REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 03-04-2012, 12:06 AM   #26
:: Sells McLarens, Not tofu :okay: ::

Thanked 11,815 Times in 3,329 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bballguy View Post
Are you sure it's not the 'khanda' or 'ik onkar' (one god) sikh symbols? I've seen those on plenty of cars, especially in Surrey.

Khanda:

'Ik Onkar':
neither of those...

damn.. those diffuser vinyls... look kinda cool.

reminds me how some planes get their bellies painted national flags for air shows

Advertisement

13' Nissan DBA-R35 GT-R Black Ed - Black met. - "Sophia"

00' Acura 1.6EL - // Power of dreams Project - "Unity"

02' Nissan M35 Stagea - "Wynn"

91' Honda EF Civic CX - "Xander"

- The Drinker of Many Many Coffees @ McLaren Vancouver
tofu1413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 12:06 AM   #27
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
italy is gonna become a black country in 30 years, they have one of the lowest reproduction rate in the world. Look who is their south neighbors
Mike Oxbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 12:08 AM   #28
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Earl View Post
italy is gonna become a black country in 30 years, they have one of the lowest reproduction rate in the world. Look who is their south neighbors
How on earth is that relevant to what is being discussed in this thread?......
bballguy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-04-2012, 12:14 AM   #29
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Earl View Post
Low reproduction rates are considered a characteristic of a socially advanced population, it's not like the world is overpopulated or anything. If it weren't for immigration Canada's population would be in heavy decline..

whatever point you're trying to make, it makes no sense...
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-04-2012, 12:46 AM   #30
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,812 Times in 8,187 Posts
This seems like another anti china flame bait thread. If we keep seeing these, points might have to be dished out...
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-04-2012, 12:54 AM   #31
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,581 Times in 4,297 Posts
I see no problem with this at all, if they want to show respect and honor from the country they are from good on them, thats part of living in a free country.

One of my closest friends has a Union Jack on the back of his Jeep, he gets more compliments from it then anything cause his a proud Brit just like I'm a proud Canadian and just like those kids are proud Chinese.

murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-04-2012, 12:56 AM   #32
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
This seems like another anti china flame bait thread. If we keep seeing these, points might have to be dished out...
What's anti-China about this thread? serious question.

The cars designed by MM are absolutely hideous and designed with very poor taste, these are especially bad, because they're even more over the top. I see an anti-MMdesign thread, not an anti-China thread. Anti-MMdesign threads are nothing new. I don't even hate the Chinese flags that much, I just think the car is ugly in general.

I also don't see why we can't be maturely discuss the behavior of immigrants who have no interest in integrating with Canada, whether they be Chinese, South Asian, South American or from any other part of the world.

Sorta posting this half expecting points or a ban, but it is a serious question not intended to be provocative in a negative way.
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-04-2012, 12:57 AM   #33
YOU CANT CUT BACK ON FUNDING! YOU WILL REGRET THIS

Thanked 3,092 Times in 1,038 Posts
I posted a picture of the R8 on my facebook wall...

one of my friends commented..
Quote:
well good job for telling everyone that you're a chinese driver
Old 03-04-2012, 01:30 AM   #34
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,812 Times in 8,187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MindBomber View Post

The cars designed by MM are absolutely hideous and designed with very poor taste, these are especially bad, because they're even more over the top. I see an anti-MMdesign thread, not an anti-China thread. Anti-MMdesign threads are nothing new. I don't even hate the Chinese flags that much, I just think the car is ugly in general.

I also don't see why we can't be maturely discuss the behavior of immigrants who have no interest in integrating with Canada, whether they be Chinese, South Asian, South American or from any other part of the world.

Sorta posting this half expecting points or a ban, but it is a serious question not intended to be provocative in a negative way.
Not sure why you expect points or a ban for asking my opinion why I think this is a flame bait thread.. When have I ever done something like that? Right, never

But anyway, if you don't think there is some anti chinese people connotation to the OP and some of the replies here, I don't know how I could explain it to you any better.

They are fucking hideous tacky, ugly cars. But this isn't a thread about hideous ugly tacky cars, it's a thread about "chinese patriotic kids in vancouver". It says so right in the thread

Maturely discussing the behavior of people is fine. Grouping all individuals as one negatively is not, at least that is my opinion. People are free to discuss whatever they want, but I don't like it when hate mongering posts start up. ANd you only really see anti china threads here by the way, I don't think I have seen anyone complaining about south americans here...
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-04-2012, 01:38 AM   #35
rsx
Lomac owned my ass at least once

Thanked 3,463 Times in 820 Posts
They're not shitting on anybody so what the fuck do you care, OP?

Hate rainbow stickers too?
rsx is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-04-2012, 01:42 AM   #36
I subscribe to Revscene

R8 GT

FS: Jordan XX8, GMP Vi, AM1 Atmos Safari, bunch of Supreme stuff
http://www.revscene.net/forums/68857...2Arare%2A.html
daval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 01:51 AM   #37
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,381 Times in 3,907 Posts
mm design gaudier than those guys with UAE/dubai flags on the hood/trunk of their car

ive got no problem with ppl having national or team pride stickers/paint jobs on their cars

usually it gives you an indication if you can expect someone hot to look @

"hmm chick driving..... brazillian/swedish/spanish flag... hmmmm potential, time to pull up slowly"
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 01:54 AM   #38
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Being patriotic towards their own country/motherland is great and beneficial to everyone. However, being patriotic towards ones own country and being patriotic towards one own country while disrespecting and discriminating the foreign country is totally DIFFERENT and unacceptable. Seriously, majority of these wealthy, even the non-wealthy, immigrants from china show zero respect to Canada and its customs. They have the mentality of treating Canada as part of China.

example: I work as a cashier and this one time, this china women comes to cashier to pay and she spoke mandarin to me but i told her: I dont speak mandarin. Then, she just laughs out loudly in front me and said: "he doesnt know mandarin in mandarin" to her friend. (i understand mando but i cant speak it)

Seriously, this is CANADA, learn your english and not expect "we are entitled to learn mandarin to accommodate you like a king/queen"

p.s. I know not all immigrants from China are like this; it is just majority of them are which makes it hard to not stereotype/discriminate.

- just like how the wealthy in China hunt polar bears for leisure.

/rant
poopyiii is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-04-2012, 01:56 AM   #39
Revscene Legend

Thanked 3,421 Times in 393 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by niu99 View Post

Some people dislike Chinese people for their behaviors, which I can understand (I'm Chinese). But this guy just hates them for their money.

Keep being bitter guy, your daddy will never make as much as their daddies do.

You jelly bruh?
dogeatcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-04-2012, 01:56 AM   #40
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,819 Times in 3,901 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by poopyiii View Post
Being patriotic towards their own country/motherland is great and beneficial to everyone. However, being patriotic towards ones own country and being patriotic towards one own country while disrespecting and discriminating the foreign country is totally DIFFERENT and unacceptable. Seriously, majority of these wealthy, even the non-wealthy, immigrants from china show zero respect to Canada and its customs. They have the mentality of treating Canada as part of China.

example: I work as a cashier and this one time, this china women comes to cashier to pay and she spoke mandarin to me but i told her: I dont speak mandarin. Then, she just laughs out loudly in front me and said: "he doesnt know mandarin in mandarin" to her friend. (i understand mando but i cant speak it)

Seriously, this is CANADA, learn your english and not expect "we are entitled to learn mandarin to accommodate you like a king/queen"

p.s. I know not all immigrants from China are like this; it is just majority of them are which makes it hard to not stereotype/discriminate.

/rant
a good post but that last point has nothing to do with your argument...
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 04:09 AM   #41
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,513 Times in 4,905 Posts
So my question is, when are these people going to take pride in their new country?

If they're like calling here, a temporary place of residence, no problemo.

