REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Lamborghini SUV Confirmed For Beijing Debut (https://www.revscene.net/forums/662339-lamborghini-suv-confirmed-beijing-debut.html)

bakasam 02-01-2012 07:39 PM

Lamborghini SUV Confirmed For Beijing Debut

http://www.autoguide.com/gallery/gal...hini-suv-1.jpg

Quote:

After much speculation, Lamborghini has finally officially confirmed development and production for its new super-SUV, its first truck since the original Rambo Lambo LM002.

According to a well-placed source at Audi, its Italian supercar subsidiary is hard at work on the project and are aiming to make a grand unveiling of its brand new SUV/crossover concept for the 2012 Beijing Motor Show. The Audi manager could provide little information but did respond, “I can’t comment in detail but the speculation in the press is largely correct.” Lamborghini itself has yet to make any statements.

Initial speculations on the Lambo-ute suggested a version of the V10 powerplant sourced from the Gallardo. What’s more, while alternative-energy power plants go against the Italian supercarmaker’s traditions, a possible hybrid drivetrain capable of 700-hp has also been rumored. As an upmarket competitor rivaling the high performance Porsche Cayenne, Maserati Kubang, as well as the statement making BMW X6, the new Lamborghini SUV is projected to produce less than 1,500 examples a year and is expected to command a steep retail price no less than $200,000 in North America.

During the 2008 Paris Auto Show, Lamborghini revealed a sleek four-door Estoque and although Lamborghini denies the concept will make it to production, a successful Lamborghini SUV just might make room for a sedan as the fourth model in the line-up.
http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2...ing-debut.html

lol first Masarati now Lambo too. When do we see C-lais rolling in these in Richmond :troll:

TheKingdom2000 02-01-2012 07:41 PM

That is sick!

Drow 02-01-2012 07:44 PM

:gay:

MindBomber 02-01-2012 08:04 PM

Sick, but it doesn't look like it will do justice to the LM002.

The LM002 was like the bastard child of an H1 and the Countach, it could perform in the desert like a Countach on the street while maintaining the luxury and class. Whereas this looks like a very expensive C-lai mobile.

http://i1090.photobucket.com/albums/...2_sand_red.jpg

http://i1090.photobucket.com/albums/...76c85b78_z.jpg

sindragon 02-01-2012 08:04 PM

only people i see rollings these are c-lais in richmond and richs guys in dubai and china :troll:

Sky_High 02-01-2012 08:05 PM

Reminds me of the Juke

http://imganuncios.mitula.net/nissan...7804953742.jpg

donjalapeno 02-01-2012 08:09 PM

its nice and everything but its good for nothing....cant go offroad because of those tires ( and the fact that it will cost shit loads to replace broken bits and peices), i know for a fact its going to be a bitch to get kids in and out the back seats and by the looks of the back the cargo space wont be that big.

another useless SUV on the market.....make the outside more rugid like the lm002 and the inside like a bentley on steriods and you would have a winner.

xilley 02-01-2012 08:16 PM

not feeling it

X5M over this

Sky_High 02-01-2012 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WolfGang (Post 7782486)
its nice and everything but its good for nothing....cant go offroad because of those tires ( and the fact that it will cost shit loads to replace broken bits and peices), i know for a fact its going to be a bitch to get kids in and out the back seats and by the looks of the back the cargo space wont be that big.

another useless SUV on the market.....make the outside more rugid like the lm002 and the inside like a bentley on steriods and you would have a winner.

^ off-road???

:heckno:

Using it to buy groceries around Richmond, and letting N drivers drive to UBC / bubble tea joints every Friday / Saturday night is big enough for a market for Lamborghini [Vancouver] already.

Especially when there's a production of less than 1,500 a year.

Gallardo 02-01-2012 08:22 PM

Revival of the LM002?

I am sure the mainlanders would dig the style:woot2:

drunkrussian 02-01-2012 08:33 PM

fuck.
Posted via RS Mobile

StylinRed 02-01-2012 08:44 PM

:heckno:

dont like the idea of it but if it sells who cares i guess

if it could perform like the lm002 off road and the aventador on road then i'd be :sweetjesus: but it doesnt look like it can do both

rJZx 02-01-2012 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sky_High (Post 7782473)

:suspicious:

bloodmack 02-01-2012 09:00 PM

damn, leave it to lambo to make a good looking super suv :P

Ludepower 02-01-2012 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xilley (Post 7782495)
not feeling it

X5M over this

Your average joe thinks the X5M is still an X5...same for the X6M and ML55 AMG.

Ballers being who they are dont care what's under the hood...aslong as they can one up each other with something different and more expensive.

CP.AR 02-01-2012 09:41 PM

I heard Hyde has one in his garage already.
2nd one is pre-ordered and on it's way

i-VTEC 02-01-2012 09:55 PM

I'm new, whos C-lais?

sindragon 02-01-2012 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d87c (Post 7782617)
I'm new, whos C-lais?

mythical dragon creatures who roam the streets of richmond but mostly around aberdeen and three road. They terrorize banks with their luxury vehicles by crushing through concrete walls with their vizors blocking the sun. They also cause casualties in parking lots and dangerous intersections. Avoid confronting one at all cost as they will provoke you with their skills on the road.

here's a short story : . Dumb chinese woman came out of aberdeen parking lot across from Raddison hotel. Ran a red and tried going straight to TnT. Car going 55-60 km going on green... honked at the woman with a 100k mercedes. Dumb bitch almost died and was lucky enough to stop... he would of crashed right on the passenger side of her car.

i-VTEC 02-01-2012 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sindragon (Post 7782639)
mythical dragon creatures who roam the streets of richmond but mostly around aberdeen and three road. They terrorize banks with their luxury vehicles by crushing through concrete walls with their vizors blocking the sun. They also cause casualties in parking lots and dangerous intersections. Avoid confronting one at all cost as they will provoke you with their skills on the road.

here's a short story : . Dumb chinese woman came out of aberdeen parking lot across from Raddison hotel. Ran a red and tried going straight to TnT. Car going 55-60 km going on green... honked at the woman with a 100k mercedes. Dumb bitch almost died and was lucky enough to stop... he would of crashed right on the passenger side of her car.

Almost impossible to avoid thse creatures then. Darn! :moderatorban:

rsx 02-01-2012 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WolfGang (Post 7782486)

bahaha like people who own Luxury SUV's go off roading.

Jboii59 02-01-2012 10:33 PM

dayumm thats sexy

FerrariEnzo 02-01-2012 10:37 PM

great, now c-lais wil be crashing in these instead of their mercs, lexus and bmw...

Nightwalker 02-02-2012 05:07 AM

I'd love to rock that as a daily driver!

falcon 02-02-2012 05:22 AM

I see no problem with this. Looks neat. "SUV" does not mean the same thing as it used to. Lambo is trying to break into a new market segment and that's a good move on their part. Porsche has the Cayenne, Mercedes has a bunch, BMW X5/X6, and now the Lamborghini. It's going to cater to the people with too much money to spend, that want a larger car to haul their kids/dogs/groceries around all while having the Lambo name without having to break their back to get in and out of their 2 seater weekend Aventador.

pastarocket 02-02-2012 10:25 AM

One day you might see both the Ferrari FF and this Lambo SUV cruising in Richmond.