REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > The Business and Financial Forum

The Business and Financial Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Revscene Wall Street.
Consolidating debt? Good business tips? Buying stock? How's our economy doing? Discuss and share advice and tools on everyday banking, investing, wealth management and insurance.

Old 03-01-2012, 01:28 PM   #1
PJ
My name is PJ and I like dogs.

Thanked 1,683 Times in 532 Posts
Any business owners on RS?

Anyone here a business owner, or personally know one? Specifically a corporation, or has had experience with incorporating.

If you're in here, shoot me a PM. I'd like to pick your brain. I've got a steakhouse dinner and all the beer you can drink waiting for you.
Advertisement

Hello my name is PJ.

Buy/Sell Feedback 1-0-0
PJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 02:21 PM   #2
Need to Seek Professional Help

I just recently incorporated my own company. Very easy process.
Old 03-01-2012, 02:52 PM   #3
Old School RS

Thanked 3,947 Times in 1,202 Posts
Agreed. Steak and beer would be great but better to just spend that money on your incorporation documents. A lawyer can handle it for a few hundred bucks.

Start reading here: https://www.corporateonline.gov.bc.c...tml/index.html

Mark
Old 03-01-2012, 03:04 PM   #4
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowside67 View Post
Agreed. Steak and beer would be great but better to just spend that money on your incorporation documents. A lawyer can handle it for a few hundred bucks.

Start reading here: https://www.corporateonline.gov.bc.c...tml/index.html

Mark
+1

Don't cheap out on the lawyer/consulting costs for this. They can help you with your annual filing and stuff. Not exactly sure what you're planning to do, but it saves you lots of grief by paying a couple hundred bucks for someone to deal with it.
jackmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-01-2012, 03:36 PM   #5
PJ

Thanks a lot, guys. Much appreciated.

The gist is, a friend and I have been making a solid second income for a while, re-branding and re-selling certain speciality products. It started out as a bit of an experimental market test, but volumes started steadily increasing. We figured it's time to do it properly before things started getting too out of hands.

Hello my name is PJ.

Buy/Sell Feedback 1-0-0

Last edited by PJ; 03-01-2012 at 03:45 PM.
Old 03-01-2012, 03:48 PM   #6
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ View Post

The gist is, a friend and I have been making a solid second income for a while, re-branding and re-selling certain speciality products. It started out as a bit of an experimental market test, but volumes started steadily increasing. We figured it's time to do it properly before things started getting too out of hands.
You definitely need to get some type of legal advice. When you have more than 1 person involved, this paperwork is the least of your concerns.

I know you can get a lawyer or accountant to help you incorporate. Get everything crystal clear on paper because you don't know what happens in the future.
jackmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-01-2012, 04:47 PM   #7
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Quote:

Incorporating is the least of your worries and is something that any competent adviser could do.

What you should be concerned with is your plan to grow. I can tell you right now that most growing small businesses fail not because they can't make enough sales, but because they don't know how to manage their cash properly.
DaFonz is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-01-2012, 05:16 PM   #8
PJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFonz View Post
Incorporating is the least of your worries and is something that any competent adviser could do.

What you should be concerned with is your plan to grow. I can tell you right now that most growing small businesses fail not because they can't make enough sales, but because they don't know how to manage their cash properly.
Thanks..

I'm just looking into incorporation at the moment.

Marketing, sales, and management is a whole other story.

Hello my name is PJ.

Buy/Sell Feedback 1-0-0
Old 03-01-2012, 05:46 PM   #9
F30
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Quote:
Thanks..

I'm just looking into incorporation at the moment.

Marketing, sales, and management is a whole other story.
Get a Chartered Accountant and a lawyer to help you. If you are serious about this business, trusting a stranger off the internet who may have done something similar at some point in their lives is probably a bad idea.

If you have time for "shooting the shit" with strangers from the internet over beers, you have time to read and do your own homework. Educate yourself from the link provided by a poster above and then engage professionals (CA and a lawyer) to help you create the structure that will work for you long term.
'04 Acura MDX Touring Black (sold)
'98 Honda Civic SI coupe Silver (sold)
F30 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-01-2012, 05:58 PM   #10
PJ

Thanks.

Im just wondering if anyone has had any first hand experience, regarding turnaround, referrals, off-the-records, whatever.

But yeah.. I'm not going to meet someone to "shoot the shit" over something that can be read online..
Posted via RS Mobile