REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Police Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/police-forum_143/)
-   -   Neighbor poisoned my cat. WHAT CAN I DO! (https://www.revscene.net/forums/664148-neighbor-poisoned-my-cat-what-can-i-do.html)

sebTeggy 03-05-2012 08:50 AM

Neighbor poisoned my cat. WHAT CAN I DO!

So my neighbor has been accusing me cat of pooing in his front yard. He leaves his gate open and it is possible that any dog/cat/racoon/etc could have done it.

He is not Caucasian and in his country felines are pests. He has asked us to clean up anything in his yard but this is unreasonable seeing as there is no way a cat can create that much of a mess, especially at that size.

I am as certain as can be without evidence that he deliberately did this because he is a very very passive individual. He hasn't verbally said anything like 'It was me!' but I have a strong hunch.

I am wondering, legally, what can I do? I know I can't do much without strong evidence, but the last thing I want to do is go through his garbage, find a poison, then get sued for privacy invasion?

I don't want to just 'call the police and let them deal with it', am I powerless here? I need some advice.

Thanks

CRS 03-05-2012 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sebTeggy (Post 7819420)
So my neighbor has been accusing me cat of pooing in his front yard. He leaves his gate open and it is possible that any dog/cat/racoon/etc could have done it.

He is not Caucasian and in his country felines are pests. He has asked us to clean up anything in his yard but this is unreasonable seeing as there is no way a cat can create that much of a mess, especially at that size.

I am as certain as can be without evidence that he deliberately did this because he is a very very passive individual. He hasn't verbally said anything like 'It was me!' but I have a strong hunch.

I am wondering, legally, what can I do? I know I can't do much without strong evidence, but the last thing I want to do is go through his garbage, find a poison, then get sued for privacy invasion?

I don't want to just 'call the police and let them deal with it', am I powerless here? I need some advice.

Thanks

You already answered your own question.

As for going through his garbage, as soon as it is rolled out to the curb, it is free for anyone's taking.

BoostedBB6 03-05-2012 09:00 AM

Move

bobbyhill 03-05-2012 09:02 AM

Want me to kill him for you.
Posted via RS Mobile

sebTeggy 03-05-2012 09:24 AM

EDIT: I'll go through his garbage.... Other than that? Any tips?

Thanks for reading

ninjatune 03-05-2012 09:31 AM

Common law states that household garbage placed at the curbside is as good as discarded... However, it'd be a tough time trying to proove it even if you found some type of poison. A dish of antifreeze could have been enough to kill at a cat.

Is your cat dead? How do you know it was poisioned?

ruthless 03-05-2012 09:36 AM

Maybe he put out the poison to kill rats or something else and your cat just happened to go eat it...which keep in mind he is legally allowed to do, not his fault your cat trespasses and eats it...

Spoon 03-05-2012 10:15 AM

Quote:

He leaves his gate open and it is possible that any dog/cat/racoon/etc could have done it.

Quote:

I am as certain as can be without evidence that he deliberately did this

He thinks your cat's the only animal that can make such a mess while you think he's the only one capable of doing such a crime in this whole wide world. I don't think I have to state the obvious right?

Matlock 03-05-2012 01:54 PM

Sadly, there really isn't much you can do unless he admits to poisoning your cat. It's one of the risks you take by allowing your animals to roam freely unsupervised in the city.

Nothing good can really come out of neighbor wars.

vitaminG 03-05-2012 02:35 PM

if you let it roam free then your cat couldve gotten "poisoned" by anything. Keep it in your house if you cant deal with that risk.

Fuhrėr-Z 03-05-2012 05:26 PM

Yeah I can't sympathize with you, cause you're no better than he is for going on bogus hunches with no proof. Also, your suspicions seem to indicate that your cat did roam into his yard, in which case he wins, he solved his pest problem. Take care of your pet better next time.

jlenko 03-05-2012 07:42 PM

Put a fart cannon on your car and rev the piss out of it at 4 am.

I do it every day when I go to work. My neighbors get a nice 4 am wake up call. And they can't do shit.

TjAlmeida 03-05-2012 08:08 PM

Next time he bitches about your cat, just dont say anything. Look at him and flip him the bird and say fuck you bitch.

only serious advice I can give is either lock up your cat, or let it out and just live with the consequences if something happens.

But Iv found with my dick head neighbors in the past. I just said fuck em' and went about my day.

If he doesnt want your cat in his yard that bad he will figure something out to keep it out.
Posted via RS Mobile

Phil@rise 03-05-2012 08:15 PM

outdoor cats are as good as dead cats I've had three outdoor cats and guess what all dead from outdoor related activity.
Keep your cat inside if you want to keep it safe.

Limitless 03-06-2012 01:13 AM

Posts here are true but a bit harsh... I know I wouldn't want to be reading this if the same thing happened to my cat. I think OP should get the point by now, keep the cat indoors next time and you won't run into this kind of situation. Sorry for your loss though :( It's always tough to lose a pet..

danned 03-06-2012 06:04 AM

call the police
call the city for enquiry

lowside67 03-06-2012 06:17 AM

Just to echo most of the posters in this thread, without a "smoking gun" i.e. some solid proof you are pretty much hosed.

Sorry for the bad news.

Mark

Speed2K 03-10-2012 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil@rise (Post 7820145)
outdoor cats are as good as dead cats I've had three outdoor cats and guess what all dead from outdoor related activity.

I guess it might depend on the neighbourhood you live in I've seen a couple of outdoor cats roaming around my area for years, they're still around though, despite that fact that I've also seen coyotes and racoons around too.

To the op, how's your cat?

How about setting up some video surveillance that overlooks the "general area" (i.e. not deliberately pointed into your neighbours yard)?

falcon 03-12-2012 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil@rise (Post 7820145)

My family has had cats for the last 20 years and never had a problem. They come/go as they please and they all stayed alive (until they died from old age).

umpadupa 04-03-2012 06:28 PM

i would just start keeping ur cat indoors.

Honestly i would just start digging holes in his yard with a shovel and see what he says...nothing big, just little chunks. :troll:

Verdasco 04-03-2012 07:08 PM

buy a new cat and leave him inside or monitor it outside... problem solved

Ri2 04-04-2012 02:18 AM

how is the cat??????????????????

melloman 04-04-2012 10:05 AM

...... I've had my cat now for about 5 years.. Previous cat lived 19 years. Both were/are outdoor/indoor cats.

Usually cats will NOT poo on lawns, they like to poo in gardens where there is dirt they can BURRY their poo in. It's just like using the litter box, they like to hide their poop, so I bet it's not your cat. I'd spray "Killex" all over his lawn and leave your cat inside for afew days.. give it about 4 days and his lawn will shrivel up and DIE.

PS. How's the cat? :D

sebTeggy 04-05-2012 09:09 AM

The cat survived. He was very very sick and we were very worried.

We are moving to a new place. This neighbor also intentionally threw broken glass in the backyard to try and harm my landlords puppy a year ago.

It is obvious, from what is written above, the people who are and are not cat owners. Thanks for all the support everyone.

wing_woo 04-05-2012 09:46 AM

Glad your cat is fine. I lost one of my cats to a coyote before. :( Had to pay $90 to the dog pound cause they found the remains and they gave me back his collar. Didn't let my cats out anymore after.