REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   Highway 1 road quality (https://www.revscene.net/forums/663294-highway-1-road-quality.html)

kkttsang 02-18-2012 12:31 PM

Highway 1 road quality

Hi guys I drove from burnay to poco and back today. And noticed the quality of highway 1 is terrible with all the constructions, especially today with the downpour of rain.

There are so many pot holes and pools of water, anyone with a car thats lower gotta be careful.

If you are going west bound on highway one and you take the willington exit theres a BIG DEEP pool of water, just around the turn, and its impossible to avoid, so be careful there.

If you are goin east bound around the ikea area, there are so many bumps, if your car is lowered or have RFT its terrible so gotta be careful there too.

And in the HOV lanes there are many pools of water to the left of the lanes, there are multiple pools so i can really narrow down where to avoid.

Before they moved the lanes the pot holes and drain holes are in the emergency lanes which was out of the way, but now that they moved the lanes over, the pot holes and drain holes are right on the lanes making it really bumpy especially on the HOV.

Just a heads up for you guys, drive safe in this ridiculous rain.

Jobo 02-18-2012 01:04 PM

I'd thank you if I weren't on a phone :(
Posted via RS Mobile

fd3 02-18-2012 01:21 PM

I rarely ever take hwy1 anymore because of all the construction:(
Posted via RS Mobile

flagella 02-18-2012 02:17 PM

Oh man, don't even get me started on the shitty construction job they do here.

EvoFire 02-18-2012 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kkttsang (Post 7800946)
Hi guys I drove from burnay to poco and back today. And noticed the quality of highway 1 is terrible with all the constructions, especially today with the downpour of rain.

There are so many pot holes and pools of water, anyone with a car thats lower gotta be careful.

If you are going west bound on highway one and you take the willington exit theres a BIG DEEP pool of water, just around the turn, and its impossible to avoid, so be careful there.

If you are goin east bound around the ikea area, there are so many bumps, if your car is lowered or have RFT its terrible so gotta be careful there too.

And in the HOV lanes there are many pools of water to the left of the lanes, there are multiple pools so i can really narrow down where to avoid.

Before they moved the lanes the pot holes and drain holes are in the emergency lanes which was out of the way, but now that they moved the lanes over, the pot holes and drain holes are right on the lanes making it really bumpy especially on the HOV.

Just a heads up for you guys, drive safe in this ridiculous rain.

The big pool at the Willingdon exit has been there for ages already, it's always there whenever it rains hard, like this morning.