REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 02-18-2012, 12:31 PM   #1
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Highway 1 road quality

Hi guys I drove from burnay to poco and back today. And noticed the quality of highway 1 is terrible with all the constructions, especially today with the downpour of rain.

There are so many pot holes and pools of water, anyone with a car thats lower gotta be careful.

If you are going west bound on highway one and you take the willington exit theres a BIG DEEP pool of water, just around the turn, and its impossible to avoid, so be careful there.

If you are goin east bound around the ikea area, there are so many bumps, if your car is lowered or have RFT its terrible so gotta be careful there too.

And in the HOV lanes there are many pools of water to the left of the lanes, there are multiple pools so i can really narrow down where to avoid.

Before they moved the lanes the pot holes and drain holes are in the emergency lanes which was out of the way, but now that they moved the lanes over, the pot holes and drain holes are right on the lanes making it really bumpy especially on the HOV.

Just a heads up for you guys, drive safe in this ridiculous rain.
Advertisement
kkttsang is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-18-2012, 01:04 PM   #2
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

I'd thank you if I weren't on a phone
Posted via RS Mobile
Jobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 01:21 PM   #3
fd3
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

I rarely ever take hwy1 anymore because of all the construction
Posted via RS Mobile
fd3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 02:17 PM   #4
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,814 Times in 957 Posts
Oh man, don't even get me started on the shitty construction job they do here.
flagella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 03:30 PM   #5
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,223 Times in 1,025 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkttsang View Post
Hi guys I drove from burnay to poco and back today. And noticed the quality of highway 1 is terrible with all the constructions, especially today with the downpour of rain.

There are so many pot holes and pools of water, anyone with a car thats lower gotta be careful.

If you are going west bound on highway one and you take the willington exit theres a BIG DEEP pool of water, just around the turn, and its impossible to avoid, so be careful there.

If you are goin east bound around the ikea area, there are so many bumps, if your car is lowered or have RFT its terrible so gotta be careful there too.

And in the HOV lanes there are many pools of water to the left of the lanes, there are multiple pools so i can really narrow down where to avoid.

Before they moved the lanes the pot holes and drain holes are in the emergency lanes which was out of the way, but now that they moved the lanes over, the pot holes and drain holes are right on the lanes making it really bumpy especially on the HOV.

Just a heads up for you guys, drive safe in this ridiculous rain.
The big pool at the Willingdon exit has been there for ages already, it's always there whenever it rains hard, like this morning.
EvoFire is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: