REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Video cameras are the worst nightmare of the police (https://www.revscene.net/forums/662676-video-cameras-worst-nightmare-police.html)

ProBoostin 02-07-2012 05:46 PM

Video cameras are the worst nightmare of the police

Don't think this is a repost. Pretty ruthless in some cases. Reason why this happens is because they know they can get away with it. Don't see it here, but the states is pretty whack.

If You See Something, Film Something (Recording The Police is a Dangerous but Necessary Thing to Do) - YouTube

SpartanAir 02-07-2012 06:12 PM

Wow, pretty shocking video. Might wanna put a violence warning tag on that video, it's pretty graphic...where the cop is just crushing that guy's legs repeatedly with an asp...just brutal.

*BE WARNED, GRAPHIC CONTENT.*

- kT 02-07-2012 06:18 PM

^ what he said. couldn't help but cringe everytime that guy's legs got hit again and again

1exotic 02-07-2012 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpartanAir (Post 7789183)
Wow, pretty shocking video. Might wanna put a violence warning tag on that video, it's pretty graphic...where the cop is just crushing that guy's legs repeatedly with an asp...just brutal.

*BE WARNED, GRAPHIC CONTENT.*

lol

that content is like entry level stuff for people new to the internet
its not that hardcore.

murd0c 02-07-2012 06:29 PM

Good those videos are taken because thats wrong on so many levels but remember lots of Police Officers are good people and would never think about doing something like that.

Wanted to say that before people start saying shit like fuck the police :)

parm104 02-07-2012 06:33 PM

Perhaps this video is in response to this:

I've seen both videos before. Definitely despicable behaviour in both videos. For some of the cases, there may be more to what we see...However, for many others, it is clear and evident that there is an abuse of power.

This phenomenon will really never get resolved. Police officers are human and have flaws and weaknesses. In the heat of the moment, they may abuse their powers and when confronted about it, they will simple imply that they were doing whatever they needed to do to get home to their families in one piece. But, every job comes with it's risks and they all enter this profession by choice. Laws need to be sanctioned to hold them accountable for their actions on the same level as everyone else. Police officers are enforcers of the laws, not creators. Hence, their status is not above, but equal, just like every other citizen. In the states more than Canada, it seems that the blue-shield effect (stand by your brothers of law enforcement at any cost) is getting in the way of higher up officials realizing they have bad apples on their teams.

Nevertheless, I am beginning to see a prevalent negative attitude towards law enforcement from the general public. Now more than ever. It's a shame that these few bad apples are creating such a bad image for law enforcement. I'm sure there are plenty of good cops out there. I've got several family members who are in it to simply protect and serve our community. Then again, I've seen several officers who are there because they love the rush of having power and authority.

91civicZC 02-07-2012 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1exotic (Post 7789190)
lol

that content is like entry level stuff for people new to the internet
its not that hardcore.

Not a dig on you at all, but I find it sad that some defenceless guy getting his legs smashed in by a cop while he screams in pain is not shocking anymore.

I thought plenty of it was cringe worthy.

As for OP saying “don’t see it here”, I’d disagree. There is plenty of footage on the VPD and RCMP maybe taking things a little too far.

ilovebacon 02-07-2012 06:54 PM

And..... There's nothing we could do to pervent it from happening.
Posted via RS Mobile

TjAlmeida 02-07-2012 06:58 PM

1exotic should try posting something useful, all you ever do is troll. Grow up, your a big boy.
I would say some of that is graphic, graphic in a different way though. Not graphic as in blood everywhere and bone crushing shit. But when the cops grabbed that lady in jail and slammed her into the wall... How is that not graphic and make you sick to your stomach knowing people like that exist.

I wonder if more stuff like this happens in the states then in Canada.
Posted via RS Mobile

Excelsis 02-07-2012 07:03 PM

nothing new, most cops in the us are retards, they become cops to have more power and basically do shit they want, good cops are harder to find

same thing in canada but more good cops here

ProBoostin 02-07-2012 07:33 PM

don't know if you've looked through the description of the video on youtube but some of the guys getting beat up are war vets, a 66 y.o. with dementia, a guy walking his dog and protesters. I know i said that you don't see it here but i'm sure there's lots of video, you just don't hear it through the media too much. I can see hitting a with guy a baton a couple times but 10+ times because he wouldn't get up smh. How's he supposed to get up now :/

van_city23 02-07-2012 07:47 PM

some of that is beyond excessive, talk about abusing your power. It laughed when in the video it was said that all of those officers' departments stood behind them, somethings not right.

