REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Entertainment Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/entertainment-forum_27/)
-   -   the amazing spider-man (https://www.revscene.net/forums/662639-amazing-spider-man.html)

Grandmaster TSE 02-07-2012 02:27 AM

the amazing spider-man

new trailer released

looks really good, love how he has to make web shooters instead of them coming out of his wrist

and emma stone is beautiful!!!!

SkinnyPupp 02-07-2012 03:25 AM

I was pretty excited for this, since Spiderman was my favourite comic to read. However, the special effects that replace stunts looks really fake...

It's interesting, because I think the first Spiderman was when they first started trying to animate humans in 3D, and it looks REALLY bad. All this time, and it hasn't gotten much better :(

[o_o] 02-07-2012 04:05 AM

:awwyeah:

freakshow 02-07-2012 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [o_o] (Post 7788571)
:awwyeah:

http://alltheragefaces.com/img/faces...h-aww-yeah.png

K-bad 02-07-2012 06:06 PM

I'm not sure if I should be looking forward to this or not.. The different approach they take on this compared to the original definitely looks interesting. IMO I dont like Andrew Garfield as spiderman, not sure if he can beat tobey maguire

Lowered_Klass 02-07-2012 06:47 PM

Too soon for a re-boot :(

The only good thing about this movie so far, is Emma Stone.

K-bad 02-07-2012 07:05 PM

I forgot to mention <3 emma stone.

exhil 02-07-2012 07:14 PM

I love Emma Stone <3
I cant wait for this movie.
Though Im slightly a bit disappointed. Like what K-bad said, I'm not sure if Andrew Garfield will act and perform better than Tobey Macquire as Spiderman.

Jackygor 02-07-2012 07:53 PM

Hipster Spider Man indeed

Sky_2000 02-07-2012 08:20 PM

Why do the white people in this movie look like they are from Twilight?!?

pastarocket 02-07-2012 08:20 PM

This Spiderman movie looks like it may top the Tobey McGuire version.

+1 for Emma Stone. She's got a nice rack. Hot! -definitely an upgrade over Kirsten Dunst. :thumbsup:

Culture_Vulture 02-07-2012 08:26 PM

Anything but Toby McGuire.
That guys is god awful at acting :heckno:

StylinRed 02-07-2012 08:40 PM

the cgi looks incredibly fake...

the changes to the story are a bit of a pain

the guy doesnt seem as good as toby maguire was as spiderman

will definitely watch it but my hopes arent high

twitchyzero 02-07-2012 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pastarocket (Post 7789367)
This Spiderman movie looks like it may top the Tobey McGuire version.

+1 for Emma Stone. She's got a nice rack. Hot! -definitely an upgrade over Kirsten Dunst. :thumbsup:

just about anyone is an upgrade over kirsten dunst

Lomac 02-08-2012 01:33 AM

I'm looking forward to this. I prefer comic films that lean toward the darker end of the spectrum, away from the goofy stuff (though I'll always have a special place in my heart for the original Batman TV series). The cast seems decent (Sheen, Leary, and Stone). I think Garfield might be able to pull this off... he was pretty decent in Social Network.

I hope that the graphics are bumped up a bit from what we saw in the trailer though. One of my biggest technical complaints about the last Spiderman series was the horrid CGI when it came to Spiderman swinging through the air and it unfortunately seems like it hasn't gotten much better. Hopefully it was just a rush job and that the actual movie will have a more polished look to it.

Tegra_Devil 02-08-2012 07:58 AM

this looks like its trying to be 'the dark knight' for spiderman...the darker more adult version.

so, i have no complaints.....too bad christopher nolan didnt direct it as well :P

6793026 02-08-2012 10:05 AM

to be honest spider man 1 will always be awesome, it's spiderman 3 that killed the series. stupid director doing that emo shit was the straw that broke the camel's back.

S1 will always have a great impression but this is a change of scene so we will have to see. Emma has done a few other movies and it's hard for me to see her with dyed blonde hair. she has so much more potential than doing a comic series.

CGI will be better, the editing will have to be upp-ed a knotch but these are expected. we'll see how it goes.

dachinesedude 02-08-2012 10:16 AM

^true that

spiderman 1 & 2 was awesome, the third one was so bad it made the whole trilogy seem like a joke

gonna be interesting though, a spiderman movie without MJ or Harry

see.lai 02-08-2012 11:27 AM

EMMA STONE MY BABY....

gars 02-08-2012 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6793026 (Post 7789859)
S1 will always have a great impression but this is a change of scene so we will have to see. Emma has done a few other movies and it's hard for me to see her with dyed blonde hair. she has so much more potential than doing a comic series.

She's actually a natural blond. We're just used to seeing her as a redhead or a brunette.

I heart Emma Stone

Grandmaster TSE 02-08-2012 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dachinesedude (Post 7789881)
^true that

spiderman 1 & 2 was awesome, the third one was so bad it made the whole trilogy seem like a joke

gonna be interesting though, a spiderman movie without MJ or Harry

i'm glad there isn't MJ in this movie, Gwen was his first love

6793026 02-08-2012 10:48 PM

seriously, i would have picked a chick that was much lower profile. Emma has too many movies that were very well done. It's like having Harry Potter doing movies right now, it's hard to wipe off the HP image....

StylinRed 02-08-2012 10:57 PM

^^^^ what image would people have to disassociate themselves with though? although shes had a lot of roles she looks pretty much completely different in all of them and its not like she played the same character as say a Harry Potter the only thing she'll draw are fans

carey mulligan would have been a good gwen stacy too i think

DanHibiki 02-08-2012 11:00 PM

The Incredible Hulk and X-Men: First Class proved that it is never too soon for a reboot.

Spiderman 1 & 2 were great in that they were able to make a great movie while still being a campy like movie. Hell they are probably the ones who were able to do that.

That said, I wonder how it would be rated if there were released today in the Chris Nolan, more serious/realistic tone era.

I think this Spiderman is better than the one Toby Mcguire portrayed who had too much "wussiness" and not enough quirky/cleverness.

I like this darker look and glad they brought back the REAL web shooters. Not that organic shit.

Anyways I posted this in the off-topic before realizing this thread was made. It clearly belongs here:

twitchyzero 02-08-2012 11:08 PM

i agree about the darker, more serious superhero images from the DC comics affecting the way this movie is approached...especially since there's a new superman movie next year from snyder and nolan

i just think it's still a little too early to try and reboot spiderman...and quick wikipedia shows me marvel's been releasing 2-3 movies every year for almost the past decade...never realized that.