REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2012, 01:41 PM   #1
I STILL don't get it

Freebie: Extra 5GB of Dropbox Space!

This is mainly for existing Dropbox users. Dropbox is testing out a new beta build and you could get an additional 5GB of space for free. All you need to do is install the experimental version of the client.

How it Works:
• 500MB of free space on first photo uploaded automatically
• 500MB of free space for each additional 500MB you upload (4.5GB max)
• Upload files of any size (no more 180 MB limit!)
• Files are limited to Pics/Videos i believe

I've only done this on a Windows PC/Android so i don't know how it works on a Mac/Linux.

Windows/Mac/Linux:
(2/1) - Experimental Forum Build - 1.3.12 « Dropbox Forums

1. Install the experimental client

2. Put in an SD Card/USB/External Hard Drive with about 5-6GB of pictures/videos (I used JPGs and AVI files. Friend used mkv for videos and said it didn't work). When the Autoplay thing pops up click on "Import to Dropbox"

3. Let Dropbox import and it should create a "Camera Uploads" folder in your Dropbox and import your files. You don't have to wait for the 5GB worth of stuff to finish uploading just let it index so it recognizes that there is files that need to be uploaded

4. Delete the files you've imported (Or you can keep them if its actually stuff you want on dbox)

???

5. Profit

Android Users:
(2/2) - Experimental Android Forum Build - 2.0.9 « Dropbox Forums

Theres also an Android APK where it'll automatically upload all the photos/pics you take from your phone to Dropbox directly and this will also apply to getting bonus space
Advertisement
This post thanked by:
Old 02-03-2012, 02:00 PM   #2
YOU CANT CUT BACK ON FUNDING! YOU WILL REGRET THIS

Thanked 3,092 Times in 1,038 Posts
thanks sam
Old 02-03-2012, 02:02 PM   #3
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,581 Times in 4,297 Posts
We have the freebie thread and its been posted already
Old 02-03-2012, 02:09 PM   #4
I STILL don't get it