REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   Getting a Lip installed in the Bellingham (https://www.revscene.net/forums/663205-getting-lip-installed-bellingham.html)

Araaadi 02-16-2012 09:58 PM

Getting a Lip installed in the Bellingham

I am looking to get a hfp front lip from the Honda dealership in bellingham. It was about $200 cheaper there then it is here. I am worried about duty though after reading this.

Repairs or alterations to your vehicle/ vessel/aircraft

If you intend to have repairs or alterations made to your vehicle/vessel/aircraft outside Canada, check with the CBSA for information before you leave. Under customs legislation, the CBSA can no longer consider your vehicle, vessel or aircraft to be Canadian-made if you increase its value, improve its condition or have it modified outside Canada. As a result, you may have to pay duty and the goods and services tax (GST) or harmonized sales tax (HST) on the entire value of the vehicle/vessel/aircraft when you bring it back

Should I just not claim it?

NLY 02-16-2012 10:05 PM

It's just a front lip? Why not order it and install it yourself? I don't think it'll be that difficult just offer some beers over the weekend and let some revscene have at it.

I think all you need are some screws and some double sided tape.

But if you decide to go to Bellingham to install it I wouldn't mention it. Most people won't notice the lip :whistle:

Sky_High 02-16-2012 10:05 PM

Have you consider buying it in Bellingham, and installing it yourself/locally?

Araaadi 02-16-2012 10:20 PM

We'll its only an extra $30 for the install in the states, so I thought it would save me some time. I just don't want to be taxed for the value of my car. I doubt they would notice the lip , but I can never be too safe.

pingu81 02-16-2012 10:21 PM

Probably not the smartest thing to post this here. Getting caught for lying to CBSA is not fun.

ruthless 02-16-2012 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pingu81 (Post 7799462)
Probably not the smartest thing to post this here. Getting caught for lying to CBSA is not fun.

cbsa eh :whistle:....that is all

GabAlmighty 02-16-2012 10:39 PM

Holy fucking shit, every 3 days a thread like this gets posted. It doesn't take a fucking rocket appliantist to finger it out for fucks sake.

DC5-S 02-16-2012 11:37 PM

Install it in the states and dont declare it you pussy
Posted via RS Mobile

GG 02-17-2012 12:10 AM

Holly shit i been on RS for almost 10 years, has RS really been filled up with retards and pussies that a idiotic thread needs to be started every other day?

If i get my center caps from the States, should i declare? if i get myself a can of jerry can worth of gas, should i declare it? if i buy some eggs and milk, should i declare it? seriously who the fuck cares

No one has the time to rip apart your car and inspect it nor does the boarder guard. UNless you drive an Escalade with 26" chrome spinners, you a black american african, tattoos, jewelries, and best of all a rap sheet of criminal records
:rukidding:

NLY 02-17-2012 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tequilabomb (Post 7799567)
Holly shit i been on RS for almost 10 years, has RS really been filled up with retards and pussies that a idiotic thread needs to be started every other day?

If i get my center caps from the States, should i declare? if i get myself a can of jerry can worth of gas, should i declare it? if i buy some eggs and milk, should i declare it? seriously who the fuck cares

No one has the time to rip apart your car and inspect it nor does the boarder guard. UNless you drive an Escalade with 26" chrome spinners, you a black american african, tattoos, jewelries, and best of all a rap sheet of criminal records
:rukidding:

http://i.imgur.com/n0P19.gif

FRStan 02-17-2012 12:23 AM

Now that you posted this on a forum... Yeah you better declare it... Jussayin'
Posted via RS Mobile

bcrdukes 02-17-2012 12:27 AM

RevScene.net - Providing Vancouverites Moral Advice Since 2000.

falcon 02-17-2012 04:49 AM

Wait, people acutaly have the dealer install things like a lip? Really?

falcon 02-17-2012 04:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Araaadi (Post 7799458)
We'll its only an extra $30 for the install in the states, so I thought it would save me some time. I just don't want to be taxed for the value of my car. I doubt they would notice the lip , but I can never be too safe.

Wait... taxed for the value of your car? Really..... now.... They're referring to have a motor swap done, body work done, BIG things. Not a chincy little lip.

Seriously, if it's such a big deal go have it installed. Throw away the receipt (don't leave it in the car like a dumbass), go to Bellis Fair Mall, buy a few pairs of jeans or shoes or something you need and go back home. Done.

CBSA: "What was the purpose of your trip?"
You: "Went down to buy some XXXXX at Bellis Fair Mall."
CBSA: "Have a nice day."

jlenko 02-17-2012 06:54 AM

As far as most "mods" on Revscene go... the last time I checked, modifying a car doesn't increase the value. If anything, it lowers it.

CBSA should give you a credit :rofl:

Try selling a heavily modded car vs a stock one. Unless you find some foamer kid that is horny for your airplane wing (or lip kit, in this car), you lose money when you do stuff to it.

heleu 02-17-2012 07:50 AM

lol...betcha some custom's officer reads this thread and is now on the lookout for OP's 07 Civic Coupe Ex. :whistle:

ruthless 02-17-2012 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heleu (Post 7799707)
lol...betcha some custom's officer reads this thread and is now on the lookout for OP's 07 Civic Coupe Ex. :whistle:

:inout: :whistle:

ilvtofu 02-17-2012 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heleu (Post 7799707)

Lol CBSA Across canada looking out for white civics because of OP

ruthless 02-17-2012 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilvtofu (Post 7799724)
Lol CBSA Across canada looking out for white civics because of OP

I informed them to be on the lookout today during my meeting...gave them pictures/license plate too :troll:

Spoiler!

jpark 02-17-2012 12:18 PM

i bought some led dome lights, installed and didnt declare

sohardcore

falcon 02-17-2012 01:10 PM

Seriously guys... CBSA has better things to worry about than keeping an eye out for a white civic that had a lip installed in the USA.

Araaadi 02-17-2012 01:30 PM

Hey, I was just trying to be safe. There is no point going to bellingham and getting it done when I will pay all the savings back in taxes. Thanks for all the serious answers. Here is the end result.

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m...9/DSC01245.jpg
http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m...9/DSC01246.jpg

NLY 02-17-2012 01:35 PM

"Needs more low" :derp:

rJZx 02-17-2012 01:43 PM

^ I believe he has coils already and just waiting on rims and tires.... :thumbs:

Energy 02-17-2012 02:02 PM

^^^ Take off the carter honda plate frame for more clean