1exotic 02-07-2012 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tj.GSR (Post 7789277)
1exotic should try posting something useful, all you ever do is troll. Grow up, your a big boy.
I would say some of that is graphic, graphic in a different way though. Not graphic as in blood everywhere and bone crushing shit. But when the cops grabbed that lady in jail and slammed her into the wall... How is that not graphic and make you sick to your stomach knowing people like that exist.

I wonder if more stuff like this happens in the states then in Canada.
Posted via RS Mobile

I've been around here longer than you.
What have you posted that's useful? never seen you around.
use the thanks/fail button homie... don't need to throw a fit.

murd0c 02-07-2012 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilovebacon (Post 7789267)
And..... There's nothing we could do to pervent it from happening.
Posted via RS Mobile

there is not actually, they are humans just like you and me and people make mistakes in certain situations like everyone does. Some times a adrenaline starts pumping you do shit like in the video because it's only the human thing to do at this time.

Grim 02-07-2012 08:20 PM

if only i was able to record the time the dickwadd pulled over my friend for no reason whatsoever.

Story:
We went to eat around No.9 and as we were leaving we saw a black prelude got pulled and we started "trololololing" and talked amongst ourselves.
We made a turn on lansdowne and i noticed the cop who pulled the prelude started following.

(no, we did not trollololol outside the window)

he pulled us over and there was NOTHING wrong with his car/license etc. instead he told me to come out of the car and gave me a ticket for no seatbelt (which i had one on)
i explained to him i was wearing one, he told me he didnt see it.
fucking bullshit.

murd0c 02-07-2012 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grim (Post 7789366)
if only i was able to record the time the dickwadd pulled over my friend for no reason whatsoever.

Story:
We went to eat around No.9 and as we were leaving we saw a black prelude got pulled and we started "trololololing" and talked amongst ourselves.
We made a turn on lansdowne and i noticed the cop who pulled the prelude started following.

(no, we did not trollololol outside the window)

he pulled us over and there was NOTHING wrong with his car/license etc. instead he told me to come out of the car and gave me a ticket for no seatbelt (which i had one on)
i explained to him i was wearing one, he told me he didnt see it.
fucking bullshit.

yes but I'm sure it made you think next time if you wanted to do something dumb. Look at the positive point that it could always be worse and something like that in the back of your mind will help you make better decisions in the long run.

achiam 02-07-2012 08:35 PM

What the fuck is "trolololing??"

GG 02-07-2012 08:41 PM

what can i say?

FUCK THE POLICE

I gotten a VI couple years ago, when my car was completely fucking bone stock. THe pig insists that my car was lowered wtf?

fd3 02-07-2012 08:42 PM

seen this on fb, figured it wouldve been posted here already,..

^some are just power trips~

Gh0stRider 02-07-2012 08:49 PM

BaoTurbo 02-07-2012 08:49 PM

Yes they might abuse their powers sometimes, but the point is STILL being the victims are beat and tortured numerous times after they have already said they will comply with officers most of the times.

Just like in that video, the guy got run over by a car to probably stop him from running. That action has already constituted the officer was intentionally trying to run him over probably after a wild goose chase. However, the man doesn't suffer that many injuries apparently and then gets beat more times by surrounding officers.

Sometimes they just step over the line because they are mad. Like really mad to a point where a humane conscience no longer exists.

GabAlmighty 02-07-2012 09:00 PM

Makes me sick

Gh0stRider 02-07-2012 09:12 PM

one part of the video where a guy rolls the van and is unconscious on the ground and they are still beating on him...like wtf

urrh 02-07-2012 09:21 PM

saw this on gizmondo today
How a Smart Photographer Beat Out a Bunch of Abusive Cops

tl;dr
- cops arrests a journalist for covering an occupy eviction
- officer berates journalist
- footage gets erased from journalist's camera
- journalist recovers footage
- cops may face federal lawsuit for erasing footage

Jegz 02-07-2012 09:30 PM

FUCK THE POLICE

:badpokerface: