REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 02-16-2012, 10:18 AM   #1
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,817 Times in 3,901 Posts
Mass Effect 3...Space Marketing

'Mass Effect 3' becomes true space oddity

Quote:
The hype for one of the year's hottest video games, Mass Effect 3 (out March 6, on PS3, Xbox 360 and PCs, ages 17-up) is reaching new stratospheric heights.

In case you don't know, a playable demo has already hit Xbox Live and the PlayStation Network.

But next week, a select intrepid few will have the opportunity to play the full game before it hits stores. Publisher Electronic Arts will be launching copies of the game into space using weather balloons that will be released in New York, San Francisco, Las Vegas, Berlin, London and Paris.

Each game has a GPS tracking device onboard and fans can track their return to the Earth on masseffect.com to find a copy and play it a week or more before the game hits stores. (Might not be a bad idea to follow @MassEffect, either.)

In other Mass Effect news, a new trailer for the game will be shown during AMC's TV series The Walking Dead Sunday at 9 p.m./ 8 p.m. CT.

Advertisement
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 10:34 AM   #2
RS.net PIMP

Thanked 3,057 Times in 824 Posts
Reminds me of this

7seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 09:59 PM   #3

Thanked 9,817 Times in 3,901 Posts
so what happens when all these games end up in the ocean? or the game discs get destroyed by the intensity of the sun rays?
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 10:51 PM   #4
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,420 Times in 669 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
so what happens when all these games end up in the ocean? or the game discs get destroyed by the intensity of the sun rays?
Old 02-16-2012, 11:26 PM   #5

Thanked 7,449 Times in 1,438 Posts
probably burn into ash before it hits the earth?
asian_XL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 12:19 AM   #6
Raping Captured Dolphins since 2002 on EZ board days

Just curious, is it legal for private companies to send things up into space with a weather balloon. Do they have to let the local airports and authorities know that they are doing this?

I remember as a child, we used to have build those rocks and launch them up and were told we can't do it near the airport as it can interfere with their equipment and tracking system etc.

Also, wonder what would happen if a high speed video game comes crashing down and hitting someone on the head and seriously injuring that person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphamale View Post
I give a lot of people rim jobs.
My Feedback
RFlush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 12:39 AM   #7
racing & tech mod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Aviation Regulations
Unmanned Air Vehicles
(amended 2003/12/01; previous version)

602.41 No person shall operate an unmanned air vehicle in flight except in accordance with a special flight operations certificate or an air operator certificate.
(amended 2003/12/01; previous version)

Large Unoccupied Free Balloons

602.42 No person shall release an unoccupied free balloon having a gas-carrying capacity of more than 115 cubic feet (3.256 m3) except in accordance with an authorization issued by the Minister pursuant to section 602.44.

Rockets

602.43 No person shall launch a rocket, other than a model rocket or a rocket of a type used in a fireworks display, except in accordance with an authorization issued by the Minister pursuant to section 602.44.

Authorization by the Minister

602.44 The Minister may issue an authorization referred to in section 602.42 or 602.43 where the release of the balloon or the launch of the rocket is in the public interest and is not likely to affect aviation safety.

Model Aircraft, Kites and Model Rockets

602.45 No person shall fly a model aircraft or a kite or launch a model rocket or a rocket of a type used in a fireworks display into cloud or in a manner that is or is likely to be hazardous to aviation safety.
That's all the CARS have about unmanned balloons.

Then there would be civil or provincial or bylaws that may further limit such activity.

Then there is also the risk of getting sued if YOUR balloon damages someone's private property and they can prove it's your balloon and track you down.
Rich Sandor is offline   Reply With Quote