting information for a claim I was doing and remembered seeing something about it.

Edit: That was easy...

Sun Life Financial - Personal Health Insurance

It'll definitely not be as cheap as if you were with a group plan, however give them a call. It's worth finding out anyway.
There is sunlife, great west life, blue cross.

However I dont recommend sunlife because their customer support is terrible. I was supposed to get a check back for $200 since i cancelled my insurance with school, and they said it would be delivered sometime in January. So it's almost the end of January and i follow up, and they haven't even mailed it out yet. During my chat with the rep, she had this horrible attitude towards me making it seem like it was MY fault for opting out of the insurance coverage.
dyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 04:09 PM   #6
Need my Daily Fix of RS

company i work for uses Great West Life. They're based out of Winnipeg i think. Pretty sure they offer individual plans
Posted via RS Mobile
ZordosZZ is offline   Reply With Quote