REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 03-16-2012, 08:24 AM   #26
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

So I put some wheels on a couple SX4's the other day. Nothing too fancy. I think +38 ish with 225/50/17. Hopefully I have a spoiler in the back to put on one of them.

Im going to have one of these sx4's and a 2012 Kizashi SX with 20's at the spring meet if anyone wants to see

I also figured I'd post a Suzuki Cappuccino. For all you lovers?

Advertisement
Orca Bay Suzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-16-2012, 09:46 AM   #27

A customer of ours just got new rims on his tracker! Looks pretty good:

Old 03-16-2012, 04:06 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matlock View Post
**NOT my car**
But similar to how I want to make it look. This guy has a Rocky Road Outfitters lift kit and 15" wheels with Yokohama Geolanders all terrain tires.

All this car is missing is the mud flaps.

Seen this car a couple hrs ago.

Last edited by Orca Bay Suzuki; 03-16-2012 at 04:21 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-20-2012, 12:13 AM   #29
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Gotta love all those fogs on that SX4 lol...
Xavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 08:18 AM   #30
RS Veteran

Thanked 5,024 Times in 1,083 Posts
Pretty rare cars but someone is parking on my near my work now. Love the exhaust tips on them.

I was considering them myself when I was looking at small cars but they are $$$$
TouringTeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 03:35 PM   #31
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,079 Times in 368 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orca Bay Suzuki View Post
All this car is missing is the mud flaps.

Seen this car a couple hrs ago.

Cool flaps, rally armors? I'm going to guess it's an automatic, because of the silver roof rails.

I'm probably going to bring my car in to Orca Bay for service this Saturday.
Old 03-29-2012, 10:15 AM   #32

That car was a 6 speed std from memory. The silver rails means it is a JLX. The JX comes with the black rails. Things that make em different are the fog lights, smartpass key fob, heated seats, sub, auto climate control and the paddle shifters on the steering wheel.

I'll be in on Sat all day. If you come in, find me. My name is Allen.

I didn't get a chance to talk to the owner of that car. So I'm not sure what flaps they were. I figured they were homemade at first glance. It was that heavy duty recycled rubber.
Old 03-29-2012, 04:18 PM   #33

Thanked 1,206 Times in 385 Posts
Didn't even know there was a suzuki section here. I've had a few suzukis and have used orca bay for parts many times. I would recommend them.

This is my current suzuki. 94 sidekick 4 door with 1.6L turbodiesel from a volkswagen.

Previous sidekick, drove down to oregon dunefest and made it all the way home with a blown headgasket and temp in the red from seattle. Still ran after that.

Previous samurai SPUA looking over vancouver from eagle mountain

Previous drz400

Anyone else with sammys or sidekicks here?
Old 04-22-2012, 09:08 PM   #34

I'll breathe some more life back into this thread. (Not my SX4)
Here's the original link The"Angry Panda" Redux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry Panda View Post
While I don't have the patience to rebuild all of the pages from the other place, I did want to start a new thread to continue detailing the Panda's progress for those still interested.

My platform was a 2009 SX4 Crossover, 5-speed, base model. Here are the current mods:

ENGINE: RRM SRI, RRM underdrive pulley, custom 2.25" straight back exhaust, Suzuki Sport oil cap and radiator cap, Samco radiator hoses, Sard coolant hoses, Braille B2015 battery, Suzuki Sport ground kit.

SUSPENSION: TEIN Basic coilovers, RRM front sway, RRM rear sway, Ultra Racing rear strut brace.

WHEEL/BRAKE: 17x7.5 Rota Slipstreams, 225/45/17 Dunlop Direzza Star Spec, Suzuki Sport lug nuts, RRM Stage II brake kit, RRM ss brake lines.

INTERIOR: Prodrive shift knob, Prodrive floor mats, Suzuki sport pedals, 20% tint.

EXTERIOR: RRM Rallispec wing, RRM front sport lip, Rally Armor mud flaps, honeycomb grille, Retro-Solutions 4300K HID upgrade, stock fogs with Hella bulbs, LaminX rear tail protection, Suzuki window visors, Primitive Racing underbody armor, Primitive Racing rear diff guard, Perrin stubby antenna, Hella Supertones, Yakima rack system.

Back when I still had the RRM light bar

ICE: Alpine CDA9884 w/remote, Alpine SPS-600c (front), Alpine SPS-600 (rear), Alpine KTP-445 Power Pack, JL Audio 250/1v2, JL Audio 10w3 in ported/tuned box, JL Audio amp kit, Stinger wire, dedicated iPod Nano, Valentine 1 radar (hard-wired with custom mount), Garmin Nuvi 760.

In my garage, I have all the bits and pieces for my turbo build. Initially I was going to sell the kit. But, I guess I'll go ahead and see how she takes boost. I have already mounted the FMIC, b/c I was sick of that big empty hole in the bumper. I'll begin working on the install over the next two months.

Thanks for playing along at home...

rob
Old 04-24-2012, 01:38 AM   #35

^ Nice SX4! I love it.
Old 05-23-2012, 02:58 PM   #36

Any updates on meets for Suzukis etc?

Last mod I did was buy the Chinese DVD player for my SX4. Perfect fit and works great.

Here's an cool video I found:
Quote:
For me, one of the most fun things about owning an off-road-capable vehicle is going places most people won't ever get to see. Whether it's four wheeling in Moab, Utah or simply exploring some back country dirty roads locally, there's a feeling of freedom, excitement, and wanderlust when I get to actually use my four-wheel or all-wheel drive system.

There are some really amazing places off the beaten path; places that a lot of vehicles won't be able to go—or at least places most people aren't willing to take their vehicle. You don't necessarily need a hardcore 4x4 to venture off the pavement. Some might argue you don't even need four-wheel drive in many instances. However, it's a nice feature to have if and when things get a bit tricky.

Apparently, Eric Davis feels the same way. He's made a few off-road videos of his outfitted Suzuki SX4 exploring destinations off the beaten path. Case in point is this video he filmed using his GoPro. The areas include a couple of ghost towns around Greenough, Montana. This kind of adventure isn't all about the four-wheeling; it's also about the exploration, the history, and getting out.

Eric's SX4 has a lift on it as well as Rocky Road Outfitters rock sliders, slightly bigger-than-stock BFGoodrich All-Terrain tires, Primitive Racing skid plates, auxiliary lighting, and a host of other modifications. It's a pretty trick ride that helps the SX4 more capable when the pavement ends.

I love this kind of stuff, and am fortunate to have a Suzuki Sidekick and Subaru Forestser for a bit of back country exploration of my own. Eric's video, however, really captures the essence of getting out there and exploring, if only for a day.
Article: Subcompact Culture - The small car blog: Exploring the Ghost Town Byway by way of a Suzuki SX4
Old 08-07-2012, 01:55 AM   #37

I like how professionnally made the video really is. Looks like a gorgeous area as well.
Old 10-03-2012, 02:13 AM   #38

Any updates?
Old 10-19-2013, 04:03 AM   #39
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

20130408_131942_zps3005e54d.jpg Photo by Mad_Xero | Photobucket

My old Suzuki Swift GTi that I'm selling now, was really fun to drive, cheap on gas, and quick for such a small motor. I chipped the ecu, put cams in and switched the exhaust to 2-1/4". Whenever people road in it, they would be quite surprised when I punched it, not expecting it out of a small 1.3L swift :-P
Xenth is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: