REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Automotive Detailing & Car Care Tech

Automotive Detailing & Car Care Tech THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Discussion on how to keep your car shining bright and make them heads turn..

Old 03-05-2012, 10:19 PM   #1
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
presser washer detergent recommendations?

i have the use of a pressure washer now to clean my car, and it comes with a detergent dispenser on the low/mix setting. i tried the crappy tire simoniz stuff that is supposedly for pressure washer use but it is useless.

does anyone have a product they would recommend for such an application?
Advertisement
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 07:59 PM   #2
Need to Seek Professional Help

Are you using it as a pre rinse or are you trying to strip old wax etc before detailing?
911fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 08:54 AM   #3
Witness protection

pre rinse!
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds
Old 03-07-2012, 08:59 AM   #4

You can put any soap through it. As soaps are less viscous, you'll use less product and they will stay on the surface better. You can add some RG Snow Foam or CG Honeydew Snow Foam to the mix and that will help the soap cling to vertical surfaces better as well. You only put 50ml of the RG product in a 1L bottle so it's quite economical. Not sure about the CG stuff and I believe they are both ph neutral.
Old 03-07-2012, 12:48 PM   #5
Witness protection

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911fanatic View Post
You can put any soap through it. As soaps are less viscous, you'll use less product and they will stay on the surface better. You can add some RG Snow Foam or CG Honeydew Snow Foam to the mix and that will help the soap cling to vertical surfaces better as well. You only put 50ml of the RG product in a 1L bottle so it's quite economical. Not sure about the CG stuff and I believe they are both ph neutral.
what about ONR? will that mix well?

as for the RG and CG... will that become available from you when you open up shop again?
Old 03-07-2012, 05:31 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
what about ONR? will that mix well?

as for the RG and CG... will that become available from you when you open up shop again?
Haven't tried ONR that way. I have the RG in stock and can get the CG stuff if you'd like some.
Old 03-08-2012, 02:11 PM   #7
Witness protection

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911fanatic View Post
Haven't tried ONR that way. I have the RG in stock and can get the CG stuff if you'd like some.
i was wondering because i still have a litre of ONR with me.

i haven't used either RG or CG, so whichever you recommend?
Old 03-13-2012, 03:58 AM   #8
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

the RaceGlaze snowfoam is very good with a foam gun
same as the CG maxi stud II
604_Snooze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 08:25 AM   #9
Witness protection

Quote:
Originally Posted by 604_Snooze View Post
the RaceGlaze snowfoam is very good with a foam gun
same as the CG maxi stud II
how many washes can you get out of a bottle of either?

Last edited by thumper; 03-14-2012 at 07:54 AM.
Old 03-13-2012, 03:25 PM   #10

I am not sure, I just put maxi stud II in the foam bottle straight, no water mixture.

You should go with the snow foam or Duragloss 901. You have any small bottles? I can give you some to try, I have DG901, Maxi Stud II, Meg Shampoo plus, and a few others, all in Gallon Size sitting in my drawer, haha. I love shampoo.
Old 03-13-2012, 11:36 PM   #11
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,621 Times in 684 Posts
Still looking for an affordable foam cannon/lace...Where did you guys buy yours from and for how much?
Old 03-14-2012, 05:55 AM   #12

Most of them are going to be in the $90 range. Check a place called PWmall.com You may be able to save a few bucks having it shipped to Blaine and picking it up.
Old 03-14-2012, 07:55 AM   #13
Witness protection

Quote:
I am not sure, I just put maxi stud II in the foam bottle straight, no water mixture.

You should go with the snow foam or Duragloss 901. You have any small bottles? I can give you some to try, I have DG901, Maxi Stud II, Meg Shampoo plus, and a few others, all in Gallon Size sitting in my drawer, haha. I love shampoo.
how big/little of a bottle? maybe i have an old shampoo bottle kicking around lol
Old 03-14-2012, 11:02 AM   #14

those few oz small bottles, do you live by oakridge area?
Old 03-15-2012, 09:45 AM   #15
Witness protection

Quote:
those few oz small bottles, do you live by oakridge area?
i work at VGH so i am about 20 minutes away depending on the time... and i forgot to look for a bottle
Old 03-30-2012, 02:49 AM   #16

Hey, you can come by any time during daytime to pick up some samples to try.
Just bring your little bottle.
Old 03-31-2012, 06:21 PM   #17
Witness protection

hi 604_snooze sorry for the late reply. got sent outside of the gvrd for work... i hate it and i wanna go home