REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 03-02-2012, 06:58 AM   #1
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Has anyone heard of "Direct eLease Returns"???

Hi everyone, i'm iinterested in a vehicle from "Direct eLease Returns" located in North Van. Has anyone heard of it? I can't find any reviews of them.

Direct eLease Returns -
Advertisement
Old 03-02-2012, 08:49 AM   #2
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

What a coincidence,

I contacted them last week regarding an IS350 they have available.
I asked them for a car fax report and service records before I drive all the way to North Van.

The guy asked for my Fax number to send me the carfax, and I asked him to email a link to me (the way I get most car faxes when I ask for them from other dealers) and I never heard from him again
Teknique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 11:37 AM   #3
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

interested.....i wonder why he didn't want to make the sale....what's he hiding?
Old 01-25-2014, 08:07 PM   #4
RS Lurker, I don't post!

Oh i wanna warn anyone dealing with this company of Direct elease returns Vancouver. It seems that this company is fake and its dealers are running a ponzi scheme. In January 2014, I found a nice dodge Caravan on line which they were advertising as a used car. I went ahead and looked at the vehicle. But after requesting an invoice to see if I can make a partial payment, I discovered that the office location address on their letter-head was very different from the address they told me to go to. When I called all the phones on the letter-head they indicated that they were out of service or others were just cell phones. And all the addresses were different from what was on the business card. Hmm this would not have raised my eye-blows but here is the problem. The vehicle seemed too good to believe the price. But it was shampooed and you could hardly tell if it has ever even been on the road much as it was a 2001 vehicle with more than 250,000 kms. What shocked me was this. When I told them that I wanna drive inside with them around the block to see if the vehicle is worth the pay, they refused and said that they are too busy for doing that. So they refused us to do a test drive in the same vehicle they wanted us to buy. When I visited their website they indicate that they have sold many cars whose photos are removed. Remember that the place they directed me to find the vehicles was other people's space. There was nothing to indicate that they actually have an office in the place where the vehicle was brought for me to see it. There was no way to track these guys anywhere b,se the place where they brought the vehicle was not even an office nor a site. It was on the street.The man/seller wanted me to pay the vehicle with only cash and go away as fast as I can. He had previously told me that they lease vehicles and also that they don't sell used lease vehicles. But when I made an anonymous or incognito phone call pretending to be a different buyer his friend told me a different story than what this other man told me. Beware of this fake company. Don't deal with them. I was lucky I never lost any money. Better deal with real dealers or sellers with real physical address with a registration certificate where which you can see physically than such a ponzi scheme mill company. Be warned and don't lose your money.
canadian23 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-25-2014, 08:17 PM   #5
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,655 Posts
Notice the vehicle photos on their website? All in front of random houses... Something isn't right. I would stay away.

2021 Mustang GT PP1 6MT
dared3vil0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 08:42 PM   #6
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,168 Times in 7,157 Posts
How does dishonestly selling a vehicle have anything to do with a "ponzi scheme?" It just sounds more like a shitty back alley "dealer" that flips cars to idiots, and doesn't bother trying to sell to anyone that shows any simple ability to tell a fucked up rebuilt vehicle from a decent one.

"A Ponzi scheme is a fraudulent investment operation that pays returns to its investors from existing capital or new capital paid by new investors, rather than from profit earned by the individual or organization running the operation."
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-25-2014, 08:51 PM   #7
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,655 Posts
^ Mostly people trying to sound like they know what they're talking about.

2021 Mustang GT PP1 6MT
dared3vil0 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-26-2014, 11:08 AM   #8
First to fail !SG evar! Now i have yellow fever...

Thanked 2,431 Times in 475 Posts
So he incorrectly used the term, who cares. At least he took his time to write the post and warn people.
Redlines_Daily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 12:07 PM   #9
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,941 Times in 765 Posts
he took the time to write a block of rambling.

His return key must be missing, me thinks
4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-26-2014, 12:15 PM   #10
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlines_Daily View Post
So he incorrectly used the term, who cares. At least he took his time to write the post and warn people.
It is a little larger than that, he bolded the word he used incorrectly indicating that it is somehow important, he has only one post, and much of his post is incoherent. This leads me to think he has no idea WTF he is talking about to a large degree. You have to realize that for people to take you seriously even on a forum, you should put some effort into spelling things correctly, punctuating reasonably and in general just making sound sense.

Needless to say his general thought process is pretty reasonable, that place does indeed look sketchy. I would stay very far away from these guys.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-26-2014, 01:45 PM   #11
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,814 Times in 957 Posts
I usually stay away from any site that has black background and white font. Joking aside, just give them a call and ask a couple of questions. Usually you can tell if something smells by then.
Posted via RS Mobile
flagella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 02:51 PM   #12
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 4,841 Times in 632 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadian23 View Post
Oh i wanna warn anyone dealing with this company of Direct elease returns Vancouver. It seems that this company is fake and its dealers are running a ponzi scheme. In January 2014, I found a nice dodge Caravan on line which they were advertising as a used car. I went ahead and looked at the vehicle. But after requesting an invoice to see if I can make a partial payment, I discovered that the office location address on their letter-head was very different from the address they told me to go to. When I called all the phones on the letter-head they indicated that they were out of service or others were just cell phones. And all the addresses were different from what was on the business card. Hmm this would not have raised my eye-blows but here is the problem. The vehicle seemed too good to believe the price. But it was shampooed and you could hardly tell if it has ever even been on the road much as it was a 2001 vehicle with more than 250,000 kms. What shocked me was this. When I told them that I wanna drive inside with them around the block to see if the vehicle is worth the pay, they refused and said that they are too busy for doing that. So they refused us to do a test drive in the same vehicle they wanted us to buy. When I visited their website they indicate that they have sold many cars whose photos are removed. Remember that the place they directed me to find the vehicles was other people's space. There was nothing to indicate that they actually have an office in the place where the vehicle was brought for me to see it. There was no way to track these guys anywhere b,se the place where they brought the vehicle was not even an office nor a site. It was on the street.The man/seller wanted me to pay the vehicle with only cash and go away as fast as I can. He had previously told me that they lease vehicles and also that they don't sell used lease vehicles. But when I made an anonymous or incognito phone call pretending to be a different buyer his friend told me a different story than what this other man told me. Beware of this fake company. Don't deal with them. I was lucky I never lost any money. Better deal with real dealers or sellers with real physical address with a registration certificate where which you can see physically than such a ponzi scheme mill company. Be warned and don't lose your money.
H.Specter is offline   Reply With Quote