REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Advanced Forced Induction & N/A Engine Tuning (https://www.revscene.net/forums/advanced-forced-induction-n-engine-tuning_305/)
-   -   Local exhust/muffler shops. (https://www.revscene.net/forums/662372-local-exhust-muffler-shops.html)

cruz-in 02-02-2012 11:25 AM

Local exhust/muffler shops.

Hey guys ,

i know a few exhuast shops locally but i was wondering if anybody does good work without raping the wallet.

thanks a bunch

Altoids94 02-02-2012 02:04 PM

Try muffler man in burnaby.
Posted via RS Mobile

mikeinaus 02-02-2012 09:53 PM

i forget the name of the place i went to but it was in richmond right near the richmond center . they are horrible dont goto them. they lied to me on the phone saying they had mandrel bent pipeing to get me to drive there from vancouver. i was having a custom exhaust built that included a new magnaflow cat and muffler, but i was recycling a resonator i had with a section of pipe fitted to it. i asked them to cut off the pipe and clamp the resonator onto the exhaust so i could swap it later with another one. i also asked them to install a flange near the axle so the muffler would be removable without cutting the pipe. lets just say they ignored my wishies. they reused the old rusted pipe, weld it together and didnt install a flange. there welds also looked like old chewing gum (horrible beginner quality welds). so for $220 i got a small section of pipe and almost nothing i asked for. i ended up having to pay speed muffler $80 to fix there mistakes. that being said speedy muffler on 3rd and main is great...

cruz-in 02-03-2012 01:55 PM

what is hoeglers or some shit like that? near vader speed and sound? LOL

fd3 02-03-2012 02:00 PM

Strong brake and muffler in surrey near scottrd they're pretty cheap and do a descent job
Posted via RS Mobile

josel_atr 02-03-2012 03:24 PM

Heard good stuff about muffler man. Also recommend quiet muffler - went there for a cheap fix on my exhaust. Both in burnaby

Zeph331 02-03-2012 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeinaus (Post 7783908)
i forget the name of the place i went to but it was in richmond right near the richmond center . they are horrible dont goto them. they lied to me on the phone saying they had mandrel bent pipeing to get me to drive there from vancouver. i was having a custom exhaust built that included a new magnaflow cat and muffler, but i was recycling a resonator i had with a section of pipe fitted to it. i asked them to cut off the pipe and clamp the resonator onto the exhaust so i could swap it later with another one. i also asked them to install a flange near the axle so the muffler would be removable without cutting the pipe. lets just say they ignored my wishies. they reused the old rusted pipe, weld it together and didnt install a flange. there welds also looked like old chewing gum (horrible beginner quality welds). so for $220 i got a small section of pipe and almost nothing i asked for. i ended up having to pay speed muffler $80 to fix there mistakes. that being said speedy muffler on 3rd and main is great...

i also have bad experience with hoegler

TRDood 02-03-2012 11:31 PM

Went to Mufflerman. 15 minute bolt on job the owner (I think) Robbie charged me $70. Just as expensive as a dealer.

White guy at Hoegler is a rip. Black guy is cool though but he doesn't talk about prices.
Posted via RS Mobile

supafamous 02-04-2012 11:41 PM

Went to muffler man today and got my new catback on in an hour for $70. No appointment needed, got right down to business. Good stuff.

ali36 02-08-2012 08:31 AM

I go to muffler man in Burnaby I think its on Kingsway somewhere not sure. Decent work, cheap and like a couple people mentioned no appointment needed, just make sure you show up early.

guesswho 02-09-2012 08:10 AM

just went to quiet muffler, charged me $80 for welding a muffler on, only took 20 mins, its first come first serve so get there early :)

Overseas Auto1 02-09-2012 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ali36 (Post 7789783)
I go to muffler man in Burnaby I think its on Kingsway somewhere not sure. Decent work, cheap and like a couple people mentioned no appointment needed, just make sure you show up early.

Its at 7590 Kingsway

Phil@rise 02-09-2012 01:23 PM

We just completed a full custom mandrel bent 2.5 inch cat back on a lifted grand cherokee

lowda9 02-21-2012 01:30 PM

I just went to quiet muffler today and I also recommend them. The 2 guys there seem to be decent guys and they fixed my exhaust leak and straightened out my exhaust for free.