I have no issues with people showing off their heritage in a small way......... just don't go overboard. I also agree with the lack of taste comments, but whatever. People have the right to be laughed at by others for their lack of taste and tact. It's not against the law, I guess.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-04-2012, 06:41 AM   #42
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,352 Times in 445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pK-diU- View Post
taste is one thing, but pride in one's place of origin is another.

remember-acceptance of everyone's cultures is what makes Canada so awesome;
the theoretical mosaic that is this country is awesome;
the fact that i can authentic italian for lunch then authentic japanese izakaya for dinner is awesome.

where i draw the line is people (not naming any race) refusing to accept this Canadian way of life and ruining it for everyone else by being nationalist pricks.
I find this somewhat ironic, considering your username on a vancouver based website. Lol, btw, my username means exactly the same as yours - but in Italian.
Posted via RS Mobile
vafanculo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 06:46 AM   #43
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 2,485 Times in 1,007 Posts
i see cars with bumper sticker of flags all the time...
Old 03-04-2012, 07:19 AM   #44
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
I've seen a white Acura Integra with PUNJABI just written across the top of the front windshield.
saw a guy in a red teg w/ a cdn flag on the hood. i think he was brown. saw the car & was like

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 09:14 AM   #45

Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MindBomber View Post
You can't see it now because he edited his post...He basically went on a rant how he hates these chinese people for being patriotic and stating that "if they like their communist china so much, why don't they gtfo of Canada and go back to China."...or something along those lines...immediately after that, he went to the "rising cost of living, what do you to do deal with it" thread and went "why don't u ask those rich chinese kids in Richmond, they seem to be dealing quite well," in a mad way....10 minutes later, he edited both posts, deleting his rant on this one and exchanging his entire post for a period in the other one.
bballguy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-04-2012, 09:25 AM   #46

Meeh, it's their car and having the flag on the car is no different from having Italian stripes on some Italian cars.
Posted via RS Mobile
optiblue is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-04-2012, 09:37 AM   #47
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

ugly car or not, they are contributing to the economy by spending $ on Canadian businesses. Paying first to uglify the car and then paying again to de-uglify it when it needs to be sold. Double profit???

Cars:
02' Lexus IS300 5spd
07' BMW 323iA
05' BMW Z4 5spd
06' BMW 330i 6spd
10' Audi A4 quattro
08' BMW M3 6spd
15' Kawasaki Ninja300
08' Yamaha R6
10' Honda Ridgeline
17' Audi Q5
16' BMW X5D

bing is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-04-2012, 10:01 AM   #48
I bringith the lowerballerith

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballguy View Post
You can't see it now because he edited his post...He basically went on a rant how he hates these chinese people for being patriotic and stating that "if they like their communist china so much, why don't they gtfo of Canada and go back to China."...or something along those lines...immediately after that, he went to the "rising cost of living, what do you to do deal with it" thread and went "why don't u ask those rich chinese kids in Richmond, they seem to be dealing quite well," in a mad way....10 minutes later, he edited both posts, deleting his rant on this one and exchanging his entire post for a period in the other one.
Which member was it that wrote that garbage?

If this person has a problem with the people who live here,he is more than welcome to leave,nobody is forcing him to stay.
spyker is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-04-2012, 10:19 AM   #49
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,051 Times in 265 Posts
Maybe you should just get a better job than a cashier if you cant take shit from people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopyiii View Post

/rant
bananana is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-04-2012, 10:42 AM   #50
My homepage has been set to RS

i completely agree with skinny on this one - this is yet another thread which is posted as a chance to make fun of and be racist at mainlanders. i assume op is cantonese because most people of any race including most hk chinese people know that this is straight up racism and wouldnt publically post shit like this. however every once in a while someone posts or comments and thinks that just because theyre from hk its ok to be racist at mainlanders since ur both chinese. it doesnt matter how "fed up" u are with mainlanders - this behaviour should not be acceptable, period. if your brain cant help but be a racist prick about every situation remotely related to china, you shouldnt be allowed to bring your racist bullshit to a car enthusiast forum. if this was just posted as a few images in the hall of shame forum, it would be ok, but op clearly has a different agenda.
Posted via RS Mobile
drunkrussian is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: