REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Autobody, Lighting, & Structural Tech

Autobody, Lighting, & Structural Tech This forum is brought to you by RPM Electronics in Burnaby.
Discussion about modifying your auotomotive lighting, retrofits, auto body, share projects, ideas, etc.

Old 02-22-2012, 05:23 PM   #1
ddr
Snapping away

OEM vs Aftermarket body parts

So if a customer chooses to go with an OEM bumper, how will he/she know that it's OEM? I can sort of imagine a shady shop slap on an aftermarket one and blame the fitment on some structural damage. I realize ICBC will only reimburse for an aftermarket bumper as well, but the car owner wants an OEM replacement.

So just a receipt, if the shop can provide one, and their reputation?

TIA
Advertisement

Last edited by ddr; 02-22-2012 at 06:26 PM.
ddr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 07:54 AM   #2
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

If you don't trust the shop why would your car be there in the first place?
Ask to see the invoice, shouldn't be a big deal.
VR6GTI is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-23-2012, 12:57 PM   #3
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

If the customer wants OEM, he/she can pay the difference from aftermarket to OEM.

I think there should be a sticker on the bumper but is on the inside, I know they have R-Dot stickers on fenders and such.

I think the invoice is a good indication if the bumper is OEM or aftermarket.
maxxxboost is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-23-2012, 03:48 PM   #4
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

invoice works or the part will have an oem part number on the back of the part.

another way if you want an oem part when you have an aftermarket part is to keep complaining and icbc will give you what you want
Nvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-19-2012, 02:35 PM   #5
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Hey,

if this is an icbc claim and they will only pay for an aftermarket... then the customer can pay the difference. Some reputable shops have a great relationship with their oem suppliers that are willing to match aftermarket pricing in which case everyone wins.... If you as the customer wants to ensure oem part installation then you can also buy it yourself and bring it in? If that isnt an option then yes you can verify by seeing the original receipt. Please keep in mind most shops charge a 20% markup on parts. Come by and lets see what we can do for you.
Boyd Richmond is offline   Reply With Quote