REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 03-06-2012, 10:44 AM   #26
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazie_gsr View Post
I would like to inform everyone that Tim has done his part well and exceeded my expectations. He helped me get 95% of the items resolved on my vehicle especially the big ticket items. If any of you are having an uneventful experience, I highly recommend you speak to Tim (dinan3) as he will truly do his part in achieving a just and compromisable means.

Someone had mentioned that Tim got the employee of the year award for 2011, and I can see why.

Thanks Tim!
Posted via RS Mobile
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon View Post
It really sounds like you need to try another dealer. Being that the car is under warranty and warranty jobs are usually cake for a dealer I don't see it being an issue getting it serviced elsewhere.
I'll agree, I dealt with Tim as well and he was really nice guy. Too bad theres only so much Tim can do to make up for a horrible service department.

I feel like this needs to be on here just as an update:

After the 3rd time bringing it back (last last Saturday) the AM had sincerly apologized to us and promised to "deal with this personally" and call us the following Monday, he did not follow with any of those "promises". Ended up calling him Tuesday afternoon where he said he'd call us back in a couple minutes stating that he forgot to call us.

Wouldn't be a problem if he actually called us back in a few minutes, instead he got a service advisor to call us an hour later.

They said parts coming in on Wednesday and should be ready by Thursday. Thursday night the advisor called saying that the car was ready (motor replaced) and the AM would have one final lookover and give us a call on Friday. Friday no call, Saturday no call and till finally 30 mins before they closed on Saturday, fed up I went down to pick up the car. Went there, no AM or service advisor (AM would be gone till Mar 13th lol). No problem, we just wanted the car. So I'm waiting for 5 mins when they informed us that the car wasn't actually ready. They didn't want to release the vehicle because there was still a certain "noise" coming from the sunroof. Here's when I talked to Tim who happened to be working, and have a look at the car together. Get in and guess what the sunroof still doesn't work lol.

Tim, I appreciate all you tried to do for us. As I mentioned that day, I know its not your fault but your service department is another story.
Advertisement
dton13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 01:24 PM   #27
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 1,070 Times in 229 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinan3 View Post
Hi crazie_gsr,

Thanks for your feedback and I'm sorry to hear about your purchase experience. I do remember receiving the survey and going through your comments noted. We have since spoke with your Sales Consultant and I know one of my colleagues from Customer Relations had spoken with you. We are aware of your appointment for yesterday and I too have a note for myself to help monitor this repair visit.

We will review each of your listed concerns above before you get your car back. If you have more questions or concerns that I can help you with, you can PM me and with you permission I will contact you tomorrow. Thanks again.

Tim
Hey Tim didn't know you were on here as well. Its freeman if you remember me. haha

But Tim is definitely a great guy and he will try his best to help you. Top notch customer service at BJBMW
Shorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 09:12 PM   #28
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazie_gsr View Post
I would like to inform everyone that Tim has done his part well and exceeded my expectations. He helped me get 95% of the items resolved on my vehicle especially the big ticket items. If any of you are having an uneventful experience, I highly recommend you speak to Tim (dinan3) as he will truly do his part in achieving a just and compromisable means.

Someone had mentioned that Tim got the employee of the year award for 2011, and I can see why.

Thanks Tim!
Posted via RS Mobile
No problem at all. I'm glad I was able to offer some help in this case. It was very nice to meet you and you can call me anytime should you have any questions or concerns about your car. Hope you're enjoying the car!

ps: I was only nominated for employee of the year, a more deserving colleague won.
Dinan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 09:21 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by dton13 View Post
I'll agree, I dealt with Tim as well and he was really nice guy. Too bad theres only so much Tim can do to make up for a horrible service department.

I feel like this needs to be on here just as an update:

After the 3rd time bringing it back (last last Saturday) the AM had sincerly apologized to us and promised to "deal with this personally" and call us the following Monday, he did not follow with any of those "promises". Ended up calling him Tuesday afternoon where he said he'd call us back in a couple minutes stating that he forgot to call us.

Wouldn't be a problem if he actually called us back in a few minutes, instead he got a service advisor to call us an hour later.

They said parts coming in on Wednesday and should be ready by Thursday. Thursday night the advisor called saying that the car was ready (motor replaced) and the AM would have one final lookover and give us a call on Friday. Friday no call, Saturday no call and till finally 30 mins before they closed on Saturday, fed up I went down to pick up the car. Went there, no AM or service advisor (AM would be gone till Mar 13th lol). No problem, we just wanted the car. So I'm waiting for 5 mins when they informed us that the car wasn't actually ready. They didn't want to release the vehicle because there was still a certain "noise" coming from the sunroof. Here's when I talked to Tim who happened to be working, and have a look at the car together. Get in and guess what the sunroof still doesn't work lol.

Tim, I appreciate all you tried to do for us. As I mentioned that day, I know its not your fault but your service department is another story.
Sorry about what happened on Saturday. My involvement in this case caused the lack of communication after Thursday. We made the decision to not release the car back to you on Friday, but the communication breakdown happened when I thought the advisor would be giving you a call to let you know, while he thought I was going to call. That is a very junior mistake on our part, I'm very sorry about this.

I have been getting updates from our Shop Foreman and Technician yesterday and today. We're going to be sending pictures and video to BMW to seek approval for our next step on rectifying this sunroof issue. We apologize that it's taking multiple visits to get this fixed, but I assure you I will follow through until this is 100% rectified.

Thanks for your understanding.

Tim
Old 03-06-2012, 09:24 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorn View Post
Hey Tim didn't know you were on here as well. Its freeman if you remember me. haha

But Tim is definitely a great guy and he will try his best to help you. Top notch customer service at BJBMW
Hi Freeman,

I remember. Nice to see you at the track day last year, can't wait for this summer. Give me a shout if you ever need anything. Cheers.

Tim
Old 03-07-2012, 12:24 AM   #31
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 5,403 Times in 858 Posts
Gotta commend Dinan3 on stepping in, into someone else's incompetence I might add, and going out of his way to rectify the issue.