REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   Honda Way (https://www.revscene.net/forums/664181-honda-way.html)

skiiipi 03-05-2012 05:09 PM

Honda Way

Hey guys

in my search for a S2000, I came across this dealership in Abbotsford

Just wondering if anybody has heard anything about them.....one thing that "shocks" me is the amount of S2000s they have in their pre-owned inventory....something just does not seem "right" when a dealership is holding on to so many pre-owned low km S2000s.

Used Honda for Sale in Abbotsford, BC | The Honda Way

Any feed back would be appreciated.

skiiipi 03-05-2012 05:15 PM

So I just phoned the dealership...looks like I might have answered my own question
all the S2000 listed are US cars, looks like they bring up cars from US and sell them up here.

i actually called about this particular one
Used 2006 Honda S2000 for Sale in Abbotsford, BC - Price | The Honda Way
2006 AP2 with 43000 KMs ( called to confirm that its KM and not Miles), however they have had this car in their inventory for over 7 month now.....as with most of their S2Ks.....would it be safe to "skip these guys" from my shopping?....cause one would assume that a low KM S2000 would be a "gem"...and if a dealership is sitting on so many, their must be somethings wrong with it.....

spyker 03-05-2012 05:28 PM

I was recently there with a friend to look at a S2000 too,I also noticed alot of the cars were US imports and way overpriced.

If you are going to by a US import,you're better off heading down stateside and getting one yourself and save $$$.

HondaGuy 03-05-2012 05:36 PM

I recall one of their salesman is on RS... His name is Sokha
Nice guy!

Yah they do hve a lot of preowned s2k on lot.
Posted via RS Mobile

cdizzle_996 03-05-2012 05:37 PM

90% of those S2000's have been there for over a year, probably because theyre asking 25k for AP1's...

bensta 03-05-2012 05:45 PM

sokha is cool. but his dipshit sales manager wouldnt let me even test drive a ap1 when i went in because "they are very rare cars and we want to keep the km low" so i walked away.

BillyBishop 03-05-2012 05:55 PM

Those are incredibly high prices... I see several for over $30k.

twitchyzero 03-05-2012 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bensta (Post 7819938)
sokha is cool. but his dipshit sales manager wouldnt let me even test drive a ap1 when i went in because "they are very rare cars and we want to keep the km low" so i walked away.

S2000 are rare cars...i only see half a dozen of them each day

accordpoop 03-05-2012 06:03 PM

When I was shopping around for a ap2 I found that only a few thousand s2000 where sold up north compared state side where they sold like 40000 of them. So I guess you can say it is rare to see a Canadian s2k.

MindBomber 03-05-2012 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by accordpoop (Post 7819966)
When I was shopping around for a ap2 I found that only a few thousand s2000 where sold up north compared state side where they sold like 40000 of them. So I guess you can say it is rare to see a Canadian s2k.

Total production was 66860, but I believe less than 10% of those were sold in Canada.

That's why Honda Way adopted the S2000 importing strategy, because they're able to position themselves as the best dealership to buy an S from for those not interested in going through the private market. Nothing suspicious about it, and although the prices are high, check out the used prices at other dealerships, they aren't all that far off. S2000s don't sell fast, maintaining an inventory of s2ks is essential to the strategy, that's why they sit around.

If you want to go the cheap route, do the leg work and buy private, simple as that.

donjalapeno 03-05-2012 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HondaGuy (Post 7819922)
I recall one of their salesman is on RS... His name is Sokha
Nice guy!

Yah they do hve a lot of preowned s2k on lot.
Posted via RS Mobile

Quote:

i believe sokha works at BMW of langley now.

Gridlock 03-05-2012 07:31 PM

Quote:

I know its not what you probably meant, but perhaps the dipshit salesmanager didn't feel like having a bunch of test pilots bouncing his cars off the rev limiter if they weren't even intending to buy?

Gridlock 03-05-2012 07:37 PM

A lot of hate on sales lots and salesmen today.

Am I assuming that was is needed right now to be a successful car salesman is:

1. full inventory of the exact car that people are looking for, new or used
2. no profit. Work for free
3. blow jobs apparently before someone will buy.