Recon604 02-25-2012 08:13 AM

DO NOT to go drivehard. They are extremely lazy and jewed me off. I got my tips only bolted on and I told them I wanted them to be weld on. They refused and said bolted on will be the same. Paid so much to just have bolted on exhaust tips. And they dont have mandrel bend machine. They got two pieces of curved pipes and only welded them together. Very disappointed but whatever whats done is done.

supafamous 05-17-2012 07:57 AM

Bumping this.

I need to get my Greddy taken off and my stock put back on (with a weld to put it back into one piece).

Muffler Man doesn't open till 8:30 tomorrow and is a bit far away from me. Does anyone know someone in East Van that opens early (earlier the better) that can do this for me tomorrow? Need to get it done early so I can head down to Seattle early as I can.

thanks,

tiger_handheld 05-17-2012 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fd3 (Post 7784624)
Strong brake and muffler in surrey near scottrd they're pretty cheap and do a descent job
Posted via RS Mobile

+1 for them

fliptuner 05-17-2012 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by supafamous (Post 7921165)
Bumping this.

I need to get my Greddy taken off and my stock put back on (with a weld to put it back into one piece).

Muffler Man doesn't open till 8:30 tomorrow and is a bit far away from me. Does anyone know someone in East Van that opens early (earlier the better) that can do this for me tomorrow? Need to get it done early so I can head down to Seattle early as I can.

thanks,

E.Van to Muffler Man only takes 20 minutes. After that, you can take the connector or even Hwy1 to get to the border.

falcon 05-20-2012 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeph331 (Post 7784919)
i also have bad experience with hoegler

Hoegler cut out a blown resonator on a friends R32 GTR a few years ago and replaced it with straight pipe. Drove to LA a few months later to a shop there to have the car tuned by one of the PowerFC greats. On the dyno he was wondering why it wasn't making the power it should (new motor, big turbos etc. etc.). Cuts open the exhaust to find remnants of the old blown resonator blocking the exhaust. Luckly he had a used N1 Apex'i there that we threw on the car and went on with tuning.

How beginner is it to forget something IN the exhaust when you weld it up? :suspicious:

skittle 05-30-2012 09:09 PM

Poor customer service at Muffler Man. Had them remove my stock axle-back and install one I had brought in. They dropped my stock muffler and dented the tip - not just a small dent, it was pretty bad as the muffler fell when the car was on the hoist.

Spoke to the owner/manager who was not at all apologetic nor did he offer to replace the tip, he was rude and just knocked $10 off the labour, basically said he doesn't want my business.

I was really pissed off.

Overseas Auto1 05-31-2012 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skittle (Post 7933348)
Poor customer service at Muffler Man. Had them remove my stock axle-back and install one I had brought in. They dropped my stock muffler and dented the tip - not just a small dent, it was pretty bad as the muffler fell when the car was on the hoist.

Spoke to the owner/manager who was not at all apologetic nor did he offer to replace the tip, he was rude and just knocked $10 off the labour, basically said he doesn't want my business.

I was really pissed off.

I just talked to Joe at Muffler Man about this, because he is a really good guy. He wants you to phone him and talk about this. He says he did not deal with you. His number is 604 526 1515 and only speak to Joe.

skittle 05-31-2012 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Overseas Auto1 (Post 7933607)
I just talked to Joe at Muffler Man about this, because he is a really good guy. He wants you to phone him and talk about this. He says he did not deal with you. His number is 604 526 1515 and only speak to Joe.

This was a couple of years ago so not sure there is any point in talking to him now.

Overseas Auto1 05-31-2012 09:05 AM

I do not think that the actions of one incident is indicative of their operation.

fliptuner 05-31-2012 10:41 AM

Never had problems at MM. Joe owns a couple of classic cars and knows to respect if people want their parts handled with care.

supafamous 05-31-2012 07:40 PM

Used them twice in the past few months. Great service both times. I would recommend them to anyone.