RabidRat 03-05-2012 10:14 PM

Holy shit $26,000 for an AP1.

skiiipi 03-05-2012 10:19 PM

Thanks for all the help everyone!
I'm not too keen on US imports mainly due to resale value and such.
Going over to the island on Saturday to take a closer look at
Used Car | Campus Honda Used Car | Victoria Honda Dealership this particular one, its a local island car, owned by two previous "older" owners (according to dealership), and they have all the service records as all the servicing has been done at the dealership.
i will "pull the trigger" if the pricing is right
thinking of trading my subaru legacy spec b for a S2K (already posted in another thread).
now just want to see the car in person before i make a move.

RabidRat 03-05-2012 10:26 PM

Make sure you check carefully for signs of wear on the inside of the soft top, specifically the passenger side rear. Really common for that area to tear, and replacing the top is over $2000.

If you haven't already, check on the Island section of s2ki to see if anyone can come with you.

skiiipi 03-06-2012 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RabidRat (Post 7820325)
Make sure you check carefully for signs of wear on the inside of the soft top, specifically the passenger side rear. Really common for that area to tear, and replacing the top is over $2000.

If you haven't already, check on the Island section of s2ki to see if anyone can come with you.

Hey thanks a lot!
Will thank when I get onto desktop
Don't I need to be a member of s2ki before I can post? And isn't their membership not free?
I'm going to get a PPI done at "5252", which I heard is a reputable shop on the island.
But I will try to see if an island S2Ki member can come as well, it would give me an additional peace of mind.
Posted via RS Mobile

RabidRat 03-06-2012 02:24 AM

Nah, it's free to sign up to post, paid membership is just to access the Hotties section, get more PM inbox capacity, and ability to sell stuff in the buy/sell.

Oh ok if you're getting it professionally checked out you're prolly ok then, but the issue with the top is a pretty subtle s2k specific issue, just take a quick look yourself :)
Posted via RS Mobile

kwy 03-06-2012 07:01 AM

Nearly 30k for an AP1 is outrageous. Used S2Ks are dipping into the 10k range. Obviously the condition wont be the same, but thats way too big of a differential.

twitchyzero 03-06-2012 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MindBomber (Post 7819978)
Total production was 66860, but I believe less than 10% of those were sold in Canada.

That's why Honda Way adopted the S2000 importing strategy, because they're able to position themselves as the best dealership to buy an S from for those not interested in going through the private market. Nothing suspicious about it, and although the prices are high, check out the used prices at other dealerships, they aren't all that far off. S2000s don't sell fast, maintaining an inventory of s2ks is essential to the strategy, that's why they sit around.

If you want to go the cheap route, do the leg work and buy private, simple as that.

sorry...that amount of price gouging isn't cool. Canadian model might be somewhat hard to find, but trying to sell US imports that are aged 10 years or more with only 25-30% deppreciation when the dollar is on par = okay good luck

they are not trying to sell NSXs

shantz 03-06-2012 08:42 AM

My sister works in their business office, and I've had a lot of business relations with them in the body shop industry. I wouldn't hesitate to buy a car from them.

Let me know if you need any further insight.

Mashimaro 03-06-2012 08:56 AM

i went there to look at 2 S2K's about year ago and Sokha helped me out.

test drove 2 of them, liked a mint white one in the end (AP1) which was also a US car, but had less than 20,000kms on the odo.

sat down to talk some numbers and the sales manager would not agree any price offered, even if it was $1000 off from their asking price.

Sokha was great as a salesman, but i walked away because his hands were tied by his boss for negotiation. it's too bad because i'm sure they can sell a lot of those cars if they would move on the price even a little bit.

if there was a disclaimer saying no negotiations, i would understand...but these are used cars and i'm sure they can move at least more than $200 off the asking price.

maybe the policy has changed now.

ddonovan 03-06-2012 11:02 AM

Sokha isn't there any more but I do have the managers name. The Honda Way supports the Vancouver Island Poker Run in a big way and I have been at events at thier lot. They do import US cars but because there are more of them and of course they are cheaper. As to what Honda Way charges I can't comment. It's a business.

There are a bunch of S2000's on the island right now as well.

http://sigcreator.andrewjnuttall.com...rand=139012376

Levitron 03-06-2012 12:15 PM

Quite a bit of info I dug up before: http://www.revscene.net/forums/63706...ly-driver.html

I still haven't found my S2K yet...but that's just because of other things more important in life ;)

bb4srv 03-09-2012 03:03 PM

skiiipi, the S2000 is the greatest thing ever built in its era and still is today. I just picked up a used one last year and loving it. I looked at a few at Honda Way also and they will not back down on prices.